Manchester United

SwiftGuyver

obviously it's the Daily Fail so the story could be complete nonsense but if that's true it seems a strange decision from LvG.

i'd say Vidal is exactly what Man Utd need right now but i guess he knows better than me...

S7_MUFC

obviously it's the Daily Fail so the story could be complete nonsense but if that's true it seems a strange decision from LvG.

i'd say Vidal is exactly what Man Utd need right now but i guess he knows better than me...

What's strange is the timing of this changing his mind....Why would he change his mind in the middle of negotiation.....But will the midfield trio of Herrara Vidal and Mata be good enough defensively? That could be the only reason for this so called plug pulling that Van Gaal seems to do often when we are close to signing world class midfielders..........

BenRobbins

The daily mail posted the exact same article this morning but just changed the words around and put the deal is off and published it again if you read them. Nobody knows who we are after which is a shame. Just have to wait till Sky Sports/BBC start reporting stuff as everything being written at this moment in time is just guess work.

Martindn

The daily mail posted the exact same article this morning but just changed the words around and put the deal is off and published it again if you read them. Nobody knows who we are after which is a shame. Just have to wait till Sky Sports/BBC start reporting stuff as everything being written at this moment in time is just guess work.

Take with a grain of salt whatever all these journalists say. None of them have a clue.

"I'm not thinking about where I go, I want to take the holiday with people I love. Now I'm thinking about other things. Then when you get to Italy I will see," "I'm already at a big team so it's no issue if the united bid fails"

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You guys should follow what they're saying in Italy, the reliable sources(Di Marzio, Sky Sports Italia, GDS, not clowns like Tancredi Palmeri) there. Forget the english media, Vidal plays in Italy, for Juventus. They'll have the inside info of whether Vidal is for sale or not and whether a team has tabled a bid or not and whether Vidal has told them if he want to leave or not.

Martindn

You guys should follow what they're saying in Italy, the reliable sources(Di Marzio, Sky Sports Italia, GDS, not clowns like Tancredi Palmeri) there. Forget the english media, Vidal plays in Italy, for Juventus. They'll have the inside info of whether Vidal is for sale or not and whether a team has tabled a bid or not and whether Vidal has told them if he want to leave or not.

What about chilean media? Its been all over it for days. I haven't had faith in twitter or the english media in general for years, after the horrible transfer sagas united fans have been subjected to we have trust issues. I dont believe we will sign him anyway while there is obviously interest, as with most of our targets someone will beat us to it.

Dave Saves

The last time we pulled off a signing like this from another major club when the player didn't have his contract running down was JSV 13 years ago (although that did not go very well ). This makes me remain skeptical if we can sign Vidal, specially since we are the least attractive as a club to players at the moment as we have been for over a decade.

Banana-Rama

regarding vidal, we already have signed a box to box type of midfielder - ander herrera. a defensive type of midfielder is more what we need now, carrick is the only dm we have and he is 33 in a few weeks. obviously i would take vidal if we could get him, but i won't be too disappointed if we don't, i am not sure a herrera-vidal partnership would work very well, they are both midfielders that want to make forward runs rather then sit back. if we were interested in vidal but have decided to pull out i don't think it is because of money, we have lots to spend this summer.

it is more likely to do with his knee injury, our medical team don't want to take the chance with another hargreaves situation who we signed under similar circumstances, especially as vidal will come with a big transfer fee and massive wages. if we sign someone like carvalho in this window to complement herrera, then next summer bring in strootman to complete our centre mid options, that makes more sense to me...

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

Take with a grain of salt whatever all these journalists say. None of them have a clue.

"I'm not thinking about where I go, I want to take the holiday with people I love. Now I'm thinking about other things. Then when you get to Italy I will see," "I'm already at a big team so it's no issue if the united bid fails"

those quotes look a bit dodgy by the way, it doesn't sound like something he would say...

Martindn

those quotes look a bit dodgy by the way, it doesn't sound like something he would say...

He conducted the "interview" on chilean television this is all i could find about it i dont speak spanish so judging from the video i have no idea if that is actually what he said.

http://www.chilevision.cl/la_roja/n...nombre-de-arturo-vidal/2014-07-14/174927.html

"No estoy pensando en donde voy a ir, quiero aprovechar las vacaciones con la gente que quiero. Ahora estoy pensando en otras cosas. Después cuando llegue a Italia lo veré", expresó.

"Ya estoy en un equipo grande, la Juventus, por lo que igual estaré tranquilo si fracasa lo opción del Manchester United"

Edit : New update from Andy Mitten

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans