Marc Bartra

Truthist

Bartra is better than any centre half apart from Pique. I don't rate any of the others as anything other than average and they're not even young.

I'd be very disappointed if we let him go, I don't think he's even had a fair crack at the whip.

Mexcelona

Bartra has been snubbed by 4 different coaches, obiously they see something we don't.

he has potential if he leaves then.. guess we'll buy him back if he starts to prime.

ceefoo

There are mitigating circumstances re: Bartra's coaches and their so called lack of confidence in him...

- Under Pep ~ he was still a youngster, so you wouldn't expect him to be a starter.

- Under Tito ~ It was Tito's first season. He began his career off to flyer, taking a record number of points in the first half of the season, so it would have made it very difficult for Marc to force his way in to a winning team. Then Tito fell ill, so that destabilised the club and affected the players.

- Under Tata ~ He was tactically inept, and put himself under pressure to get results. This naturally doesn't lend itself to granting young players a chance to shine. And when Marc was used, he was thrown in at the deep end against some of Europe's elite clubs in must win games ie; Bayern, Real Madrid etc in matches we lost, so it reflected badly on him.

- Under Lucho ~ Another new coach. This was the season that Marc should have started to establish himself in the first team. But it just so happened that the transfer ban occurred, and the club went on a spending spree bringing in Mathieu, Vermaelen (albeit injured) etc. Plus, Mascherano off the back of an exceptional World Cup performance made it difficult to be left out of the team. Marc once again found himself down the pecking order.

All the upheaval at the club hasn't only made it difficult for Marc to earn opportunities in the first team. It's had a detrimental affect on many other canteranos in recent seasons as well.

Last edited:

Mexcelona

we played song and adriano over bartra in a classico..
there is no excuse for that lmao especially when it's two players who probably never even played that position.

Jombi

we played song and adriano over bartra in a classico..
there is no excuse for that lmao especially when it's two players who probably never even played that position.

The "excuse" is that the clasico is the most high pressure, high intense game in the world of football. Its not a game for young defenders with a lack of match fitness. I would go so far as to say it is almost cruel to play a young, inexperienced defender who lacks match fitness in such a game. One mistake and he'll be crucified and it could destroy his career.

JamDav1982

There are mitigating circumstances re: Bartra's coaches and their so called lack of confidence in him...

- Under Pep ~ he was still a youngster, so you wouldn't expect him to be a starter.

- Under Tito ~ It was Tito's first season. He began his career off to flyer, taking a record number of points in the first half of the season, so it would have made it very difficult for Marc to force his way in to a winning team. Then Tito fell ill, so that destabilised the club and affected the players.

- Under Tata ~ He was tactically inept, and put himself under pressure to get results. This naturally doesn't lend itself to granting young players a chance to shine. And when Marc was used, he was thrown in at the deep end against some of Europe's elite clubs in must win games ie; Bayern, Real Madrid etc in matches we lost, so it reflected badly on him.

- Under Lucho ~ Another new coach. This was the season that Marc should have started to establish himself in the first team. But it just so happened that the transfer ban occurred, and the club went on a spending spree bringing in Mathieu, Vermaelen (albeit injured) etc. Plus, Mascherano off the back of an exceptional World Cup performance made it difficult to be left out of the team. Marc once again found himself down the pecking order.

All the upheaval at the club hasn't only made it difficult for Marc to earn opportunities in the first team. It's had a detrimental affect on many other canteranos in recent seasons as well.

Barcelona never played Bayern under Tata.

Tata never threw in Barta at deep end at all he gave him a lot of minutes.

Also the WC had little to do with Masch playing. He played DM in the World Cup but when it comes to CB he had been Barcas best CB for last 2/3 years and fans voted him player of year in 13/14.

Last edited:

Mexcelona

The "excuse" is that the clasico is the most high pressure, high intense game in the world of football. Its not a game for young defenders with a lack of match fitness. I would go so far as to say it is almost cruel to play a young, inexperienced defender who lacks match fitness in such a game. One mistake and he'll be crucified and it could destroy his career.

so you would put players who are inexperienced in a role in a game such as el classico just because they are older?
that makes no sense.
bartra is only 3 years less than song too lol with almost no experience with the team whereas bartra grew up here

Last edited:

ceefoo

Barcelona never played Bayern under Tata.

Tata never threw in Barta at deep end at all he gave him a lot of minutes.

Also the WC had little to do with Masch playing. He played DM in the World Cup but when it comes to CB he had been Barcas best CB for last 2/3 years and fans voted him player of year in 13/14.
Yeah, I was getting confused with Roura throwing Bartra in at the deep end. The 7 - nil against Bayern was in the 2012/13 season, when Bartra played.

Although Masche played DM in the World Cup, it definitely would have enhanced his reputation from Lucho's viewpoint. How could anyone not be impressed with Masche in that tournament? He was arguably Argentina's most important player, along with Messi.

Frodo_FCB

I know Bartra hasn't been rated highly by none of our previous managers, but i honestly can't see why. I 've watched all Barca games and every time he played he was excellent. I can't find any particular weakness in his game.

Alik

_All of these players are actually better than Bartra ,there is a reason they are higher in ranking from the coach who just won the treble

_Bartra most probably won't be Barca starter soon,I don't remember it happened that a player of his age who has never been a starter been able to change that from our la Masia ,even Oleguer claimed the starting place in younger age ,his games decreased by 5 games this season than the last even though the team has played more by 1 game . That isn't a good sign .specially when mascherano was used as DM several times this year,Pique has been shit early on and Mathieu isn't that gr8 whiler Vermaelen played 1 game in the whole season

_ You are right ,between summer 2016 and that of 2018 we will have to replace the trio of Mascherano,Mathieu,Vermaelen .but we will definitely need to buy a starter .and by that time Bartra will be around 25-27
You have to look it from the player side,is it fair for a player to spend such good amount of his prime on the bench?

I would like him to stay ,he is La Masia product who loves the club and play with a lot of heart .but if he leaves it isn't the end of the world and isn't a big deal IMHO .He is replaceable and the player can have a bigger role in a good club

I sort of agree with this. Except that I don't think that Mathieu and Vermaelen are clearly superior to Bartra. Pique and Masche are the one's that can and should keep Bartra away from the starting lineup for at least one season.

And this is if we don't sign anyone else.

I do wish to see Bartra stay and become a starter in a couple of seasons. But like you said, this is a long time, and it is understandable if he isn't willing wait more.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We have more games this season, he should get a lot more gametime.

And we should ship out Adriano so Mathieu/Verma can deputize at leftback.

EdmondDantes

We'll live to regret if we let this lad leave, especially that cheap. I do have to say though, Enrique has not given the amount of playing time to keep him happy and develop him as a player. He's very talented and should be playing a lot more.

Neymessi

We'll live to regret if we let this lad leave, especially that cheap. I do have to say though, Enrique has not given the amount of playing time to keep him happy and develop him as a player. He's very talented and should be playing a lot more.

Not really his fault.He could have played a little more but that would be it.You are forgetting masch and mathieu were the contenders at his position with whom he had to compete with.

Home of Barca Fans