Marc Bartra

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You know that the criticsm towards Bartra isn't just a phenomenon in Barcaforum, right? :)

I've been active in other forums before, if you absolute want to know.

But's off-topic so just let us move on...

Sure thing, was just curious because you have a pretty aggressive tone + the bolding and underlining (basically the "if I scream louder i'll be right" philosophy) for someone that has just joined us.

F

Frejsgodes

Even when he had his "good" matches last season, I never really felt comfortable with him at the back. Pique and Mascherano you trust because of their high quality and their respective strengths. Bartra doesn't seem to have anything he's really good at like our starting CBs. He's just kinda a little above average.

Also doesn't help that he is developing a reputation for making a fool of himself in big games. Against Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final, Sevilla in the European Super Cup Final. I wonder when he'll screw up next! Not to mention he looked stupid going against Januzaj and Hazard in preseason.

Makes me so mad thinking about how he almost cost us another trophy. He will never be Barca quality. Get this choker out!

Alik

Even when he had his "good" matches last season, I never really felt comfortable with him at the back. Pique and Mascherano you trust because of their high quality and their respective strengths. Bartra doesn't seem to have anything he's really good at like our starting CBs. He's just kinda a little above average.

Also doesn't help that he is developing a reputation for making a fool of himself in big games. Against Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final, Sevilla in the European Super Cup Final. I wonder when he'll screw up next! Not to mention he looked stupid going against Januzaj and Hazard in preseason.

Makes me so mad thinking about how he almost cost us another trophy. He will never be Barca quality. Get this choker out!

To be fair, you cannot blame CdR defeat on Bartra. The reason we were still in that match was because of his header.

Galning

To be fair, you cannot blame CdR defeat on Bartra. The reason we were still in that match was because of his header.

Plus, he had no rhythm going into that match. Never playing, then has to start in Copa del Rey final and gets outsprinted by Bale, as if that says anything about your footballing capacities. Some people just see what they wanna see.

F

Frejsgodes

It's not entirely on him, but he still messed us after getting us 1-1. If say LeBron, Kobe or whoever scores 30 points but misses the game winning shot, it still a choke. And frankly one header from Bartra doesnt cancel out my idea of him being a limited player who has choked on more than one occasion.

Darko

Ignore the Copa final, he still looks shaky against any player with speed, dribbling or strength...and that's a lot of players.

F

Flavia

Bartra is soft for a defender. And he really should go somewhere where he'd be a starter, to see if he can improve that.
But maybe he fears to get a similar fate to Fontas or Muniesa.

It's sad to see what lack of match practice for years has done to Bartra. He should really consider leaving, Barcelona isn't the best place for him to develop. He's stuck in the position of being average (not good enough to bench Pique-Masche, but not bad enough for the club to look at him as a liability)

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Plus, he had no rhythm going into that match. Never playing, then has to start in Copa del Rey final and gets outsprint by Bale, as if that says anything about your footballing capacities. Some people just see what they wanna see.

Not to mention he got the medical green light a couple of hours before the game started.

zanela

Bartra is soft for a defender. And he really should go somewhere where he'd be a starter, to see if he can improve that.
But maybe he fears to get a similar fate to Fontas or Muniesa.

That's my main gripe with him. Getting beat for pace and trickery is bad enough, but if a defender can't put himself about physically, and can't hold off lightweight players half his size, it's hard to stay positive, match practice or not.

God Serena

He had very good potential, imo, but his decision to stay here has caused him to regress at a constant level. It's pretty sad to see a player's loyalty ruin his career in such a way, but he's done it to himself. When the transfer ban is over we really need to consider actually reinforcing our back line. The only solid CB we have is Pique, for crying out loud.

He had very good potential, imo, but his decision to stay here has caused him to regress at a constant level. .

he's still good enough for 95% of the european teams
3-4 years somewhere else and he could still develop quite well (even come back at 28 or something)

Home of Barca Fans