Marc Bartra

God Serena

Bartra right now is 3rd backup CB. Even if he stays as 3rd backup, or manages to become 2nd backup, perhaps it's worth keeping him under that role.

That's pretty funny. He's, at best, 5th choice. With Mathieu injured I guess that's now 4th choice. Seeing people constantly overstate his position in the hierarchy is something I never understood. I remember Jamdav once vehemently arguing that Bartra was 2nd choice, for the RCB spot. Two seasons later and every single defender that can possibly be used is played before Bartra, even in the easy games.

Alik

That's pretty funny. He's, at best, 5th choice. With Mathieu injured I guess that's now 4th choice. Seeing people constantly overstate his position in the hierarchy is something I never understood. I remember Jamdav once vehemently arguing that Bartra was 2nd choice, for the RCB spot. Two seasons later and every single defender that can possibly be used is played before Bartra, even in the easy games.

5th choice means 3rd backup.

JamDav1982

For a while he was the defender used at RCB only second to Pique.

I never rated Barta highly like you did and he lost being second choice RCB as he just wasnt as good as the other CBs but he was second to Pique there for a while.

bismp

He was like the 1st backup in 2012/13 iirc

Now that Mathieu is injured,this may be his last chance to rise up in the hierarchy and MAYBE become Pique's partner in 2-3 years,or at least the 1st backup.

God Serena

For a while he was the defender used at RCB only second to Pique.

I never rated Barta highly like you did and he lost being second choice RCB as he just wasnt as good as the other CBs but he was second to Pique there for a while.

The only time we saw Bartra play mainly behind Pique as RCB was when Bartra was our only option for 3rd choice CB. He played next to Pique quite frequently in that time frame as well. After we purchased the Ginger and the Cripple we saw Mathieu become the LCB while Mascherano took up the RCB spot. It was easier to see coming than the sun in a sky void of clouds but you don't seem willing to draw that connection.

He was like the 1st backup in 2012/13 iirc

2012/13? You mean the season where Tito played all of Adriano, Alex Song, and Sergio Busquets at CB while Bartra watched from the stands?

Now that Mathieu is injured,this may be his last chance to rise up in the hierarchy and MAYBE become Pique's partner in 2-3 years,or at least the 1st backup.

Or he could just leave this summer and give your 2-3 years the finger.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The only time we saw Bartra play mainly behind Pique as RCB was when Bartra was our only option for 3rd choice CB. He played next to Pique quite frequently in that time frame as well. After we purchased the Ginger and the Cripple we saw Mathieu become the LCB while Mascherano took up the RCB spot. It was easier to see coming than the sun in a sky void of clouds but you don't seem willing to draw that connection.

Yes so Barta was the back up top Pique and lost his place as they brought in players that were better than him. Even then when those players were brought in Barta was still given chances but just wasnt good enough.

Always said he was massively over rated but he got a lot of chances and couldnt cut it.

God Serena

Yes so Barta was the back up top Pique and lost his place as they brought in players that were better than him. Even then when those players were brought in Barta was still given chances but just wasnt good enough.

Always said he was massively over rated but he got a lot of chances and couldnt cut it.

I'm not denying any of that. I'm saying I saw this coming the moment I saw these signings and said he should leave as a result, only to be met with "But he's 2nd choice RCB".

He could and probably would be a much better player now if he took off the moment he realized he'd never be anything more than bench fodder.

JamDav1982

I'm not denying any of that. I'm saying I saw this coming the moment I saw these signings and said he should leave as a result, only to be met with "But he's 2nd choice RCB".

He could and probably would be a much better player now if he took off the moment he realized he'd never be anything more than bench fodder.

My pointing out he was second to Pique at that point was that he was still going to get chances to prove himself and he did. Not that it really made any difference as I didnt see him being good enough in the long term.

So leaving as he was not going to get chances in team due to new signings was wrong.

You seemed to rate him far too highly and thought he was a better player than he was/is.

bismp

2012/13? You mean the season where Tito played all of Adriano, Alex Song, and Sergio Busquets at CB while Bartra watched from the stands?

Or he could just leave this summer and give your 2-3 years the finger.
It wouldn't hurt if you were a little bit more polite

Home of Barca Fans