Manchester United

Jenks

936866_652675251425079_1573695420_n.jpg

Jenks

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires.

Somewhere, there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left.

khaled_a_d

Damn ,the guy has been coaching Manu b4 I was even born :wub:
EPL will never be the same w/o him

WHO CARES! stability is overrated! many teams have had success with changing managers all the time! i dont know why United are so obsessed to have a new manager who will stay for a long time!

Most of those teams spend way more than him
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJltm8_CIAA3jDA.jpg:large

If I remember correctly ,other than Veron ,I think every other big signing he made has been success
Been able to get a lot of young players and develop them into superstars
Also remember this:eek:ther than Liverpool ,no other team has won more EPL than him (Arsenal won 13 like SAF) ,in the last 21 years lost 2 consecutive leagues once ,I mean even Bayern wasn't that dominant in his league ,he also hasn't finished worse than 3rd in the same 21 years

Andrew M

Damn ,the guy has been coaching Manu b4 I was even born :wub:
EPL will never be the same w/o him

Most of those teams spend way more than him
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJltm8_CIAA3jDA.jpg:large

If I remember correctly ,other than Veron ,I think every other big signing he made has been success
Been able to get a lot of young players and develop them into superstars
Also remember this:eek:ther than Liverpool ,no other team has won more EPL than him (Arsenal won 13 like SAF) ,in the last 21 years lost 2 consecutive leagues once ,I mean even Bayern wasn't that dominant in his league ,he also hasn't finished worse than 3rd in the same 21 years

Berbatov at 30 mill?

Ashley Young at 17 mill?

Anderson at 15 mill?

Saha at 12-13 mill?

Kerrybai

Berbatov at 30 mill?

Ashley Young at 17 mill?

Anderson at 15 mill?

Saha at 12-13 mill?

Every manager has bad signings :pep: But in the context of his 27 years Fergie has done well. Berbatov, Veron etc not great signings but I think his good signings far out way his poor signings, Cantona, Keane, Ronaldo etc

I'll add a few more good big signings.

Kagawa - 17k
Phil Jones - 17k
De Gea - 19k
Van Persie 22k
Valencia - 16k ( not great but not horrible either )
Nani - 13.5k
Carrick - 18.6k
Van der sar - 2k ( bargain )
Vidic - 7k
Evra - 5.5k
Rooney - 27k
Ferdinand - 27k
RVN - 19k
Yorke - 12k
Stam - 10k
Sheringham - 3.5k
Cole - 7k

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

:lol:

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires.

Somewhere, there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left.

:lol:

What's next? A united Ireland and Scottish independence? (Ferguson might like the latter):troll:

Still can't believe that he quit today.

For those interested:

SIR ALEX FERGUSON
Wednesday's 5 live Sport is a three-and-a-half-hour Sir Alex Ferguson retirement special with Mark Chapman. The programme will feature Ferguson's former assistant Steve McClaren and Wigan chairman Dave Whelan, who stated 12 months ago that Ferguson would retire in 2013.

It will also examine the search for a successor, a United fans forum and Sir Alex the man, featuring people who know him well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/

The program starts at 19.00 PM local time. (UTC+0)

Ferguson and FCB:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/los-lazos-que-ligan-ferguson-con-barca-2385308
"El Barça es el mejor equipo que he visto nunca". Gracias y hasta siempre, Sir Alex.

:worthy:

Last edited:

Andrew M

Every manager has bad signings :pep: But in the context of his 27 years Fergie has done well. Berbatov, Veron etc not great signings but I think his good signings far out way his poor signings, Cantona, Keane, Ronaldo etc

Yeah, of course. Just Khaled said only one failed signing is all

SEvolution

I'll add a few more good big signings.

Kagawa - 17k
Phil Jones - 17k
De Gea - 19k
Van Persie 22k
Valencia - 16k ( not great but not horrible either )
Nani - 13.5k
Carrick - 18.6k
Van der sar - 2k ( bargain )
Vidic - 7k
Evra - 5.5k
Rooney - 27k
Ferdinand - 27k
RVN - 19k
Yorke - 12k
Stam - 10k
Sheringham - 3.5k
Cole - 7k

Perfect post mate but isn't it 'mio' instead of 'k'?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Damn, what sad news. I was looking forward to him potentially duelling with Mourinho next season. A lot of people don't like United, and/or Ferguson, but admittedly I'm sad to see him go. He made the Prem more interesting and the success he's had is unrivaled. Magnificent manager and it seems all the way to the end he was a winner and nobody really got the better of him

All the best Sir Alex, you will be missed.

Whether or not Moyes can do a good job remains to be seen, but he deserves a big job, I was willing to have him at Chelsea even. The EPL will be very interesting next season, but if a team other than United win the title it'll feel a little bit less earned(can't think of the right way to phrase it). Klopp would be a good choice but I guess United are going for an EPL proven manager. Hopefully not Mourinho!

Home of Barca Fans