Marc Bartra

Zangash

Banned
After reading this, it seems that people forget Bartra's mistakes.

Anyway, against Ajax in Amstardam, our defense and especially Bartra were all over the pace in the first 30 Minutes.
Here are only some actions, but Ajax were walking through our defense without any problems in the first 30 Minutes:
-- sometimes, during that match, you have a feeling that Bartra is just "watching" the opponents, without jumping, or trying to make a tackle etc
(People will probably only "see" his passion for Messi's goal, as the only important thing, though.)

Or Almeria's goal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbdSQL4G6RQ

JamDav already said something similar.
Apart from his wrong positional play sometimes, somewhat weak physique, and some "mental" issues in the past when he was scared to play, I would add that he seems like "a too nice guy".
Pepe is his opposite. I mean, I don't like Pepe, but Bartra is somehow a too nice, and you need to be dirty, aggressive (but in "Pepe's" way) etc.

I just still have much more faith in old-guy Mathieu.

No denying Bartra has flaws, but Mathieu is much worse. I could bother to dig up all the games where he's played where we often saw him have to get saved or covered by another defender but I'd basically be listing every post September game he's played in aside from the Rayo game our friend JamDav loves to bring up.

JamDav1982

No denying Bartra has flaws, but Mathieu is much worse. I could bother to dig up all the games where he's played where we often saw him have to get saved or covered by another defender but I'd basically be listing every post September game he's played in aside from the Rayo game our friend JamDav loves to bring up.

I brought it up as you tried to make out the game against Rayo counts for nothing but Bartra is the best because he plays well against poorer sides.

Makes no sense.

Kohe321

If we're pulling up youtube clips to show mistakes, then I'm pretty sure you could string together some pretty horrid man marking mistakes by Mathieu while you're at it.

You can always point out mistakes. And to pull up games that were played many, many months ago is no point when it comes to Bartra, he's in constant development and has improved a lot just in the last 6 months. Let's talk about Bartra from the point of view of march 2015, that's more interesting.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

And this with no more experience to gain, he's already at the top he could be, so NO, I don't ever wanna see matthieu again to be honest :)

JamDav1982

These youtube clip mistakes can apply to EVERY single defender in world.

Could probably put up 4/5 Pique mistakes this season and he has been one of best CBs in world.

Its just pointless but people use it to attack players they dont like.

JamDav1982

And this with no more experience to gain, he's already at the top he could be, so NO, I don't ever wanna see matthieu again to be honest :)

You trying to put blame for the two Bilbao goals on Mathieu??

The first one is much more Messi fault to give it away in bad area then just leaves his man so Mathieu is just trying to slow him down and stop him dribbling forward.

Vlom

You trying to put blame for the two Bilbao goals on Mathieu??

The first one is much more Messi fault to give it away in bad area then just leaves his man so Mathieu is just trying to slow him down and stop him dribbling forward.

I'm not trying, I am .. no matter if it was messi who lost the ball, it could have been a regular attack coming in, re-watch the goals please and tell me he's not just watching the ball pass at 1m from him and just keeps looking and trottling behind it .. I think Bartra would have attacked the fucking ball !

JamDav1982

I'm not trying, I am .. no matter if it was messi who lost the ball, it could have been a regular attack coming in, re-watch the goals please and tell me he's not just watching the ball pass at 1m from him and just keeps looking and trottling behind it .. I think Bartra would have attacked the fucking ball !

On the first one all he is doing is trying to slow the man on the ball downand not let hin charge forward with ball. He does right thing as wasnt close enough to do much else.

Messi is far more to blame for that goal.

I can point out mistakes Barta has made this season, just incase you think he hasnt.

G

Gasgas

After reading this, it seems that people forget Bartra's mistakes.

Anyway, against Ajax in Amstardam, our defense and especially Bartra were all over the pace in the first 30 Minutes.
Here are only some actions, but Ajax were walking through our defense without any problems in the first 30 Minutes:
-- sometimes, during that match, you have a feeling that Bartra is just "watching" the opponents, without jumping, or trying to make a tackle etc
(People will probably only "see" his passion for Messi's goal, as the only important thing, though.)

Or Almeria's goal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbdSQL4G6RQ

JamDav already said something similar.
Apart from his wrong positional play sometimes, somewhat weak physique, and some "mental" issues in the past when he was scared to play, I would add that he seems like "a too nice guy".
Pepe is his opposite. I mean, I don't like Pepe, but Bartra is somehow a too nice, and you need to be dirty, aggressive (but in "Pepe's" way) etc.

I just still have much more faith in old-guy Mathieu.
I would take pepe the defender (ofcourse leave behind pepe the animal)
Bartra could use plenty of lessons on being aggressive mentally and physically

BBZ8800

If we're pulling up youtube clips to show mistakes, then I'm pretty sure you could string together some pretty horrid man marking mistakes by Mathieu while you're at it.

You can always point out mistakes. And to pull up games that were played many, many months ago is no point when it comes to Bartra, he's in constant development and has improved a lot just in the last 6 months. Let's talk about Bartra from the point of view of march 2015, that's more interesting.

That is true.
1. ALL defenders make mistakes
2. Bartra makes mistakes
3. Mathieu makes mistakes
4. Bartra has improved since last Season
5. but, there is still a fact that Bartra plays almost ONLY against the crappiest teams
I don't mean to offend anyone, but against those weakest sides even Sergi Roberto lately looks like a good player, if you get my point.
Even he looks like a good Mc, with some wizzy tricks, vision and decisions.

So, again, it is hard to tell whether has Bartra improved so much, or the whole team plays much better, plus he played only against the crappiest teams.
Ok, he has improved. But has he really improved that much that he should play against Real and Man. City, or he improved slightly but only to play good against the weakest sides.

And if someone replies: we need to give him a chance and test him.
Again, key matches of the Season are not the moment to "test" a player.

So, a team Mathieu, still.

Vlom

He was MotM vs PSG, just saying.

This! He was BEAST just like he was against Levante and Eibar, he needs more chances in the big games, at least city, they're shit, I can understand not risking it against RM, but he has definitely earned his chance to play City!

Look at that TRIPLE save .. can you see matthieu doing that ? He looks freaking lost in the middle and way toooo slow while Bartra is attacking the ball NON STOP !

Last edited:

JamDav1982

GOAT.

Hey, but he gets bullied around!! Nonsense.

He played as a right centre back of three in that game that was just as much a full back as a cb. Not up against the CFs as much taking ball into feet.

YouTube evidence being used again though... Could use that to show Barta errors also. Or good games from any other player.

Home of Barca Fans