Marco Verratti

MaxY

Devil May Cry
That is just an example. Remove verratti and add pogba and Ronaldo. They have much better chances at CL. Even bale and pogba also. Pogba and benzema maybe.

That makes no sense. Let's say that Verratti goes for 100 M,by which logic can you add Pogba and Ronaldo/Bale for that money?

Jair Ventura

I think what he was saying is that Verratti isn't game changer enough for PSG to win a CL without good strikers, while they could compensate his absence by getting a world class striker and have more chances at CL.

I agree though that Benzema wasn't the best example of a world class striker ^^

I edited my post to further emphasize my point.

But Verratti was a top 3 player for PSG this season, maybe even their best. He's also 22 years old and on contract through the next 4 seasons. Suggesting they need sell him for strikers because he isn't "game changing" enough, whatever that means, when they have two strikers that scored 30 goals in all competition this season is nonsensical.

Jair Ventura

Sell cavani and add another few bucks, i am sure psg can manage.

Or they could keep both as intended and buy who they want with all they money have. Even if you think they'll be significantly handicapped this summer, they won't be next summer and beyond.

BBZ8800

That makes no sense. Let's say that Verratti goes for 100 M,by which logic can you add Pogba and Ronaldo/Bale for that money?

I started this mess, so I will try to explain it.

This is what I would do if I would be a Psg's owner.
If I would want to strengthen my team, but I don't have the money or the rules don't allow me to buy before I sell, then the player who can go for the highest amount of money, and yet is somewhat replacable (and not a game changer) is Verratti.

Now, imagine Real paying 100M for Verratti.
Then, for 20M you can get a decent replacement, in let's say Gundogan.
He is not that good, but it is not as if Psg will crash suddenly with Gundgogan instead of Verratti.

On the other hand, Psg would have 80M left, and if they add 20-30-50M, they can buy, let's say Cr7 for 100-130M.

Their midfield wouldn't be that much weaker, and yet their attack and overall chances would be much bigger.

Anyway, no need to get into larger discussions about this.
My point was that I don't think that Verratti is Messi, the guy whom you would never sell, no matter what.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Or they could keep both as intended and buy who they want with all they money have. Even if you think they'll be significantly handicapped this summer, they won't be next summer and beyond.

So you believe psg squad is enough to compete for CL? They have to invest, if they are restricted by ffp they can't do anything. Because if they sell verratti pogba will cost just as much. But if they really want pogba they need to sell verratti no other way to look at it. That is what Perez is trying to do anyway.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Best thing for psg to do would be keep verratti sign lacazetta and good RB and maybe if possible di Maria.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I started this mess, so I will try to explain it.

This is what I would do if I would be a Psg's owner.
If I would want to strengthen my team, but I don't have the money or the rules don't allow me to buy before I sell, then the player who can go for the highest amount of money, and yet is somewhat replacable (and not a game changer) is Verratti.

Now, imagine Real paying 100M for Verratti.
Then, for 20M you can get a decent replacement, in let's say Gundogan.
He is not that good, but it is not as if Psg will crash suddenly with Gundgogan instead of Verratti.

On the other hand, Psg would have 80M left, and if they add 20-30-50M, they can buy, let's say Cr7 for 100-130M.

Their midfield wouldn't be that much weaker, and yet their attack and overall chances would be much bigger.

Anyway, no need to get into larger discussions about this.
My point was that I don't think that Verratti is Messi, the guy whom you would never sell, no matter what.

I agree with you,that's why I specifically quoted the guy who said Verratti out, Pogba and Ronaldo/Bale in. Verratti out for 100 M, Pogba + Ronaldo/Bale would cost at least like 220 M which is borderline impossible.

Jair Ventura

So you believe psg squad is enough to compete for CL? They have to invest, if they are restricted by ffp they can't do anything. Because if they sell verratti pogba will cost just as much. But if they really want pogba they need to sell verratti no other way to look at it. That is what Perez is trying to do anyway.

Juventus is in this years final... Yes, I believe Paris has class enough to reach a final, what they need is luck. The only difference between they, Bayern, or the aforementioned Italian club this season was the stage at which they faced Barca.

I don't understand why you all continue to be so caught up on FFP when restrictions are due to be rolled back or significantly nixed in little over a month. Every if they aren't, Paris will be free to spend whatever they like in a year. Paris has plenty of young promising players: Verratti, Marquinhos, Lucas, Aurier, Rabiot, Pastore - there is no desperation to invest.

Nasser doesn't need Perez to get Pogba.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I agree with you,that's why I specifically quoted the guy who said Verratti out, Pogba and Ronaldo/Bale in. Verratti out for 100 M, Pogba + Ronaldo/Bale would cost at least like 220 M which is borderline impossible.

It is very difficult but not impossible. Ronaldo will not go for 100M. He will be sold for 60M imo. Dude is on the wrong side of 30's. Sell cavani and verratti and get Ronaldo and pogba (maybe add 20M and only possible if verratti goes for 100m and get pogba for little less than that)

Whatever these things only happen in FIFA. Do we even need to discuss it? The point is they will have much better chances if somehow this happens. This is after hearing rumours about how Perez is trying for psg to sign pogba and stuff like that.

again this makes no sense. why in the world would you imply that Pogba +Ronaldo/cavani is better or more realistic or cheaper than Verratti+ Ronaldo /cavani ?

Icarium

Lifestealer
They wont get Ronaldo unless they sell verratti. Isn't that obvious?

Pogba to psg. Verratti to real. Ronaldo to psg

MaxY

Devil May Cry
It is very difficult but not impossible. Ronaldo will not go for 100M. He will be sold for 60M imo. Dude is on the wrong side of 30's. Sell cavani and verratti and get Ronaldo and pogba (maybe add 20M and only possible if verratti goes for 100m and get pogba for little less than that)

Whatever these things only happen in FIFA. Do we even need to discuss it? The point is they will have much better chances if somehow this happens. This is after hearing rumours about how Perez is trying for psg to sign pogba and stuff like that.

Yeah,we can stop discussing it after this. Cristiano Ronaldo or CR7 isn't just a player , he's a brand. He's the most marketable player in the world, any club that buys him would see a huge rise in shirt sales,game attendances, fans etc. Even if he isn't worth it since he's over 30 he would still easily go for 90-100 M.

Uh, you mean a swap + cash deal ? Hadn't thought of that. Its true it's more likely to happen in theory, but i'm very confident neither will move this summer.

Home of Barca Fans