Marc Bartra

M

Messi4life

Exactly, people are thinking about Varane and Marquinhos, it's like every defender should be superb when he is 19 yrs and even Varane and Marquinhos are now spending a lot of time on the bench.

The big difference, and I think you are well aware, is that Ramos and Pepe are among the best at their positions. Failing to outrank any of them as 21-year-old does not mean you are not a super talent.

Failing to compete Mascherano age of 23 ...... yes, then you are no super talent, however much you want it.

Moreover, Varane a pretty nasty knee injury. Before that, he was totally dominant in El Clasico. Bartra showed heart.

But absolutely. Would you / you think that Bartra is an upcoming superstar so okay. That would be perfect. Barcelona do not even need to buy a new center-back, so that all the nagging about, he already exist. Peeeeeeeeerfekt.

L

linetty

BlYqHrlCMAAQFu7.jpg:large

Egert

Estonian Culé
I hope he will get a lot of playing time next season. He will be a great defender , maybe even better than Pique.

DinhoR10

The big difference, and I think you are well aware, is that Ramos and Pepe are among the best at their positions. Failing to outrank any of them as 21-year-old does not mean you are not a super talent.

Failing to compete Mascherano age of 23 ...... yes, then you are no super talent, however much you want it.

Moreover, Varane a pretty nasty knee injury. Before that, he was totally dominant in El Clasico. Bartra showed heart.

But absolutely. Would you / you think that Bartra is an upcoming superstar so okay. That would be perfect. Barcelona do not even need to buy a new center-back, so that all the nagging about, he already exist. Peeeeeeeeerfekt.

Theres a difference between failing to compete and having incompetent coaches. Are you saying that Thiago is talentless? Of course not but for the past 2 years we've had coaches that have refused to play non-big name/experienced players in even the most paltry of games so theres no way for them to show their talent. Bartra showed that he could start ahead of Masch already even with his limited games but he can't choose the starting XI though.

ceefoo

Firstly let me start by saying I'm pissed I missed out on the Bartra Captaincy/Crying debate on the 17th :slap: but I'll add my 10 cents worth anyway...

CRYING
For me to totally depends on the circumstances. If a player is crying for himself alone and wallowing in self-pity a la CRYnaldo, then he is not a man, and it's a demonstration that he is not a team-player and probably not suited for Captaincy. If however, he is crying because he feels he let his team down, eg perhaps Marc feels responsible for Bale's goal and in hindsight maybe felt he should have fouled him; then that demonstrates regret and disappointment in himself and hints to sense of honour towards the club. Crying AFTER an important final against your arch rival is not necessarily a sign of weakness.

CAPTAINCY/LEADERSHIP
A Captain can come in different forms. There are those that don't say much, who lead by example and those that are vocal and allow others to take responsibility. Marc is still a still junior member of the team and you associate Captaincy with experience and seniority, which he will hopefully gain that in the years to come at Barca. His performances (many of which he has been thrown in at the deep end) have indictated to me that he does have strength of character and we already know about his passion for his boyhood club. The importance of leadership (on the pitch) often goes underestimated. And I don't think it's a co-incidence that our poor results have coincided with our leaders' absences. I wouldn't go as far to call Bartra - Puyol's heir, but he has the determination, talent and time on his side to succeed here. And I genuinely hope he does! :004:

abual3bed1

I like Piqué a lot but Bartra shows more leadership in 10 minutes than Gerard in a whole season.

This post is just copying what you see here and there. Not this season, you can't say this about Pique from this season. Pique has been one of the few players who played out his heart this season and drove the team from behind on many occasions.

FC B

Always thought to be a bit overrated by the fans. I admit I like him too but not that much and I don't know if he can be a successful starter at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans