Marco Verratti

Morten

Exactly. But hey, he does not have a fancy haircut (not that I care about haircuts), there are not as many fancy Youtube videos with him out there and he does not score as many goals. Especially volleys!

How anyone can claim that he was bad against us this season (let alone in previous seasons) or that he would not fit our team and playing style (whether the current one or a more "pure" Tika-Taka style of play) is beyond me really.

This is a big stick against any player, haircuts are important.

T

Thanos

We don't play tiki taka anymore. Our team is more direct and Pogba fits that better

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Verratti would fit perfect at Barca tbh, who are you kidding? Verratti would fit just about anywhere.

Leo_Messi

We don't play tiki taka anymore. Our team is more direct and Pogba fits that better

Did you even read what I wrote? Apparently not. Verratti would fit our current playing style (which is not that much different anyway as we are dominating possession 99,9% of the time) as well as a more "pure" tika-taka playing style.

PSG's current playing style is quite similar to our playing style and Verratti is performing excellently for PSG. He also performs well for Italy who play different football especially under Conte.

The fact is that your claim of Verratti being outperformed by our midfield is nonsense. He was one of the few if not the only PSG player who played well overall in all of those 4 games and PSG did certainly not lose because of him but because they are a worse team than us. Verratti is NOT to blame for that.

T

Thanos

Watch as Pogba becomes a super star and Veratti just stays a first team player

Leo_Messi

Verratti would fit perfect at Barca tbh, who are you kidding? Verratti would fit just about anywhere.

Exactly. A bit like Hazard. At least in my eyes. Varane and Marquinhos too. Sometimes it takes very little time to spot special players and such special players tend to be able to perform at almost any team and under many different playing styles.

Verratti is such a player in my eyes.

Thanos is full of riveting, detailed posts.

LOL. Anyway sorry if I came across as "aggressive" in that Pogba thread. It was not my intention. You misunderstood my initial post and Bartus understood what I meant. You might be unaware of how many times threads in the "other players" section of the forum are derailed and often turn into discussions about PSG.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
No worries, apologies from my end too, I had a laugh about it to myself afterwards anyway. :lol: It's easy to get dragged off topic, I know all too well about that. :D

Honestly I'd take Verratti over Pogba any day, not that I think Pogba is bad, but I just like Verratti's style better. He's great to watch, and he's aggressive and a machine as well as technically gifted. Class. Pogba is that too but for the mooted price, nah, especially after €80m was just rejected, no thanks.

serghei

No worries, apologies from my end too, I had a laugh about it to myself afterwards anyway. :lol: It's easy to get dragged off topic, I know all too well about that. :D

Honestly I'd take Verratti over Pogba any day, not that I think Pogba is bad, but I just like Verratti's style better. He's great to watch, and he's aggressive and a machine as well as technically gifted. Class. Pogba is that too but for the mooted price, nah, especially after €80m was just rejected, no thanks.

Yea, but Pogba scores golazos. That's one thing he has over Veratti. So, there are things that Pogba does better than Verratti, and some of them are important. It's close between them, but I'd take Pogba right now for the same amount of money.

Home of Barca Fans