Marco Verratti

Bertus

I think anyone with a brain can tell by what happened with Silva and Marquinhos, as well as the many comments on the matter from everyone involved, that there is no chance whatsoever that Verratti will be sold this summer. Those stories are just the usual media nonsense.

Maybe not this year, but if PSG fails to recruit world class players, he might in the end force a transfer.

Pogba rejecting PSG is a big blow for the french club. PSG has no sporting director and it shows difficulty to convince world class players or even promising ones.

Dybala, Depay, and now Pogba just ditched PSG. However you look at it, it's bad. And Verratti will want, in the end, sooner or later, to join a club that stands above PSG since PSG is unable to step up.

I Blame how the club is run. PSG has the money, but since Leonardo left, mercatos are shitty, and the sporting side of the club stopped to run.

Morten

Hmmm, Pogba or Verratti, Pogba or Verratti? I havent watched either enough to make a decision. They sounds like THE two midfielders too get these days.

Jair Ventura

Pogba rejecting PSG is a big blow for the french club.

Why is it a big blow? Paris doesn't even need Pogba with the talent they have in the midfield.

PSG has no sporting director and it shows difficulty to convince world class players or even promising ones.

I'm not sure why you continue saying this when Letang has been PSG's assistant sports director since 2012. Paris also added Aurier just last summer ahead of Arsenal, making his stay permanent this month and by all accounts he's one of the best young fullbacks in the world.

Dybala, Depay, and now Pogba just ditched PSG. However you look at it, it's bad. And Verratti will want, in the end, sooner or later, to join a club that stands above PSG since PSG is unable to step up.

Well, PSG willingly exited the running for Dybala, and no such of a thing happened with Depay. There hasn't even been any news on the matter from the Netherlands nor France in about a week, and last we heard, Paris were amongst his final destinations. Pogba is the hottest prospect in the world, also the most expensive, his turning down PSG doesn't really say much about the state of the club.

I Blame how the club is run. PSG has the money, but since Leonardo left, mercatos are shitty, and the sporting side of the club stopped to run.

... PSG is a few weeks away from a domestic treble, and per a CIES talent report released earlier today, Paris is one of the top clubs in Europe in terms of young quality players: Veratti, Marquinhos, Lucas, Aurier, Rabiot, Digne - next season Arreola and Kevin-Agustine may become permanent additions to the senior side. More importantly, there's still nearly 2 months before the summer window even opens. We have a long way to go before most of this is even worth concerning ourselves with, it's certainly too early to be disappointed in PSG's efforts in the transfer market.

Last edited:

AL-MALKI

If any one could come close to Xavis playing style then it's this guy he is what we need we shouldn't look else where...going to be a waste of money IMO
Even if PSG asks for crazy money he is going to be worth it for his age...I hope we don't do the Isco mistake again and let him go to rm without a fight...
If he is for sale we should go for him with all guns blazing... anyhow I don't see him out of PSG unless his contract expire...
They are not going to sell their best player

T

Thanos

Let's not waste our time with Verratti. He even got owned by our older midfield

serghei

Laurent Blanc already said during a pre-game press conference that Nasser would not even listen to 100M+ offers when asked about Verratti.

Maybe Verratti wants out. If the player wants out, the club usually sells. Verratti is not Nasser's slave.

Bertus

Maybe Verratti wants out. If the player wants out, the club usually sells. Verratti is not Nasser's slave.

He so wants out that RMC revealed today that his contract renewal is happening soon.

Also, Verratti said 10 times in 2 months when asked again and again that he will not leave PSG unless Nasser wants him out.

Don't tell me the next argument will be "but maybe nasser wants him out?" :neymar:

Leo_Messi

Let's not waste our time with Verratti. He even got owned by our older midfield

:facepalm:

Verratti performed very well against us overall this season in the 4 games that we played against him and PSG.

Not only that Verratti would fit our team exceptionally well which any knowledgeable football fan is able to see.

No wonder that you want us to pay 100 million euros for Pogba. You probably think that there are no other options out there.

serghei

He so wants out that RMC revealed today that his contract renewal is happening soon.

Also, Verratti said 10 times in 2 months when asked again and again that he will not leave PSG unless Nasser wants him out.

OK then. Everybody's happy.

Bertus

:facepalm:

Verratti performed very well against us overall this season in the 4 games that we played against him and PSG.
This.

Verratti is actually the sol parisian that performed well each time against Barca, with the first leg in 1/4 being his worst perf but still miles ahead of any other PSG players including Marquinhos.

Leo_Messi

This.

Verratti is actually the sol parisian that performed well each time against Barca, with the first leg in 1/4 being his worst perf but still miles ahead of other PSG players including Marquinhos.

Exactly. But hey, he does not have a fancy haircut (not that I care about haircuts), there are not as many fancy Youtube videos with him out there and he does not score as many goals. Especially volleys!

How anyone can claim that he was bad against us this season (let alone in previous seasons) or that he would not fit our team and playing style (whether the current one or a more "pure" Tika-Taka style of play) is beyond me really.

Home of Barca Fans