Manchester United

Horatio

You're welcome
Since De ligt scored the winner against Juve in 2019 i dont like him

good kid though, slow for a CB but in 1vs1 he has a very good instinct

He’s not that slow, but he lacks mobility. In dutch you say he has the “turning circle of a tank”. And ultimately Man U aims to play high line. So don’t know how pans out.

He is much better on ball than players who he is replacing tho.

Quite overrated imo but Bayern fans are positive about him if you ask them. Haven’t watched him at all there tbf except for Real - Bayern which the Korean player botched.
Ah he did score legitimate goal
that got turned down in weird way for offside.

Maradona37

I see you posted this this morning.

That was round 2. The lad ensnared me in his trap in the Raphinha thread yesterday afternoon and just wouldn't let go. I must have spent a cumulative six hours arguing with him over this thread and that. Never again, fuck that - life is too short to waste on someone like him.

The thing is I have been in this situation with many characters I have debated with and been bemused by their opinions and lines of argument on football. But generally they had one thing in common - they addressed MOST of my points, albeit poorly often. Jammy is different. He just ignored most of what I said, repeated his same stuff ad infinitum in his clear patterns and processes, and labelled points 'awful' when unable to refute them, as if that automatically meant he had actually argued against them.

Between that and the sheer reliance of the opinions of the coaches he knows at local nobody clubs, referring to them as if they're Guardiola, I was rather baffled by how he debated.

All those other people I debated with ended up bowing out after a heated exchange. But this guy can't be beaten in stamina. Like I say, I suspect he is autistic and this means he can go on and on and on and on without getting flustered or angry or questioning his own opinion. Hence, he can't be beaten in terms of 'having the last word'.

From now on I will make one-line comments to him when I think he's talking bollocks. Best way to deal with characters like him - not give him the attention he's clearly craving - the trap I fell into yesterday daftly.

Going out now but he will likely respond to this. My overall takeaway from yesterday is that this guy is unique and left me exasperated and scratching my head in a way no guy on a forum EVER has. I genuinely believe he would argue night is day if the mood struck him.

Maradona37

In dutch you say he has the “turning circle of a tank”.
That's the thing that stands out the most about him - turns like the QE 2. Seen a few horror stories about him and seen him have some awful games (worst game I saw him have was against Czechs at Euro 2020, a real horror show) but United fans seem delighted to have signed him just...because? Oh and because some Bayern fans wanted to keep him and they're the oracle obviously. 'Bayern fans wanted to keep him so he's obviously class!'. What a weak point. No analysis of him as a player, but Bayern casuals wanted to keep him.

The guy seems like a classic hype job like other players in this Gen Z world. Rated the most by FIFA players and people who judge players by three minute YouTube videos. I have seen him enough in full 90min games to know he's not that good and has regressed massively since the Ajax days, and there's a high chance it ends in disaster.

Ultimately he's been turfed out of two massive clubs, high wages or not. And then you have Man United fans saying 'he's the best defender in the league' before he's even kicked a ball in said league. Shooting their spunk way too early as always. And also apparently better than van Dijk, despite having nowhere near the body of work Virgil does (and never will) and being his bench player at the Euros.

United fans are a special breed. Their spin for new players is legendary. It's like how they didn't give a fuck who Sander Berge was two weeks ago, but the moment they were linked with him, out came the mental gymnastics and amateur tacticians with videos about his 'attributes' about how he's a great player. They're so so desperate to be back. I pity them.

Let's be honest, none of this De Ligt raving from the is grounded in how they REALLY feel about the player. It's based on their blind hope he helps make the club successful again. For other fans to be right that he's not that good means Man United have signed another dud and aren't actually back, and we can't have that now can we?

I have no doubt if he signed for Liverpool the copers would be saying he's shite and agreeing with everything I have written above.

Football is just tribalism now. Hype our own players and criticise everyone else's. Man United fans are the worst for this.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He’s not that slow, but he lacks mobility. In dutch you say he has the “turning circle of a tank”. And ultimately Man U aims to play high line. So don’t know how pans out.

He is much better on ball than players who he is replacing tho.

Quite overrated imo but Bayern fans are positive about him if you ask them. Haven’t watched him at all there tbf except for Real - Bayern which the Korean player botched.
Ah he did score legitimate goal
that got turned down in weird way for offside.

yeah tank is a good word for him lol

ive seen him at Juve and he had a lot of good actions but then made 1 mistake and in interet ppl were only discussing about his mistake

overall good defender but i think most guys thought he will be a top3 defender after his Ajax time :thinking:

Loki

That was round 2. The lad ensnared me in his trap in the Raphinha thread yesterday afternoon and just wouldn't let go. I must have spent a cumulative six hours arguing with him over this thread and that. Never again, fuck that - life is too short to waste on someone like him.
Damn, I'm amazed someone would even spent one hour, but 6 is insane. Don't waste your time, it's not worth it.

Maradona37

Damn, I'm amazed someone would even spent one hour, but 6 is insane. Don't waste your time, it's not worth it.
The general consensus does seem to be the guy is 'special'. Everyone has said that to me. 'Unique' is a word that came up a lot.

He seemed fairly normal at first, though I noticed his repetitive ticks and structure of his posts. But the more I see from him, the more I think he's autistic for sure, and maybe more.

Not that there's anything wrong with being autistic. But it's noticeable when someone is. I knew he had a reputation on here though. It makes sense now.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The general consensus does seem to be the guy is 'special'. Everyone has said that to me. 'Unique' is a word that came up a lot.

He seemed fairly normal at first, though I noticed his repetitive ticks and structure of his posts. But the more I see from him, the more I think he's autistic for sure, and maybe more.

Not that there's anything wrong with being autistic. But it's noticeable when someone is.

so 5th place or 5-8th place :pique: just a joke :ROFLMAO:

Home of Barca Fans