Marc Bartra

L

linetty

Bartra: "I'm calm about my renewal. The main thing is to keep the motivation. It'd be an honour to reach the records of Pique and Puyol."
Bartra: "Leaving the pitch before final whistle? I'm fine, had a little pull, preferred to leave. Will have tests, don't think it's bad."

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Bartra: "Leaving the pitch before final whistle? I'm fine, had a little pull, preferred to leave. Will have tests, don't think it's bad."

Looks like it wasn't just cramp, although a pull isn't as bad as a tear, should only be out for a week or so.

F

Flavia

“I'm starting to feel important,” says Marc Bartra

www.fcbarcelona.com
01/06/2014 11:00

The center back is pleased with how the season has progressed so far but he's aware that he must keep on working in order to take advantage of the opportunities the manager gives him

"I'd like to win titles in 2014. We have to be ambitious. What's good for the team is good for the individual"

2014-01-05_BARCELONA-ELCHE_45.v1388947067.JPG

Marc Bartra is becoming a usual fixture in Tata Martino’s starting teams this season. “Things are working out,” said the center back, “but I know that I have to continue working in order to take advantage of the opportunities the manager gives me.” He added: “I’m starting to feel important, more a part of the team. Tata isn’t afraid to send me into a game. It’s better for the team to have a lot of players playing at a high level.”

Bartra, who was interviewed on Barça TV’s El Marcador by Oriol Rosell, went on to highlight the team’s eagerness to win: “It was important to have a strong start to the year. We’ve managed to navigate this time without Valdés and Messi. We haven’t lost our eagerness to win and that’s good for everyone.”
Intensity and titles

“Intensity is the key, when we have the ball and when we have to win possession back,” said Bartra. “Our rivals usually hold out in the first half, but in the second they usually give us more space.” The defender explained that he left the pitch before full time against Elche as a precaution, and that he’s available for selection should Martino need him for next weekend’s match against Atlético Madrid: “I have good memories from the Vicente Calderón. It would be a privilege to play again, to do what I can to help the team.”

Lastly, when asked about his wishes for 2014, Bartra said, “in addition to staying healthy, I’d like to win titles. We have to be ambitious, thinking always about the group. What’s good for the team is good for the individual.”

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
The defender explained that he left the pitch before full time against Elche as a precaution, and that he’s available for selection should Martino need him for next weekend’s match against Atlético Madrid: “I have good memories from the Vicente Calderón. It would be a privilege to play again, to do what I can to help the team.”
The best thing in the whole interview

Irish_Cules

A couple of Spanish football journos are sepculating that Batra being rested for the Copa hints that he might start against Atletico. I'm not so optimistic but who knows....

CatalinR10

Line-up used on training today: Valdes - Alves Pique Mascherano Alba - Xavi Busquets Iniesta - Alexis Cesc Pedro #fcblive [rac1]

:mou:

Home of Barca Fans