Marc Bartra

Kohe321

24 is almost middle-aged in footballing terms. A twenty-four year-old should be commanding a starting place or at least be regular.

Pique had already established himself in the Barca team by the age of 22. Marc may be happy at his boyhood club collecting medals as a bit-part player, but before you know it he'll be the nearing twilight of his career with not many appearances to show for it. But on the bright side, at least he'll have plenty of medals. :hooray:

They are different, though. Pique was massively talented and became one of the best CBs in the world early. But as [MENTION=12202]Stric[/MENTION] says, CBs can peak late at around 30 years of age, so in that regard Bartra still has s lot of time to grow, and he's already come far. He needs to work more for it, but I can easily see him becoming a starter here in 4 years at 28. :)

Last edited:

Jombi

If he gets an offer from an English club of 3 times his current wage (which they can easily do considering the buying club doesnt have to pay much for the transfer fee) and promises of a starter position, I can see him leaving, sadly.

These ridiculous buy-out clauses of La Masia players are killing our future. Its a real shame.

khaled_a_d

If he gets an offer from an English club of 3 times his current wage (which they can easily do considering the buying club doesnt have to pay much for the transfer fee) and promises of a starter position, I can see him leaving, sadly.

These ridiculous buy-out clauses of La Masia players are killing our future. Its a real shame.

Bartra isn't by any mean our future tbh ,he was never that good and right now he is 4th choice CB and if we have a healthy Vermaelen next year he could be 5th .He is solid player with a lot of heart but he is pretty limited unfortunately .if we end up with bartra being starter in the future i will be worried about the level of the team
I don't remember anyone left with with his buyout clauses that could have been our future except Thiago who spent his post-Barca career mostly injured
I won't blame him if he leave ,he is good player and can be starter in many other good clubs and can see him doing much better in a more defensive teams .if he stays he will be more of bench player for most of his career or at least for part of his prime .

Stric

The main thing limiting Bartra is the playing time he gets. He is unfortunate to have a in-form Piqué at his pique (badum-ts) to fight with for the RCB spot.

Jombi

Bartra's passing is just incredible. I just cant understand why Lucho doesnt give him more chances, even at the left CB role. The days are numbered for our 3 older CBs, so hopefully Bartra is patient again...But something must be done regarding these clauses. Who knows what release clause might lurk in Samper's contract...

Zangash

Banned
He should take his chance to leave and run with it without looking back. If he does well enough at whatever club he goes to we'll almost certainly come knocking one day, and if he returns he'll be touted as returning "Home" and he'll have a cushy transfer balance behind him to encourage the coach to play him.

Honestly, he's good enough that I would like to see him play far more often. If it's for a club in England, then so be it. It's not like he's particularly needed here.

Stric

The funny thing is that guys like Bartra would easily be starters in most European teams, yet somehow at their own club they simply aren't valued enough. Montoya also, although not to the same extent as Bartra. FFS, look at Thiago. It looked like he had zero chances of ever being relevant for Bayern. Their midfield was absolutely packed, and with great talent, yet (whenever he is free from injury) he is a key player from them. And Bayern is no Cordoba or whatever, it's a huge club. There's a recurring issue here, and that's undervaluing our own players in comparison to how the rest of Europe values them. It's sad, really. You'd think that their own club would show them the most support and have the most confidence in them.

ceefoo

[MENTION=12202]Stric[/MENTION] This is the point I try to make about our Masia players. People always tend to look outwards first. When our priority should be looking inwards towards our Cantera.

For some reason there is the perception that if a player comes through at another club, it somehow automatically makes him better than one from your own. It drives me crazy at times. :banghead:

If you never give these young talents an opportunity, how will you ever know if they're good enough?

khaled_a_d

The funny thing is that guys like Bartra would easily be starters in most European teams, yet somehow at their own club they simply aren't valued enough. Montoya also, although not to the same extent as Bartra. FFS, look at Thiago. It looked like he had zero chances of ever being relevant for Bayern. Their midfield was absolutely packed, and with great talent, yet (whenever he is free from injury) he is a key player from them. And Bayern is no Cordoba or whatever, it's a huge club. There's a recurring issue here, and that's undervaluing our own players in comparison to how the rest of Europe values them. It's sad, really. You'd think that their own club would show them the most support and have the most confidence in them.

