Manchester United

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
When will Van Gaal's team look like they possess some sort of an identity ? It's going to take alot for them to convince de gea to stay, finishing in the top 4 at least

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
When will Van Gaal's team look like they possess some sort of an identity ? It's going to take alot for them to convince de gea to stay, finishing in the top 4 at least

They look like a good team whenever they play with a back 4. LvG is sticking to the 3-5-2 because, according to him, they play more balanced in that formation. I don't see it.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
They look like a good team whenever they play with a back 4. LvG is sticking to the 3-5-2 because, according to him, they play more balanced in that formation. I don't see it.

Van Gaal is the absolute idealist, a club like united just doesn't have the squad to execute the 3-5-2. When will he see this ?

Martindn

Van Gaal is the absolute idealist, a club like united just doesn't have the squad to execute the 3-5-2. When will he see this ?

I was hoping that the 3-5-2 was a necessity out of injuries with players like Valencia/Young as full backs you cant have a back 4, but then came the southampton/qpr games where we had the players for a back 4 on the field and still the 3-5-2 was played with the forward line having players completely out of position. Who cares about balance if you cant get a shot on target :lol:

Blaugrana Man

Just read that Madrid and United have agreed in principle on terms to send de Gea to Bernabeu.

Interesting, though somewhat perplexing.

S7_MUFC

I really cant see the point, unless he wants to leave - our best player plus money for fkin bale :lol: hes not exactly messi is he.

A good goalkeeper is a luxury not a necessity and next season we will have a better defense so De gea may not be that big of a miss...I'd love to keep him but if he wants to leave than getting bale is the next best thing.....

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I haven't seen a huge amount of Bale since he went to Madrid, but last I remember he was a one trick pony.

Martindn

A good goalkeeper is a luxury not a necessity and next season we will have a better defense so De gea may not be that big of a miss...I'd love to keep him but if he wants to leave than getting bale is the next best thing.....

You remember how hard it was replacing Schmeichel? even with defenders like Stam and Silvestre in their prime it was a mess. If he wants to leave fine, i just hope we arent selling because we want Bale a goalkeeper who will save as many points as him is irreplacable imo.

zanela

If this deal comes to pass. ManU can always rely on VV, or pursue one of Perin or Karius for a younger and more enterprising option.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

It's definitely a necessity for a team which want to be among the very best. There's no use of having a good defence if your GK is a hack.

Also you could have the greatest defence ever, but even that would be broken from time to time and that's when you need a very good GK to keep you at bay.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If this deal comes to pass. ManU can always rely on VV, or pursue one of Perin or Karius for a younger and more enterprising option.

Yeah they do have Valdes, who could surely step in for a year or so while ManUtd look for a replacement (Sommer/Leno/Perin/Lopes).

Home of Barca Fans