Mario Gomez

Galning

Gomez at Barça? Yeah.. the guy can't pass even if his life depended on it. Pinto is probably better on the ball than him. And why would we want yet another attacker?

DennyCrane

How about him for a striker for us.... a tall striker.
His agent said that he will leave bayern this summer.
your thoughts???

i think for a decent fee he could be a good asset. Against the teams who defend a lot. He is strong in the air and good with the feet as well.

He's a pretty much old-school no.9 which simply won't work for Barca unless we choose to play 3-3-4 which isn't going to happen. He isn't versatile, like at all, and with Leo being glued to the false 9 Marios' playing time would be limes zero.
Other than that, there is no such thing as a decent fee when buying from Bayern.

Given that he's a 10+ mil earner at the moment, I see Napoli and Fiorentina out of the race for him - ManC and Chelsea being the only realistic options left for him.

Ghost

:amazed:
Mandzukic is by far the better player, Gomes cannot pass and more than once he almost scored, while trying to control the ball. His first touch is that bad.

Both are strikers, and when it comes to goal-scoring, Gomez is so much better than Manzukic.

I couldn't care less about his passing abilty or how he is not versatile enough to play for Barca; I never said I wanted him to join us anyway. I'm simply stating that he is way better than Mandzukic when it comes to goal-scoring.

hoersle

lol Mandzkukic is much better :pep:

No he is not. Mandzkukic had one good season and Gómez's goal rates have been among the best in europe for years now. I don#t even get all the critisicm; he made many goals for vfb stuttgart - without ribery/robben. When Ribery and Robben where injured, everyone said Gómez only scored BECAUSE they where injured. now everyone is like "he would never score without them". And what the bee is wrong with his technique?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d7EtgscxOGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jr_B1N-5GO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/auxv-DoWEms / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auxv-DoWEms

Furthermore Gómez has been Munichs top striker even in this season as his goal per minutes rate shows. (Sorry, I am to tired to find some sources, maybe i'll look for them tomorrow.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4RpMcjOM-s0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess he just not very liked in Germany because everyone is dissapointed that he is, although being a top striker, no German Messi. (Well, not seriously, but i still don't get the criticism.)

Last edited:
He is better than Mandzukic at getting into Goal scoring opportunities but apart from that I believe Mandzukic is the better player in most departments, better at taking on players, better target man and also helps the team with build up plus he helps with the defending. Gomez is also inconsistent against the big teams, in EURO2012 he plays amazing against Holland but plays like a frigging Donkey vs Italy

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Yeah Gomez is a weird one. But I swear he is one of the most underrated players. One of the best finishers in the world and the current poacher king! As far as pure strikers go this guy is on the top shelf. He is definitely inconsistent when it comes to big games though =\. People don't give him enough credit though.

hoersle

:pep:
He is better than Mandzukic at getting into Goal scoring opportunities but apart from that I believe Mandzukic is the better player in most departments, better at taking on players, better target man and also helps the team with build up plus he helps with the defending. Gomez is also inconsistent against the big teams, in EURO2012 he plays amazing against Holland but plays like a frigging Donkey vs Italy

Well... German Cup Final: Bayern + Gómez 3 : 0 Vfb
Bayern + Mandzukic 0 : 2 Vfb

(I know, it's just one game :D )

Meitux

Either way,since his injury he was never going to be back at the starting 11 with Mandzukic playing good.Cause afterall bayern dont need a static CF like Gomez without any technique or something and just wait in the box from others to provide him

hoersle

Either way,since his injury he was never going to be back at the starting 11 with Mandzukic playing good.Cause afterall bayern dont need a static CF like Gomez without any technique or something and just wait in the box from others to provide him

I still don't get why everyone thinks he doesn't have any technique or why mandzukic is suppusoed to be better. Mandzukic's technique is tackling hard and ...well yeah, poaching. Gómez is also working for his team : he tries to find holes in the defense and therefore binds the defense. Gómez has been the most efficient striker in bundesliga this season and mandzukic has only three assists more than Gómez (if I remeber correctly it is 7 vs 4 in Bundesliga, Championsleague and DFB - Cup). In the second half of the season it sometimes looked as if mandzukic was missing in the box because he had 'better' things to do somewhere else (well that is at least my opinion).
I also don't think the Bavarians where better than last season because of Mandzukic, they where better as a whole team. Last season they only got into the championsleague final because of Gómez and they didn't lose it because of him, they lost as a team. And now everyone thinks gómez is bad as something just because Hoeness said so after the final and this guy says many things.
Wow I didn't want to say so much about Gómez, but I sometimes I think his image is worse than it should be just because scholl and hoeness blurted out some rubbish as they do most of the time (in my opinion of course - don't mean to insult them, maybe i just don't get what they say when they talk).

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Only because he knew that he wasn't wanted there and would play second fiddle. He deserved more then that. Imo he wouldnt have lost his spot to Mandz if he never got injured.

Home of Barca Fans