Marco Reus

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Are Cules really THAT greedy to want Reus after having bought Neymar and Suarez for astronomical fees in successive transfer windows? What the hell do we need Reus for? The irony lies in how we mock the Galactico policy so hard yet a majority are oblivious/apathetic towards the implications of their own desired over-dependence on transfers eagerly pleading that we shell out 60m for Benatia and/or 40m+ for Reus in one transfer window after having already made several purchases.

resized_all-the-things-meme-generator-buy-all-the-strikers-f013d9.jpg

If we're not banned though, the prospect of getting Reus for 25-35M euros is hard to turn away. We don't need him, that's true. But at that price? Man.

Doobs

The Messiah
It's not like we wouldn't have bought ANY players in 2015. Trusting youth is one thing, but we always spend in the summer.

BerkeleyBernie

It's really something how much you dislike Neymar, just because he's a much better player than Pedro. It's not his fault, you know?

I'm not a fan of Neymar yet, but it has nothing directly to do with Pedro. I dislike him for the same reason I disliked Cesc: he was an unnecessary purchase that didn't really fit the team, purely for bragging rights, endorsements, and TV eyeballs. He has a better chance of fitting Barça than Cesc ever did, but that has so far yet to be proven: his passing is generally wayward and his finishing was no better than Pedro and Alexis (look no further than his "assist" to Messi vs Leon, where he kicked the ball directly into the defender's foot, which took a fortunate deflection right up to Messi's head). And simply as a player (aside from his fit to Barça), I simply don't find him very interesting. Not the creativity of Ibra, the eye for goal of Suarez/Phenom, the dribbling control or vision/passing of Messi, the joy of Ronaldinho. He rolls around a lot, Ill give you that, and in Brazil, he was good at showboating and humiliating poor defenders. Ehh. He's young and new to the big leagues, so I'll agree he may continue to improve. I'll watch and see- I think Tito/Tata tactics didn't help any of the strikers. Like all of us, I hope Lucho will be an improvement.

To get back on topic, Reus would have been a *much* better fit for Barça. Offers much the same as a counterattacker, but much more accurate passing and teamplay, especially in close spaces, and better game intelligence (though, hard to tell with the Barça wide forwards pinned to the sidelines in the last couple of seasons). To be frank, I *don't* think Neymar will become a better player than Reus, as DonAK states. I see no evidence of that.

B

beautifulgame

yawn*

so boring barca fans and throwing around "decision making" "football intelligence" "better passing" "barca philosophy" vague shit. they don't know what mechanically makes a good passer. keep at it bruh

BerkeleyBernie

yawn*

so boring barca fans and throwing around "decision making" "football intelligence" "better passing" "barca philosophy" vague shit. they don't know what mechanically makes a good passer. keep at it bruh

?? What's so difficult to understand? First rule of good passing- pass the ball to a teammate instead of the opponent. Accuracy, weight, vision. Don't pass the ball into dead-end alleys (what Barça forces most of their opponents to do). And if you are going to pass a chancey ball into space, make sure the reward is worth the risk, and that your teammate has a good chance of beating the opponent for an opportunity at goal.

Everything else is roulette. Sure, you're going to win some of them, but it's a game of chance. Exciting for some fans, not to me. Throw up a bunch of shit and see what sticks (i.e. 95% of Alves' crosses).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's a boring exercise in futility to try and dissect one player's attributes and compare it to another...Neymar was indeed unnecessary but has already proven, IMHO, to be an excellent addition to the squad

Reus is quality as well but I have to say this seems even exceedingly unnecessary than Neymar was

Home of Barca Fans