Marc Guiu

khaled_a_d

Deco should now go and sign Allen Obando.

I would never count on La Masia "9" to make it big tbf. Sad if we'll lose Guiu but would he really have a better career here than likes of Bojan, Sandro and Munir? I doubt.

I'll be much more upset if we lose Guille. It's actually strange there are no rumours about him considering his contract is up in a week.

Only one who made it big as a 9 was Icardi, who was good enough for Italy but miles from a Barca starting 9.
Otherwise we had Ruiz, Sandro, Bojan, Sanabria, Munir among others who might show a promise here and there but are relegation teams.
Guiu could defy the odds, he is physically a big 9 and smart so who knows.
Wasn't Leverkusen after him? They would have been a much better choice.

Porque

He really reminds me of another forward who was a unit, and I just can't put my finger on it right now.

Edit.

Got it, Fernando Llorente but obviously not as prolific in the air.

Messi983

Only one who made it big as a 9 was Icardi, who was good enough for Italy but miles from a Barca starting 9.
Otherwise we had Ruiz, Sandro, Bojan, Sanabria, Munir among others who might show a promise here and there but are relegation teams.
Guiu could defy the odds, he is physically a big 9 and smart so who knows.
Wasn't Leverkusen after him? They would have been a much better choice.

Is he really smart if he'll sign for Chelsea who is just hoarding talents without clear plans how to use them though?

Givenchy

I honestly doubt he'll ever come back.

Feels like we had better talents who put better numbers than he has in the past. Once he goes to Chelsea he'll end up in loan hell in France. But who knowns?
right on cue

It is not ruled out that Marc Guiu will be loaned out to Strasbourg in Ligue 1 after signing for Chelsea. It is a possibility.

xXKonan

The funny thing is people say "Oh he's behind a couple of players here" But I mean is it going to be better at Chelsea? The odds of him making their main squad for the season are zero and I'll be even surprised if he ends up in their PL2 squad.

He didn't get to feature much for us here and he mostly stuck to the Athletic squad. He'll probably end up at Strasbourg on loan and the odds of him being a starter there are not that great either.

I'd love to be wrong and for him to "make it" but he has a lot working against him right now.

xXKonan

According to Sport, he wanted guarantees for a spot in the first team in the coming season but the club told him that Lewa and Ferran were ahead of him and didn't rely on him on the short term.

Porque

Sounds like the typical SPORT article to put the blame on the player for leaving. Reality is the financial offer of ours was way inferior and the players entourage were seduced by that.

He will be at Strasbourg next season which won't be bad for his development in all honesty considering B didn't make LaLiga2, but no chance he makes any inroads at their first team next year.

We all saw how it worked out for Victor Barbera at Brugge, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Andresito

Staff member
I understand him. He hasn't really dominated for B side but he has scored a few for the first team so he might feel that the next step is to play for a better team than B.

Best for us would be to loan him out or sell with buyback. Lewy is old, Ferran is deadweight and Roque might be gone same time as Lewy. If Guiu is performing there's a good chance he'll be one of the 2 CFs for next season's squad, or the year after. It depends if he has that patience though.

Messi983

I would understand the "playing time" excuse if he'd go to Salzburg, Ajax, PSV or a random Ligue 1 team not named PSG,... but Chelsea, I don't buy that, lol.

He wants first team guarantees here but will gladly accept going on loan for a few years after signing with Chelsea. Why? Because they'll probably pay him at least double what he'd get here.

Nothing wrong with that, it's his career after all but time will tell if his decision is right.

Was talking about in game smart tbh

I know.

But if he's not smart (or mislead by his agent/family) off the pitch then he won't make the most out of his career most likely regardless of his talent. Lot of players have not fulfilled their potential because they've moved to the wrong club at the wrong time.

Porque

Yeah if you watch him at the B he is very clunky but with good potential.

A fine in-house long term project (the type Madrid do with loans and buybacks ala Brahim and Morata) but not someone I am entirely dissapointed about getting 6m for today.

He should have stick around for pre-season, but anyways, life moves on.

And yes @Messi983, that's the guy.

Home of Barca Fans