Marco Reus

Especially after it seemed like he was holding out. I don't think it will happen anyway. I can see Dortmund trying their hardest to sell Reus abroad.

They won't have a choice if a club meets the buyout clause next summer. If they wanna choose where he goes, they have to sell him now. But they'll probably keep him until his buyout clause activates as they did with Lewandowski.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They won't have a choice if a club meets the buyout clause next summer. If they wanna choose where he goes, they have to sell him now. But they'll probably keep him until his buyout clause activates as they did with Lewandowski.

Not if Reus says no to Bayern. The player himself has to agree in order for the buyout to happen, no?

Not if Reus says no to Bayern. The player himself has to agree in order for the buyout to happen, no?

True. But the point is, next summer Dortmund won't choose where Reus goes, Reus himself will. Dortmund has no say if the buyout clause is paid. If Reus wants to go to Bayern and Bayern pay the buyout clause, Dortmund won't be able to do a thing about it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
True. But the point is, next summer Dortmund won't choose where Reus goes, Reus himself will. Dortmund has no say if the buyout clause is paid. If Reus wants to go to Bayern and Bayern pay the buyout clause, Dortmund won't be able to do a thing about it.

Let's not forget there is also the possibility of him renewing. BVB just received €101m of funds, they can afford to raise his salary by a lot.

I

instinct

Let's not forget there is also the possibility of him renewing. BVB just received €101m of funds, they can afford to raise his salary by a lot.

I'm sure he would get more money at Bayern or Manu than at Dortmund, even after they raise his salary.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

No. They intend to put out new shares, which three companies have agreed to invest heavily in. IF BVB manages to sell all new shares at their demanded price, THEN they will have earned 114M €.

Adrian

I really hope Dortmund will try increase his salary and Reus will accept. Bayern's domination of the Bundesliga is getting out of hand.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Apparently, Klopp, after today's match, stated that he's confident Reus will stay at BVB for a long time to come.

M

Messi4life

Luis Enrique will on Monday meet with club officials to discuss final week of transfer window. Last attempt to sign Reus not ruled out. [md]

Home of Barca Fans