Manchester United

S7_MUFC

The formation is a major issue for us because the pattern of play is basically passing the ball among the centre backs until they are under pressure and pass the ball to De Gea who hoofs the ball forward.....Carrick sometimes tries to play long balls but yesterday the wind made that even more difficult than usual.....Fellaini is useful in this formation because he's able to win those hoofed balls and we can build our attack from there....Lack of creativity is down to our forward players not getting the ball sooner and opposition being in shape by the time our CB's release the ball.....Reverting back to back 4 should fix a lot of faults with our attacking play and addition of Di Maria along with 2 Full backs should partially fix our issues with lack of pace and penetration......

Neymessi

I wont say manu failed completely yesterday.They did create something (in comparison to times when they do nothing but still win somehow) yesterday but the conditions were horrid to play in.

S7_MUFC

I wont say manu failed completely yesterday.They did create something (in comparison to times when they do nothing but still win somehow) yesterday but the conditions were horrid to play in.

I can't think of any clear cut chances we created yesterday.....Other than the Goal the only other chance was probably Van Persie's audacious attempt from a long ball.....

LVG's memorable quotes compilation

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The danger with bringing young players along too quickly nevermind heaping too much pressure seems to apply here with Januzaj....Shame really because he looked a terrific talent, hope he does not let this harm his development

Galning

I can't think of any clear cut chances we created yesterday.....Other than the Goal the only other chance was probably Van Persie's audacious attempt from a long ball.....

He is nuts. I love him. His best quote so far has to be "that's another cook".

S7_MUFC

The danger with bringing young players along too quickly nevermind heaping too much pressure seems to apply here with Januzaj....Shame really because he looked a terrific talent, hope he does not let this harm his development
He's a great talent but he's failing to adjust to the system after basically being made the go to guy at 18....At one point our gameplan seemed to be just to pass him the ball and see what happens....

Martindn

F'ing love the guy :party1:

Wasnt it a scooped ball by Mata just outside the area for his chance?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's a great talent but he's failing to adjust to the system after basically being made the go to guy at 18....At one point our gameplan seemed to be just to pass him the ball and see what happens....

Yeah, I remember...I also remember thinking the danger of putting that much pressure on him so soon...He had a bit of Bojan about him late against Stoke so I hope confidence won't be an issue for him...Van Gaal is not known for coddling young players

Morten

You went on a galactico-esque summer window(almost purely big stars up front), that is why he is not playing, simple as that. Keep it up next summer and you have become the new real madrid, congrats :)

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So apparently van Gaal has the same amount of points as Moyes had last season at this same stage. At least the team look better. :lol:

Ursegor

World Champion
Not apparently. It's true.

Moyes: 21 games, 11 wins, 4 draws, 6 losses, 35:24 goal difference, 37 points.
LvG: 21 games, 10 wins, 7 draws, 4 losses, 34:21 goal difference, 37 points.

Persisting with a 3 man defense, playing Rooney in midfield and Di Maria as a striker. Weirdness all around. Gets some leeway because he's a big name.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yup, people are probably saying stuff like "oh managers need time for players to understand their philosophy" while with managers like Moyes and Enrique it's "you suck get out" by November. :coffee:

onzeXI

Yup, people are probably saying stuff like "oh managers need time for players to understand their philosophy" while with managers like Moyes and Enrique it's "you suck get out" by November. :coffee:

LVG says that. Koeman says that's a load of BS ... maybe just to irritate LVG. :D

Home of Barca Fans