Marc Bartra

H

Haruko The Goon

Anyone give me the lowdown on this youngster? Looks a talent, what are some of your thoughts on him?

Good looking guy lol

serghei

And the last man that I would blame for that loss is Bartra.

If we would take into consideration the mistakes that Mascherano has done this season, he shouldn't even be on Barca's bench. And thank God that Pep didn't think like you because otherwise who knows where Busquets would be right now.

Sure, a central defender is the last one to blame in a 0-4 loss. And let's get something straight, Bartra is no Busquets. I'm surprised you even suggested this comparison. He's had several nice games against medium level teams and that's about it. He still has things to improve and experience to gain. Until then, he is a talented young player, but untested in the big fights. You don't teach a man to swim by throwing him directly into the ocean, 'cause he'll probably drown. You take it step by step to carefully build his confidence. Only then you see if he's got what it takes to be an elite centre-back. Javier Mascherano, while maybe in a bad form, has played a couple of great games at CB for Barcelona. People forget that.

Maria

People also forget how Mascherano played against Chelsea..or that we had a far better midfield in Busi's first season with Barca than the defense we have right now. So if Bartra is not to be trusted now(when Puyol is constantly injured, Mascherano makes mistake after mistake and Pique spends the night before a crucial game for Barca partying), I don't know when he will be.
And no, I don't think that Bartra will ever be as good as Busi, but I do believe that if we give him 5 consecutive games he can be better than Mascherano..and in the end that's all that matters.

Duke

Now I hope Bartra go and sign for Madrid since they have more faith in their youngsters now days and our management not giving him a chance he deserve! beside, Bartra's contract is over in about 6 months and no one is even mentioning this. I think we might end up losing him like we lost Thiago then we will see a real meltdown in this forum!

People also forget how Mascherano played against Chelsea..or that we had a far better midfield in Busi's first season with Barca than the defense we have right now. So if Bartra is not to be trusted now(when Puyol is constantly injured, Mascherano makes mistake after mistake and Pique spends the night before a crucial game for Barca partying), I don't know when he will be.
And no, I don't think that Bartra will ever be as good as Busi, but I do believe that if we give him 5 consecutive games he can be better than Mascherano..and in the end that's all that matters.

This. Unlike Bartra vs Bayern, Masch single handedly lost us the tie against Chelsea.

F

Flavia

Now I hope Bartra go and sign for Madrid since they have more faith in their youngsters now days and our management not giving him a chance he deserve! beside, Bartra's contract is over in about 6 months and no one is even mentioning this. I think we might end up losing him like we lost Thiago then we will see a real meltdown in this forum!
:lol:
yeah, they surely do :rolleyes:

xavi_the_Boss

This. Unlike Bartra vs Bayern, Masch single handedly lost us the tie against Chelsea.

Not really.We had enough chances to end the tie and they also played with 10 men.If Messi would have scored that Penalty we would have probably gone through.
Of course he was at fault for 2 Goals but to say he single handedly lost us the tie is not true.

zanela

Making sure his release clause stays high. :pep:

Anyway, Bartra's minutes isn't Tata's fault. He has to play Mascherano. What else does he have? When he arrived he found himself with a 35 year old semi retiree and a 22 year old rookie with a handful of first division football experience. He can't just throw Mascherano to the side now based on a few good performances from Bartra and completely bank on Bartra to be his first choice who will defend Agüero in 2 months. Bartra is not near ready yet. Puyol correcting him every game in basics is a good indicator.

And what happens if Masch's injured just before the City game? Restricting Bartra's game time to easy fixtures, and giving him a random start, isn't affording him the platform, or the preparation required, to enable him to cover the position adequately in matches of high importance. And I don't think anyone's suggesting Masch be thrown on the side, only calling for a fair distribution of mins.

Not really.We had enough chances to end the tie and they also played with 10 men.If Messi would have scored that Penalty we would have probably gone through.
Of course he was at fault for 2 Goals but to say he single handedly lost us the tie is not true.

He was responsible for the Ramires goal. I agree there are other reasons we didn't go through (like not finishing a million chances), but if Masch didn't make that mistake, we would have gone through. He was definitely more responsible for the loss against Chelsea than Bartra was for the loss against Bayern.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
And what happens if Masch's injured just before the City game? Restricting Bartra's game time to easy fixtures, and giving him a random start, isn't affording him the platform, or the preparation required, to enable him to cover the position adequately in matches of high importance. And I don't think anyone's suggesting Masch be thrown on the side, only calling for a fair distribution of mins.

There is a fair distribution of minutes. Both Bartra and Mascherano have played the same number of games. Mascherano has started more, so he has a small edge in minutes.

I am of the people that absolutely dislike Mascherano as a CB. I've said it for the longest time, even when many here were adamant that Mascherano was our best CB. However, this is the hand that has been dealt to Tata. He was given a CB group that consisted of an out-of-form overrated Pique, a washed-up injured Puyol, a CDM turned CB in Mascherano and a young inexperience kid in Bartra. He has rotated these players to the best of his ability, and while I would like Bartra to play more minutes than Mascherano, I cannot blame him if he sides a little more often with experience over youth.

Bartra is getting minutes, and that is what matters.

On that note, people love to whine and complain, but Tata has rotated the team very well this half of the season.

The Observer

It's not as if Bartra isn't playing, is it? He's just started against Villarreal a couple of days ago. Apart from the 2 Madrid clubs, there aren't any stronger opponents in La Liga. Yet people go in total meltdown mode whenever Bartra isn't starting, basically implying that Mascherano should be completely thrown away at this point. Which is what Tata isn't doing because we'll need him. Like it or not, we don't have anything better right now.

we had a far better midfield in Busi's first season with Barca than the defense we have right now.

And that's exactly why Guardiola could get away throwing young Busquets into the lions. He had prime Xaviesta infront and Alves-Pique-Puyol-Abidal behind him to cover for Busquets' inexperience. Tata doesn't have this luxury with Bartra. The backline now is under a lot more pressure than the midfield was when Busquets broke through. Grooming a young defender in an already unstable defensive line is exponentially harder than grooming a midfielder in the most dominant midfield in modern football history.

serghei

Bartra and Pique have both been better than Masch this season.

True, but Bartra played in lesser games. Opposition counts a lot too. And the season is not even half over. There's plenty of time for comebacks. We'll draw the line in may and see where we go from there.

Home of Barca Fans