Manchester United

Banana-Rama

i am shocked, such a sad day, will never see his like again, it is because of him that united are such a huge club today,will take a while to sink in :cry:

SEvolution

Idk the problem with the footy fans nowadays. If you want fill a void *look at Dortmund* they are for sale

Come'on man they are one of the honorable institute of European football with a good history. Show some respect ffs!

SEvolution

913064_10201037738524368_53332653_n.jpg

SEvolution

Sky Sports News: United will announce Sir Alex’s replacement within the next 48 hours.

David Moyes from one scot to another.

DucdeOrléans

Absolute legend. Despite not me liking Man Utd as a club I have immense respect for what he built up at that club. All largely thanks to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Since I can remember following football, Ferguson has been synonymous with Manchester United. He has always been there. Mostly delivering. He has been a personality that has divided people, much like Mourinho does and other winners and strong characters but that is exactly why I like him.

I have to give him immense credit for what he archived and most importantly his longevity at the same club.

He might "only" have won 2 Cl-titles during his nearly 27 year old tenure but that is probably the only thing that you can criticize him for - sporting wise.

I also always admired his ability to rebuilt the team and for trusting the youth.

Well, and what's not to like about such Scots? Would love to have a drink with him.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I'd be more worried if Klopp took over at Man U than Mourinho.

It's going to be a lot of LOLZ if Moyes takes over, so I hope that happens :D and it so I hope his success also continues :D

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Pellegrini would be a good choice, but not sure how much English he speaks or if he'd be able to command the necessary respect

DucdeOrléans

I'd be more worried if Klopp took over at Man U than Mourinho.

It's going to be a lot of LOLZ if Moyes takes over, so I hope that happens :D and it so I hope his success also continues :D

Is Moyes really such a bad choice? I don't follow PL that much (did more before) and especially not Everton but he is constantly being praised for his work at Everton despite a barren economy. He is a Scot, has PL experience, has proved his longevity and have rebuilt teams at Everton and made relatively good transfers.

Unlike Mourinho and other high-profile managers he would probably also be willing to stay for a significant time period.

Anyway I would like to hear what our resident Man Utd fans say about all this once today's shock settles:troll:

Kerrybai

One of the best managers I have ever known. I followed United as a kid from about 1998 to 2004.

That 6 year period was less than a 1/4 of Fergie's tenure yet he brought enough success in that period alone to be considered a legend.

I will never forget some of the moments during that period. The 1999 CL final at the Camp Nou was arguably the greatest finish to a European final in history, and to think just a month before United had an incredible 3-2 victory away to Juventus. It was also the season of the 2 3-3 draws with Barcelona. In my opinion it was one of the finest seasons of any English club in Europe and the treble was completed with a league title and FA cup.

I think Fergie will be known as the comeback king. I don't think there is any team in the world that has had as many last minute goals as United.

Here are some highlights from that historic treble season which Fergie will be best remembered for.

A season review, 6:26, 'full speed ahead Barcelona.'
The 1999 CL final. 2-1 United with 2 goals in injury time.

Fa cup semi final replay vs Arsenal, Keane red card, penalty save, Beckham and Bergkamp... and then Giggs running past 5 arsenal plays and scoring his greatest ever goal ( hairy chest )

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Is Moyes really such a bad choice? I don't follow PL that much (did more before) and especially not Everton but he is constantly being praised for his work at Everton despite a barren economy. He is a Scot, has PL experience, has proved his longevity and have rebuilt teams at Everton and made relatively good transfers.

Unlike Mourinho and other high-profile managers he would probably also be willing to stay for a significant time period.

Anyway I would like to hear what our resident Man Utd fans say about all this once today's shock settles:troll:

Well 40 odd games against the traditional big 4 away from home and zero victories.

Swansea, Birmingham, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth have all won trophies with worse resources than Moyes has had at Everton.

He plays dour football and is a big game bottler.

Home of Barca Fans