Manchester United

Maradona37

Ok don’t fret. Also don’t care much for United. Just think they’ll be better this season based on what have seen and players let go and attracted. But won’t win league and don’t care. Just would like Ten Hag to be remembered as having done decent job. Same for Slot.
Yeah because you are Dutch and you have an interest in them doing well due to that.

They might do well, but what you want to see happen and what will likely happen are two different things. They've been an embarrassment for over 10 years yet lads in here think they're on a 'positive trajectory' after finishing 8th, signing some rejects, and not kicking a competitive ball yet. Funny stuff.

Heard the same last season when clowns were mocking me for saying it would all fall apart. The argument was they finished third and would challenge for the title. Who was right though?

Likr the Arsenal fans dunces who laughed at me for saying one off cup games are totally different to league football and Bayern would eliminate Arsenal. Right again, and rubbed it right into them. Funnily enough they never replied back.

Maradona37

Again, I am really curious what it is you have 'seen' to think they'll do better, or well?

Because, as far as I am aware, they finished 8th last season, won a cup final after defending for the entire second half in a low block, played averagely in pre-season, then lost a Community Shield after playing their usual hoof it into the channels in the second half. That's how they get the majority of their chances. They were better in the first to be fair.

And signed a couple of Bayern rejects, a nothing player in Zirkzee and a promising young CB who's already injured.

Usually it makes sense to wait to see a few competitive games in the league to declare a mid-table team 'back', but not for you apparently.

Nice work.

Maradona37

The future.. only god knows.

Will be a good watch regardless.

Its a funny old game.
The point is nobody has said it's beyond the realms of possibility they will improve.

The point is people in here are gaslighting me into thinking it's a nonsensical point for me to say a club that's struggled for a decade (widely acknowledged by all in football) will continue to struggle.

Where does this confidence in them come from? To the point you antagonise guys like me who believe what the majority do ie they will miss out on CL.

Don't believe me? Look at opta models, bookies etc, most forecase them as 6th. But I say it and get a lot of grief for it.

JamDav1982

The point is nobody has said it's beyond the realms of possibility they will improve.

The point is people in here are gaslighting me into thinking it's a nonsensical point for me to say a club that's struggled for a decade (widely acknowledged by all in football) will continue to struggle.

Where does this confidence in them come from? To the point you antagonise guys like me who believe what the majority do ie they will miss out on CL.

Don't believe me? Look at opta models, bookies etc, most forecase them as 6th. But I say it and get a lot of grief for it.

I mean this is fake news and you again kicked it off then squeal about being 'antagonised'.

But have at it.

Maradona37

I mean this is fake news and you again kicked it off then squeal about being 'antagonised'.

But have at it.
No it's true.

You have constantly slagged me off for saying they'll struggle. When many people believe they will and based on past performance that's the most likely outcome.

I think Horatio secretly wants them to do well because of his misplaced patriotism and following anyone who has Dutch players/managers. As for you, it's pretty clear that United are likely your English 'team'. Hence your rosy, positive spins on them.

JamDav1982

No it's true.

You have constantly slagged me off for saying they'll struggle. When many people believe they will and based on past performance that's the most likely outcome.

I think Horatio secretly wants them to do well because of his misplaced patriotism and following anyone who has Dutch players/managers. As for you, it's pretty clear that United are likely your English 'team'. Hence your rosy, positive spins on them.

Ok.

ajnotkeith

I think he doesn't disagree with you that much and neither did I. I think the prediction of 5th and 6th is pretty fair considering they came 8th last season. They aren't close to City or Arsenal in league terms at the moment and likely worse than Liverpool, so they would fight for the 4th place along with the other teams such as Tottenham and Chelsea.

The difference is the perception and whether you think finishing 5th or fighting for top4 is positive or not. I think it is positive as long as they're trying to institutionally change and build foundations for the future, you also keep saying how they fluked an FA Cup but in reality major finals are often won by teams who spend a lot of time defending and that doesn't mean it was a fluke. Where you disagree is that you think defensive football doesn't win leagues which I agree it usually doesn't, but it can win cups, and Ten Hag has shown he's a good cup manager so far at the least.

I think their counter attacking style is always going to limit them from contending for the league but they could still finish 4th and have a good performance in cups this season. I would say 5th-7th is most likely and probably where most will predict them to finish, but internally they will be aiming for 4th as the other similar clubs are such as Tottenham.

Maradona37

Off topic..or on topic.

One of mates uncles played for Man Utd.
So?

What do you want, a fucking medal?

Is this the 'qualified person' you keep referring to - some clown who was a benchwarmer for United or one of their donkeys in the 80s. Was it Gary Birtles?

JamDav1982

So?

What do you want, a fucking medal?

Is this the 'qualified person' you keep referring to - some clown who was a benchwarmer for United or one of their donkeys in the 80s. Was it Gary Birtles?

Aye a medal would be decent.

Not anyone referring to. Have spoke to him about football and he has proven his knowledge in game. But not one refer to.

Home of Barca Fans