Marc Bartra

BBZ8800

There is a big difference in playing one game in every ten than playing one game in every three.

Neither Barta or Matthieu are first choice anyway so both fave that problem of not playing every week.

A good one.
People always say: "Bartra doesn't play too many matches, this is why he makes mistakes. He will be better if he will play more matches in a row."
But the same applies for Mathieu.

Why no one on this forum says: "Mathieu would be much better, we need to give him more chances"
= because people are insanely in love with younger players

Again, this is City and we're up 2-1 ... And trust me, no one more than me wants the little guy to get a couple more CLs with Barça!

It is extremely easy to concede 2-3 goals against any top team and get knocked out.
(I don't care about Messi's CLs. I personally care ONLY about Barca's trophies as a team. I don't care about personal trophies for Messi or any other player.)

Last edited:
L

linetty

A conicidence all the games we've lost (and drawn too I think) this season were with Mathieu in the line up? There is far more probability to concede with Mathieu imo.

What's wrong with supporting younger players? He loves the club and should be getting the nod ahead of Mathieu. Why should Mathieu get the nod while he hasn't been better at all.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Why no one on this forum says: "Mathieu would be much better, we need to give him more chances"
= because people are insanely in love with younger players

That's absolutely NOT why i'd prefer bartra, I'd take Masche over him any time, el Jefecito has 4 big balls, Bartra has 2, Mattieu has NONE, he looks fucking lost, no combativity, no heart, nothing, he's in way over his head, and i'm not even talking about the fact that Bartra also had some great assists to messi, while matthieu just gets rid of the ball as fast as he humanly can ..

I would also take a fit Vermaelen over Bartra because he has balls.

Anyway, we're not going anywhere with this, I want Bartra and hope he plays, and i'll be the happiest man when Mattieu leaves.

L

linetty

That's absolutely NOT why i'd prefer bartra, I'd take Masche over him any time, el Jefecito has 4 big balls, Bartra has 2, Mattieu has NONE, he looks fucking lost, no combativity, no heart, nothing, he's in way over his head, and i'm not even talking about the fact that Bartra also had some great assists to messi, while matthieu just gets rid of the ball as fast as he humanly can ..

I would also take a fit Vermaelen over Bartra because he has balls.

Anyway, we're not going anywhere with this, I want Bartra and hope he plays, and i'll be the happiest man when Mattieu leaves.
You're trying to imply Bartra has no balls? :facepalm:

Trying to make a babyface out of him that gets bullied around. Hilarious.

JamDav1982

A conicidence all the games we've lost (and drawn too I think) this season were with Mathieu in the line up? There is far more probability to concede with Mathieu imo.

What's wrong with supporting younger players? He loves the club and should be getting the nod ahead of Mathieu. Why should Mathieu get the nod while he hasn't been better at all.

Yes it is mostly coincidence that those games were lost with Mathieu on team.

What defeats do you blame him for?

These patterns happen that mean next yo nothing... Did Barca not win every game Song played for a while?

L

linetty

These patterns happen that mean next yo nothing... Did Barca not win every game Song played for a while?
It's not like Barca wins majority of the games, right? That's definitely a coincidence considering Barca tends to win most of the games anyway....

It's different with losing. Mathieu is not first choice and it's not a coincidence all the most disappointing performances came with his presence.

Vlom

You're trying to imply Bartra has no balls? :facepalm:

Trying to make a babyface out of him that gets bullied around. Hilarious.

You got me wrong mate, I said he has 2 because Masche has 4, Matthieu has 0 .. i'm 100% for Bartra and honestly I have to dig deep to remember a time where he plays and disappointed me, all his last appearances have been top notch.

JamDav1982

It's not like Barca wins majority of the games, right? That's definitely a coincidence considering Barca tends to win most of the games anyway....

It's different with losing. Mathieu is not first choice and it's not a coincidence all the most disappointing performances came with his presence.

I am sure on other thread you argue how bad a DM Masch is for Barca.

Barca have won ever game with Masch at DM and lost all 5 with Busi there.

By you logic that is no coincidence and Masch should be starting DM.

Which o don't agree with before this turns into a Masch v Busi debate.

Vlom

Just watched the goal in the 0-1 loss to Malaga .. Matthieu was nowhere to be found, coming back trottling to his position after a failed set piece from barcelona, watching in the air while the ball was coming to alves, as alves fucks it, and Alba start running like his mother was drawning .. but matthieu .. hey, can't rush him please what more can he do... ffs , NO BAAAAALLLLSSS NO HUEVOOOOOS!!

L

linetty

I am sure on other thread you argue how bad a DM Masch is for Barca.

Barca have won ever game with Masch at DM and lost all 5 with Busi there.

By you logic that is no coincidence and Masch should be starting DM.

Which o don't agree with before this turns into a Masch v Busi debate.
Talking about Bartra and Mathieu here. Busi is a regular so it's irrelevant.

I

instinct

I'm rooting for Bartra not because I have a soft spot for young La Masia players. I wouldn't let a young player play in a big match just for the sake of it.

I'm on of those who think that the right mentality can overshadow your flaws as a football player. Puyol didn't always struck me as an incredibly gifted footballer (although he had much talent). His strength and importance for us was mainly down to his attitude and mentality on an off the pitch. He fought in every game for every ball and inspired other teammates to do the same. In my opinion such a player can have a big impact on a team in a big match. I don't want to compare Bartra and Puyol (yet) but unlike Mathieu Bartra seems to have the right attitude which is necessary in such a game. I don't want to bash Mathieu here but it's almost impossible for a new player to show as much passion for a club than a player who has spent almost his entire life at this club.
I perfectly understand those who prefer Mathieu because he is more experienced and because playing Bartra would be a gamble and I would understand Lucho's decision, if he decided the same but I prefer Bartra simply because of his attitude and mentality. That said, Bartra is a good footballer too and didn't disappoint in his rare appearances, at least in my opinion.

JamDav1982

Just watched the goal in the 0-1 loss to Malaga .. Matthieu was nowhere to be found, coming back trottling to his position after a failed set piece from barcelona, watching in the air while the ball was coming to alves, as alves fucks it, and Alba start running like his mother was drawning .. but matthieu .. hey, can't rush him please what more can he do... ffs , NO BAAAAALLLLSSS NO HUEVOOOOOS!!

Really stretching it now.

Bucky

Penya Member
Unfortunately Mathieu gets the nod and edge over Bartra to start purely because he has "more experience". Something that for big games will happen. However you can see it plain as day that Mathieu hasn't got what it takes to play in the Blaugrana. It certainly raised eyebrows when his name was brought up as someone coming in.

The guy hoofs it away where as Bartra has proven time & time again to be a valuable asset both in defensive duties as well as providing a few assists.

What does the guy have to do to prove himself to some? Score a hat trick?

L

linetty

Not irrelevant at all. It shows you logic is flawed.

Whether Busi is a regular or not makes no difference, as you argued earlier that Mathieu is more regular than Bartra.
What? Never argued Mathieu is more regular than Bartra, you came up with that. Your logic is flawed. You're trying too hard to compare two completely different situations.

Busi plays almost every game so there's the biggest possibility we'll lose with him on the pitch, foolish of you to use it against him... Mathieu and Bartra both play once in a few occassions and here's where you can compare.

Home of Barca Fans