Thiago always had a place for Bayern,that is why he moved there .he didn't get a chance here b/c of Tito
We appreciate La Masia a lot ,otherwise Bartra would have been out of the club in 2013.
Right now he can be starter for some big clubs for sure ,but We are the currently the greatest club in Europe and living the best era in 116 years of the club
Our standards right now is different to other clubs standard,hell it is different than it was in the club itself 10 years ago

Jombi

Right now he can be starter for some big clubs for sure ,but We are the currently the greatest club in Europe and living the best era in 116 years of the club
Our standards right now is different to other clubs standard,hell it is different than it was in the club itself 10 years ago

Which makes it even more important to prioritize our La Masia graduates because we would never live the best era in 116 years of the club without La Masia.

khaled_a_d

Which makes it even more important to prioritize our La Masia graduates because we would never live the best era in 116 years of the club without La Masia.

This era started with getting gr8 players like Ronaldinho,Eto,Deco etc .obviously La Masia is huge to our success specially afterwards but there should never be preference for anything but better players .
Bartra isn't that gr8 .The club always prefered La Masia product that they created that Barca DNA term .the simple fact La masia hasn't been in 2010's as good as it was in the 2000's .Bartra is no Pique .Montoya isn't the next Alves and Deulofeu isn't the next gr8 legend. there is a systemic downgrade that happened in La Masia recently and everyone would notice it .
We shouldn't sacrifice the success of the 1st team for the good of our own prospects .specially if they aren't prospects anymore .Bartra has been with 4 coaches (Pep,Itto,Tata,lucho) and non of them rated him highly in picking order .Pep has used many players of same age as Cuenca/Tello/Thiago in his last season but didn't do the same with bartra even when we needed extra defenders .I doubt all those had something against our own players

Bran the Greenseer

Letting Bartra go would be beyond stupid. This notion that we have a stacked cb line up seems to forget that Matheiu will be 32. Mascherano is 31. Vermalean is going to be 30 and hasn't played a full game in over a year, i'd be surprised if he ever played regularly for us. And to top it all off non of these players are better than Bartra in any significant way. The only argument that can be made is that Mascherano has a more expansive passing range (Don't know if thats true anymore) and he's a leader on the pitch but even then Bartra trumps him in the air and the only reason we don't see it is because Pique literally wins EVERY BALL in the air.

If Bartra leaves in 2 years we'll have to break the bank buying 3 new cbs along with another expensive ass striker once suarez declines.

khaled_a_d

Letting Bartra go would be beyond stupid. This notion that we have a stacked cb line up seems to forget that Matheiu will be 32. Mascherano is 31. Vermalean is going to be 30 and hasn't played a full game in over a year, i'd be surprised if he ever played regularly for us. And to top it all off non of these players are better than Bartra in any significant way. The only argument that can be made is that Mascherano has a more expansive passing range (Don't know if thats true anymore) and he's a leader on the pitch but even then Bartra trumps him in the air and the only reason we don't see it is because Pique literally wins EVERY BALL in the air.

If Bartra leaves in 2 years we'll have to break the bank buying 3 new cbs along with another expensive ass striker once suarez declines.

_All of these players are actually better than Bartra ,there is a reason they are higher in ranking from the coach who just won the treble

_Bartra most probably won't be Barca starter soon,I don't remember it happened that a player of his age who has never been a starter been able to change that from our la Masia ,even Oleguer claimed the starting place in younger age ,his games decreased by 5 games this season than the last even though the team has played more by 1 game . That isn't a good sign .specially when mascherano was used as DM several times this year,Pique has been shit early on and Mathieu isn't that gr8 whiler Vermaelen played 1 game in the whole season

_ You are right ,between summer 2016 and that of 2018 we will have to replace the trio of Mascherano,Mathieu,Vermaelen .but we will definitely need to buy a starter .and by that time Bartra will be around 25-27
You have to look it from the player side,is it fair for a player to spend such good amount of his prime on the bench?

I would like him to stay ,he is La Masia product who loves the club and play with a lot of heart .but if he leaves it isn't the end of the world and isn't a big deal IMHO .He is replaceable and the player can have a bigger role in a good club

Home of Barca Fans