Marco Reus

Kasperroed

Suarez
Ney-reus-mess
Masch-rakitic
alba-ginger-pique-alves

Obviously id want a diff backline like no pique or alves....but not happening

We could do that without Reus, actually.

------------ Bravo -------------
Alves - Masch - Mathieu - Alba
---- Rackitic ---- Busquets ----
Messi ----- Iniesta ---- Neymar
------------ Suarez -------------

The idea to get Reus would probably be to defend in a 4-4-2 with Neymar and Reus tracking back.

Co0ter

I dont rate Busquets anymore, I havent in years. Good performances from him and few and far between. If playing two DM one actually DM and a more versatile player like Rakitic would be much better for me. Reus would be ideally playing centrally behind strikers...really fast which makes him an execellent outlet for counters, vision and he can apply pressure and be much more physical than Iniesta. Iniesta is a key component to a system we dont use anymore unfortunately. Im not saying its a good thing, Im saying what is reality.

Morten

I LOVE the 4-2-3-1 system, so i would not mind to see that! Although i would mean a goodbye to Iniesta from the starting XI.

Mascherano + Rackitic/Busquets would be awsome on the densive midfield.
Busquets is quite poor in defense, i would leave him out.

Kasperroed

I dont rate Busquets anymore, I havent in years. Good performances from him and few and far between. If playing two DM one actually DM and a more versatile player like Rakitic would be much better for me. Reus would be ideally playing centrally behind strikers...really fast which makes him an execellent outlet for counters, vision and he can apply pressure and be much more physical than Iniesta. Iniesta is a key component to a system we dont use anymore unfortunately. Im not saying its a good thing, Im saying what is reality.

Take a look at the Spain game going on right now. Busquets is doing really well.

L

linetty

Not really... current state of Barca is no indication because everything is in shambles right now. He can't do it all alone but with support he's easily the best DM in the world.

DrPepper

He's not. Being good defensively doesn't mean making crunching tackles like Mascherano likes to do. In fact, if you rely on tackles you are quite poor defensively.

Mascherano is a bit overhyped here. The moment he makes one of his silly mistakes people want him out again.

DrPepper

I would take De Rossi and Matic over him with my eyes closed.

Matic is a monster. He combines tactical awareness with very good physique. Probably the only defensive midfielder I'd consider better or as good as Busquets.

De Rossi is over 30 and not always convincing, tactically.

valk

Matic is a monster. He combines tactical awareness with very good physique. Probably the only defensive midfielder I'd consider better or as good as Busquets.

De Rossi is over 30 and not always convincing, tactically.

Important stuff like tackling, work-rate and aggression are kinda overlooked this days. The decline of Xaviesta, Alves and the lack of a certain defense that came with Puyol's and Abidal's retirement just showed what an average player he is. It could also be seen in Pique. He is an average DM. Very intelligent with a good first touch and passing, but nothing more than that.

DrPepper

Important stuff like tackling, work-rate and aggression are kinda overlooked this days. The decline of Xaviesta, Alves and the lack of a certain defense that came with Puyol's and Abidal's retirement just showed what an average player he is. It could also be seen in Pique. He is an average DM. Very intelligent with a good first touch and passing, but nothing more than that.

Average? Certainly not.

Look at Bayern where Lahm plays really well as a DM despite being a small guy who would lose pretty much every physical battle. That's because Guardiola has a clearly organised system.

F

Flavia

Average? Certainly not.

Look at Bayern where Lahm plays really well as a DM despite being a small guy who would lose pretty much every physical battle. That's because Guardiola has a clearly organised system.

For some, dms are only good if they're tackling, physical monsters.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Oh sorry,I thought this thread was about Marco Reus. Don't mind me then.

Home of Barca Fans