Marc Bartra

L

linetty

Ya, he was shit like most days
Shit? Like most days? Do you even watch the games?! He was very solid and our backline was missing Alba badly...and the goal was Adriano's fault, who looks like a child lost in the woods when defending...

He was better against ATM but so was everyone else.

CatalinR10

BkekWhqIcAA5UN8.jpg

barcanuck

Bartra has been very good especially along side Masche and Puyol this year. I just don't like when he passes it to Pinto in deep.

Zangash

Banned
Bartra has been very good especially along side Masche and Puyol this year. I just don't like when he passes it to Pinto in deep.

Generally speaking, it seems like a bad idea to pass to Pinto at all. Heart attacks all night long against Atletico for no real reason.

I'm hoping that this stretch of games Bartra is bound to get will solidify his spot in our back line. Imo a lot of our issues and situations of laughable defending could have been rectified by using him more often.

Ursegor

World Champion
I think we're being too harsh on him in my opinion, because i barely missed Pique today due to his solid performance. What you have to understand is the way we play provoakes so many movements from players as they try to cover eachother constantly and play a fluid game, I can never blame a defender in our team for dropping to the right due to alves bombing forward. Whenever that happens Sergio B. usally drops in the CB position which means we are not missing someone, there's always gonna be that occasional attack that slips by and we conceed but it'd be unfair to put all blame on him.

As for center backs stepping out and dribbling with the ball it seems a part of Martino's tactics which Tito or Pep would never allow, it's harmless so far and sometimes it gets attacks started which is a positive. Also they occasional come out so high up the pitch and stiffle our opponent's target man when recieving which is quite effective also.

In short i believe Bartra held up his own today and should continue improving..

Do you think so? IMO it's the opposite. A couple of glimpses and fans called him Barca's best centerback and wanted him to be a starter.

Pay attention to Bartra in the first 15 seconds. He has no business moving in those areas. Busquets even has a go at him yet for the Betis goal he was similarly out of position (not the sole culprit but an error nevertheless which matters when evaluating his individual performance). Nothing to do with our playing style. The only thing Barca's style exposes and which I can forgive is leaving space behind and CBs not being able to recover in time. It's still possible to play proper defense in Barca's setup, this can't be an excuse.

In the same video, beginning at 0:37, you can see Bartra struggling again, this time defending 1 vs. 1. He had a couple more moments like that, some bad touches, too. Yet people call this a "good performance". This is exactly how Pique got hyped up to "Piquenbauer" levels in his first season only for people to bash the shit out of him in the following years because his performances didn't match the overhype at all times.

Galning

Do you have a video for his performance against Atlético too?

He had a good performance, whether you like it or not. He wasn't great but it wasn't a bad game either. He struggled in some situations? Wow, what a shocker. Imagine we called out our strikers everytime they missed a dribble, played a bad pass or missed a chance. Defenders make mistakes too you know.
The first 15 seconds he put pressure high up the pitch, something most members want to see more, forcing the defender to pass the ball backwards and the next one to hoof it. Luckily for him, it falls to one of his teammates. This would've been a good play if Betis weren't so lucky. The only mistake he made was when he tried to dribble the attacker in the second phase of that situation instead of passing it backwards. And that was probably why Busquets looked a bit mad.

How is the move at 0:37 struggling 1 v 1? He made a mistake in thinking he could recover the ball, missed, and used his pace to make up for it. In the end the attacker had to cut back, did it badly & Busquets was able to recover. If that's considered bad defending then I don't know what superhuman defenders you are used of watching.

Taking into consideration that this was his first start in God knows how long as well.. but yeah, shame on the fans who are giving one of our own canteranos a break.

jamrock

Ursegor and his out of context stats and videos are always funny.

@0:37 all i saw was wonderful recovery pace.

but yeah lets post irrelevant video clips to make a point.

he has a good game, nothing more or less.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Do you have a video for his performance against Atlético too?

I don't see why this is relevant for the praise he has received for his Betis performance which I'm commenting on.

He had a good performance, whether you like it or not.

He really didn't, whether I like it or not.

Imagine we called out our strikers everytime they missed a dribble, played a bad pass or missed a chance. Defenders make mistakes too you know.

Yes, I know. But usually people don't call it a "good performance" when they do.

The first 15 seconds he put pressure high up the pitch, something most members want to see more, forcing the defender to pass the ball backwards and the next one to hoof it.

lol I want to see Barca applying a proper pressing game, not the Barca centerback pressing in the right wing position.

How is the move at 0:37 struggling 1 v 1? He made a mistake in thinking he could recover the ball, missed, and used his pace to make up for it. In the end the attacker had to cut back, did it badly & Busquets was able to recover. If that's considered bad defending then I don't know what superhuman defenders you are used of watching.

Taking into consideration that this was his first start in God knows how long as well.. but yeah, shame on the fans who are giving one of our own canteranos a break.

How is it not struggling 1 vs. 1? He rushes at the attacker who easily gets goalside of him in a single motion. Only reason Betis can't profit from that situation is because they don't get enough numbers forward like any elite team would.

jlnrc6c3.png

No one there except 1 guy on the far right. Elite teams will not transition so slowy in attack and leave the entire red zone empty but against Betis the situation can be recovered easily because the guy with the ball has no options at all until Bartra catches him.

I don't know why you are so defensive tbh. I didn't even rubbish Bartra in general. Merely commented on his last performance, canterano or not.

jamrock

in a position like that the attacker almost always turns the defender, he has the better position and momentum, if a had the time to make a non point with a youtube clip, i would find one of every top defender getting turn like that in a game, at some point or the other.

CatalinR10

Bartra: "Who shouts more, Mascherano, Pique or Puyol? Mascherano and Puyol. With Pique, we look at each other and a gesture is enough" [elp]

Home of Barca Fans