Marc Bartra

CatalinR10

Bartra, who has a thigh muscle injury, won't be available for the cup final. Puyol, recovering from a knee injury, has offered to play. [as]

aaron101

Bartra, who has a thigh muscle injury, won't be available for the cup final. Puyol, recovering from a knee injury, has offered to play. [as]

OMG, what happened to the one of the richest, best, and most popular club in the world? We only have Masch as a CB and he's not even a CB. This club is ruined.

Even the midtable teams have more CBs than us!

Trickykid

OMG, what happened to the one of the richest, best, and most popular club in the world? We only have Masch as a CB and he's not even a CB. This club is ruined.

:lol:

EVERYBODY PANIC!

But seriously, yeah, we have a huge problem in our central defense, everybody can see that, but how do you think Real Madrid's defense, for example, would look like without 3 of their regular cbs? Our central defense IS inadequate, but right now it's also a question of seriously bad luck on our part.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, if Puyol is not ready then we have atleast have Abidal who can fill in the role instead of Busi or Song.

Oh wait..... We dont. This is the reason on why we could have used him, but no....

Trickykid

Well, if Puyol is not ready then we have atleast have Abidal who can fill in the role instead of Busi or Song.

Oh wait..... We dont. This is the reason on why we could have used him, but no....

Yeah, I bet Abidal would have relished sitting on the bench being 3rd or 4th choice here, especially considering he's got WC ambitions.
No, this is a situation for when you should call upon b-team players, not established stars.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, I bet Abidal would have relished sitting on the bench being 3rd or 4th choice here, especially considering he's got WC ambitions.
No, this is a situation for when you should call upon b-team players, not established stars.

Think he would managed a fair bit of games. And we know how likely to happen that is....

Trickykid

Think he would managed a fair bit of games. And we know how likely to happen that is....

I really don't think it would've been that many, especially seeing how he's doing at Monaco. He probably wouldn't have started much ahead of Masch, let alone Piqué. Then there's Bartra. If he had taken his minutes, the fans would've whined because of that, no doubt. I honestly don't think our number of CBs has been anything out of the ordinary - with the exception of Puyol, where most fans would've argued that he could face another injury riddled season. Our board of geniuses obviously didn't agree with that assessment, though.
Yeah, picking b-team players isn't likely these days, but it doesn't change the fact that it should be the solution above having established stars rotting away on the bench.

Maria

:lol:

EVERYBODY PANIC!

But seriously, yeah, we have a huge problem in our central defense, everybody can see that, but how do you think Real Madrid's defense, for example, would look like without 3 of their regular cbs? Our central defense IS inadequate, but right now it's also a question of seriously bad luck on our part.

In Puyol's case there is no bad luck involved. His body just can't take it anymore, just like Milito.

Also in the last 3 years we had Pique injured in April, then Mascherano injured in April and now Pique&Bartra injured at the same time in April. So as far as I'm concerned the only bad luck we had was that of Bartra.

ryuken

Zubi the bastard and this board happened

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trickykid

In Puyol's case there is no bad luck involved. His body just can't take it anymore, just like Milito.

Also in the last 3 years we had Pique injured in April, then Mascherano injured in April and now Pique&Bartra injured at the same time in April. So as far as I'm concerned the only bad luck we had was that of Bartra.

I know our defenders have a history of injuries, which is exactly why I argued that we should've found a replacement for Puyol in my post prior to this one. With one new, stable cb from last summer, I don't think the problem would've been what it is.

But no, some people are in all seriousness claiming that our club is ruined... :lol:

Home of Barca Fans