Manchester United

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think Manu is on a good way, especially because of the young guys like Mainoo, Garnacho and Amad.

If they manage to do 2-3 good transfers they are back and they can win the Pl after Pep leaves.

jamrock

ETH is turning man utd, into a rich Ajax.

De jong is the key through and he's pussy footing around making the deal happen, it won't work without him.

Mainoo, is a similar player, younger and will be better in 2 years, so I guess the club is being smart with that decision.

soul24rage

I dont know about the youngsters but yeah 1 cm and 1 dm would massively improve this squad!

Do you think this season Arsenal will win the title??
I don't see Arsenal winning.

Besides Rice, they don't have a good CM next to him imo and don't have good depth in that position.

Equi Fernandez would have been a great signing smh.

JamDav1982

Besides Rice, they don't have a good CM next to him imo and don't have good depth in that position.

Could say the same about City after Rodri...difference is Pep can get a song out of likes of Kovacic probably.

Merino would help them there probably.. enough? Not sure.

Birdy

They are getting Merino

Arsenal deserved it last year. Now with Califiori Merino, and Timber that never played last season, they will be even better

We will see
ETH is turning man utd, into a rich Ajax.

De jong is the key through and he's pussy footing around making the deal happen, it won't work without him.

Mainoo, is a similar player, younger and will be better in 2 years, so I guess the club is being smart with that decision.

Yes, ETH still wants FDJ.
But he will have to wait 2 more years to get him on a free in 2026

Maradona37

Nobody can really beat Pep and Man City over a league season, generally. Liverpool done it once and often came closest, giving them their greatest challenge. Even last season, it looks close on the table, but once Man City stepped it up you knew Arsenal weren't gonna do it.

We can get into how Man City operate etc, it's hard for anyone to know the full details. But the point is the coaches in the dugout and the players on the pitch are significantly better than everyone else's in the league, and Pep has mastered league football. So effectively everyone else is fighting for second. Maybe Arsenal or Liverpool will surprise us this season but I'd be amazed if it isn't City's again, even with De Bruyne winding down a bit. They just have the experience now and knowhow to get it done.

Most teams now fight for second.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Actually rooting for Liverpool to win the league this season. Heck would even take Man Utd even though that's unlikely :lol:

Watching City's boring ass football, unlimited money and Pep being a smug ass hypocrite have gotten tiring now. As for Arsenal then watching them get close and flop is too funny for me to want it to stop.

delancey

Come on! The best indicator of future performance is past performance. There is no reason to believe that United, under ETH, will do any better in 24/25.

All of that money spent and all ETH could do was finish 8th last season, 31 points behind Manchester City. May as well have held onto OGS.

But I’m not complaining. Looking forward to another shit show next season. 👍😁

Edit: icing on the cake would be if Man U hire Southgate. :lol:

Last edited:

Birdy

Come on! The best indicator of future performance is past performance. There is no reason to believe that United, under ETH, will do any better in 24/25.

All of that money spent and all ETH could do was finish 8th last season, 31 points behind Manchester City. May as well have held onto OGS.

But I’m not complaining. Looking forward to another shit show next season. 👍😁

Edit: icing on the cake would be if Man U hire Southgate. :lol:

Past performance was also the 22/23 season where UTD were great under ETH
Long-terms processes are not linear

Maradona37

Actually rooting for Liverpool to win the league this season. Heck would even take Man Utd even though that's unlikely :lol:

Watching City's boring ass football, unlimited money and Pep being a smug ass hypocrite have gotten tiring now. As for Arsenal then watching them get close and flop is too funny for me to want it to stop.
I hate Man United but it does get boring seeing City or any team win the title every season, yeah. It is what put me off watching Serie A and Bundesliga for a long time.

It's kinda in opposition to the post I made in the Olympics thread, about second still being a big achievement. It is, but you want competition, and Bayern, Juve and now Man City are and were so good for a long time that it eradicated any threat to them.

Home of Barca Fans