Marc Bartra

Alarcón

If we don't sign another midfielder our squad will have 23 players (providing we get 2 CB's and sell Song, JDS, Tello, Bojan, Cuenca, Afellay).

sabby

And while we are discussing about numbers, can anyone answer why Xavi and Inesta interchanged their numbers in Barca and Spain ? I always wondered, they could easily had the same number in club and NT and Xavi came earlier anyway.

Egert

Estonian Culé
And while we are discussing about numbers, can anyone answer why Xavi and Inesta interchanged their numbers in Barca and Spain ? I always wondered, they could easily had the same number in club and NT and Xavi came earlier anyway.

"Xavi wears the number 6 for Barcelona and number 8 for the NT. Apparently when he and Iniesta were both on the Barca youth team they both wanted number 8. They agreed that Andres would have the number for Barca and they would switch for international games."

sabby

"Xavi wears the number 6 for Barcelona and number 8 for the NT. Apparently when he and Iniesta were both on the Barca youth team they both wanted number 8. They agreed that Andres would have the number for Barca and they would switch for international games."

Cool !! Thanks, I always wanted to know the reason :)

DinhoR10

Youth team? Isn't Xavi 4 years older? How often did their call ups coincide? Or was iniesta really just always that amazing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

Flavia

Youth team? Isn't Xavi 4 years older? How often did their call ups coincide? Or was iniesta really just always that amazing?

Yes, Xavi is 4 years older. I don't think they coincided in Barça B. Xavi was already in the 1st team when Iniesta got there, I think.

I have my doubts that claim is legit.

DinhoR10

Yes, Xavi is 4 years older. I don't think they coincided in Barça B. Xavi was already in the 1st team when Iniesta got there, I think.

I have my doubts that claim is legit.

I knew they made that deal but I'm guessing it happened with they were both in the first team and had the ability to choose their numbers.

L

linetty

Bartra: "Signing new centre back? With Puyi leaving, it's normal. I'm calm, looking forward to start. Whoever joins, we'll try to help him."
Bartra: "Neymar's injury is a real pity. We hope that he recovers quickly and can join us soon. I'm sure this will make him stronger."

Thanks for coming out and saying something my captain.

Galning

[YOUTUBE]bZz5QVyWfdY[/YOUTUBE]

I have this feeling that Lucho will give Marc more minutes this season. Hope he gets the chance to play consistently and finally gets that much needed experience, even if he makes the occasional mistake.

DinhoR10

[YOUTUBE]bZz5QVyWfdY[/YOUTUBE]

I have this feeling that Lucho will give Marc more minutes this season. Hope he gets the chance to play consistently and finally gets that much needed experience, even if he makes the occasional mistake.

Don't understand why people hate in bartra, he's everything we need in a cb and if lucho fixes the tactics so he doesn't have to defend our entire half himself we'd be golden.

Home of Barca Fans