Marc Bartra

BBZ8800

He was MotM vs PSG, just saying.

He was poor against Ajax, just saying.

It doesn't make sense to use a singe match in an argument.
He played only against crappy teams.
His history against top teams in previous Seasons is:
1. sometimes good
2. sometimes making a lot of rookie, horrible mistakes
His history in 2 big matches this Season:
1. very good against Psg
2. poor against Ajax

So, the sample of his matches against top teams is very small, and his displays in that small sample are extremely hot and cold.

Playing him currently against big teams is a huge lottery and a huge gamble.
He can be a Motm, and he could be lost and cost us 2 Goals easily.

Ok, every player can have good and bad games, but he is not yet a proven player, and his displays vary much more from awesome to horrible, than Mathieu's.
Mathieu is more or less the same all the time.
You know what you get from that experienced and proven guy.
What you get from Bartra against bigger teams=is a roulette and a huge gamble

L

linetty

YouTube evidence being used again though... Could use that to show Barta errors also. Or good games from any other player.
You do realize this video shows every Bartra's touch during the game? It's not like the best moment are picked and cut out.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It's a highlight of only Bartra for the entire game not a "best skills & tricks 2015" vid, please be serious and tell me that video doesn't make you believe, at least a bit, he deserves a chance and can completely play his role against City ?

Let's put it this way, both can make mistakes, but i'd rather bet on Bartra!

L

linetty

Of course he's had poor games and comitted errors... but he's been amazing quite a few times also. The errors are inevitable when you play 1/10 games.

JamDav1982

Of course I realise it is a whole game and those clips can be used to make any player look good/bad in a one off game.

If you are saying Bartra should play at right of s back three as he did in this game then I 100% agree.

But this is a totally different position to a cb in a back three and not only that a left cb.
Alvex ayed right of a back three under pep at times. It is a totally different position.

JamDav1982

So not 'one in ten' anymore?

Just saying things like that to bend facts for Barta.

Even 'one in five' is pushing it as he had played in more than 20 of barcas last 100 games.

Edit: one is six is what you actually said and that's not accurate.

Gnidrologist

After reading this, it seems that people forget Bartra's mistakes.

Anyway, against Ajax in Amstardam, our defense and especially Bartra were all over the pace in the first 30 Minutes.
Here are only some actions, but Ajax were walking through our defense without any problems in the first 30 Minutes:
Do you want me to seek out for PSG and Valencia highlits that show Mathue being assfuked?

Vlom

Okey let's say you're right, Mattieu is better (erf), BUT with the kind of performances he puts out on his big games don't you think he has what it takes to be a big asset in our back for years to come VS matthieu ? If he's given the chance, consitency, role in the big games.. I'm sure if he's aligned against city he'll be fully aware of what's at play and nail it !

BBZ8800

Do you want me to seek out for PSG and Valencia highlits that show Mathue being assfuked?

Again, Mathieu played 10-20 big matches per Season.
And he is a crap in 5 matches, but good in 15 matches.
If you get my point?
He is a proven guy who will more often than not=put a good defensive display against biggest teams.

Bartra is just forum's favorite player who plays 2 big matches per Season and each time he screws at least 1 out of those 2 matches.
So, in any way Mathieu is a safer option.

Okey let's say you're right, Mattieu is better (erf), BUT with the kind of performances he puts out on his big games don't you think he has what it takes to be a big asset in our back for years to come VS matthieu ? If he's given the chance, consitency, role in the big games.. I'm sure if he's aligned against city he'll be fully aware of what's at play and nail it !

Neither of Bartra or Mathieu will be our "future" Cb, you have to realize that.
Bartra is not 18, but 24 already.
He will be a squad player, most likely, and that's it.

Again, remember, we have MESSI.
Messi is the best player who has ever lived.
He will play on this level only for 4-5 more years.
When he will be gone, we will probably win one CL in 10-15 years, the same as in times before Messi.

So, no. I don't want to screw one of best chances ever to win a CL with playing a f***ing Barta (sorry for harsh words).
The guy won't be the next Puyol, stop that nonsense.

So, again, NONE of them will be our future Puyol.
And Mathieu is the safest option currently, and we should look only to present and try to win a CL or two while we still have the one and only, Messi.

When Messi will be gone, we can play with all Bartra's and Deulofeu's of this world.
It will be irrelevant then, because we won't win a CL anyway.

This is why I am for the safest and most proven options currently when we have Messi.

Imagine losing one more CL Season with a stupid loss because we were giving chances to youngsters who may or may not turn into something.

L

linetty

So not 'one in ten' anymore?

Just saying things like that to bend facts for Barta.

Even 'one in five' is pushing it as he had played in more than 20 of barcas last 100 games.

Edit: one is six is what you actually said and that's not accurate.
Whatever. Even if you play one game and then sit out next one or two to play again it works against the player. I'm not bending facts for Bartra, it's clear he doesn't play regularly, whatever the numbers are. And he's been often better than worse anyways.

Mathieu in Barca is a misunderstanding and simply should be 4th choice.

JamDav1982

Whatever. Even if you play one game and then sit out next one or two to play again it works against the player. I'm not bending facts for Bartra, it's clear he doesn't play regularly, whatever the numbers are. And he's been often better than worse anyways.

Mathieu in Barca is a misunderstanding and simply should be 4th choice.

There is a big difference in playing one game in every ten than playing one game in every three.

Neither Barta or Matthieu are first choice anyway so both fave that problem of not playing every week.

Vlom

Again, this is City and we're up 2-1 ... And trust me, no one more than me wants the little guy to get a couple more CLs with Barça!

L

linetty

There is a big difference in playing one game in every ten than playing one game in every three.

Neither Barta or Matthieu are first choice anyway so both fave that problem of not playing every week.
Yeah. Whoever plays hopefully does a great job.

Wouldn't be suprised if Lucho goes with Masch in CB and Rakitic in DM too.

Home of Barca Fans