Mario Gomez

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I think Gomez is a very good player.. I wonder what he would be like in the PL...... Who was the better player in the German League... Dzeko or Gomez?
Its always hard to say whos better as many players are just too different. Both however have similar preferences (both want space to do forward runs from deep). But then Gomez is stronger physically and a better finisher, while Dzeko is a more techincal player with better touch and mobility on the ball in crowded zones. If i had the choice id rather take Dzeko for my team, but i guess it doesnt make a huge difference in the end - also for tactical reasons as both imo like the same playing style.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
El Tren you always say something good lol. And your right.
I personally really want to see what kind of season he has this year. Many of his goals came from being n just the right spot...but that's just a skill of his realy. It's not a coincidence it happen so many times. And with bayern looking like it's on the rise with some good signing im curious to see how many he can bag this year. If i remember he had a pretty lackluster 2009/10 season. But the one before that with Sttugart(spelling I know) he had over 30 goals again. I believe the Gomez we saw this past season was the true Super Mario. And as mentioned above he just turned 26. I think he has plenty more potential to bring out. Especially with the national team where he is starting to shine. He still has a lot of work to be able to take over for Klose when the time comes.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Really depends on how Klose will do at Lazio, as Löw seemingly prefers Klose over Gomez too ... like van Gaal actually did too. Klose just had no confidence or just wasnt in good mental shape at that time to use his potential. It was kinda strange and maybe the move to Lazio and a new environment will help him getting there again.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Yeah Klose has always been a top striker in my book. I used to feel bad for Gomez though so im kind of happy to see him taking his chances...but I also hope Klose does awesome at Lazio. Im watching the Bayern vs Milan audi cup game right now and it's pretty great so far. Gomez is just...freaking strong idk lol. The whole team impresses me but man Gomez is just unstopable at times. Really impressed with his movement and control.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Not to mention, he is half German. Not to mention, he wouldn't make it ahead of Guiza in the pecking order. Not to mention, other unmentionable points why he is playing for the right National team.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
wtf man!? Super Mario >>> Guiza

You would have made a point if you said he would be below Llorente in the pecking order.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Actually he's right, as mediocre as Guiza is, Gomez makes Guiza and Llorente look like Iniesta on the ball.

His mixture of positioning and athleticism make him perfect for Germany, but someone with a complete inability to dribble or pass the ball would be worthless for Spain.

You guys missed Raed's point yet again.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Actually he's right, as mediocre as Guiza is, Gomez makes Guiza and Llorente look like Iniesta on the ball.

His mixture of positioning and athleticism make him perfect for Germany, but someone with a complete inability to dribble or pass the ball would be worthless for Spain.

You guys missed Raed's point yet again.

If Fernando Torres can make THIS Spain's squad then so can Gomez.

Home of Barca Fans