Mario Gotze

loozy

But how would they know about the deal? I don't doubt it, it's something mou would do, but someone'd have to tell him.

It's also something that Bayern would do, in all honesty. They are in major trouble right now in regards to Hoeneß and need good press before the Barca-match. It makes much more sense than Real pulling something like this.

Banana-Rama

How I am happy there are no release clauses in contracts in england like in Spain and Germany.

there is no rule against release clauses for premier league players, some players do have them, diame at west ham has a very low release clause from what i have read, this news about gotze is really sad to hear, another great talent hoovered up by the greedy juggernaut that is bayern munich. the dortmund team is getting picked apart with lewandowski about to leave aswell, dortmund have done everything right in terms of scouting players and getting them cheap, showing faith in an up and coming manager and doing very shrewd transfer business, but its still not enough to compete with bayern in the long term. football has become a sport where the top talent gets hoovered up by a small group of elite clubs, which is quite sad to be honest, the dortmund fans must be devastated, especially with the timing of the news. I said it before and i will say it again, it is time for a european super league, put all the elite clubs in there own league and let them play each other every week...

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Didn't Demba Ba have a release clause?

Sad to hear this news, just last week Bayern came out and said that they wouldn't weaken the Bundesliga anymore and now this shit comes out.

Kerrybai

It's also something that Bayern would do, in all honesty. They are in major trouble right now in regards to Hoeneß and need good press before the Barca-match. It makes much more sense than Real pulling something like this.
Check out the newspapers in the morning and update us on what they are focusing on ;)
Didn't Demba Ba have a release clause?

Yeah for 7 million I believe.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Where to even begin... I for one am truly shocked that this is actually true and that he would betray Dortmund like that and push for this transfer. This is very VERY disappointing.

1. Not an even slightly respectable move on his part. I used to applaud him for being one of the more loyal youngsters in football and I thought he had his priorities straight and some ethical boundaries, but this is just a completely horrible way to repay Dortmund.

2. Klopp himself was having so much trouble keeping his cool when commenting on it, and I don't blame him at all. This must frustrate him a lot as it'll be hard to rebuild Dortmund after a loss like this.

3. One transfer may not seem that important, however it's more of a symbolic one than purely literal. Gotze was the icon of Dortmund's rise to European power and he was the idol of the team. How lost will the club be when that icon is gone and the future star player they raised is moving to their rivals. He went from leading the next generation to success to jumping ship. Dortmund will now be viewed as more of a selling club. Along with Gotze, there will be several other players to leave such as Lewandowksi, Hummels, Sahin, and maybe even Gundogan. There is a HUGE loss of hope after this...

4. Bayern have not only secured the signing of a phenomenal youngster who'll contend for the Ballon D'or within a few years, they've successfully sparked the collapse of their main domestic rivals and are going to rise up phenomenally with young players like Shaqiri, Kroos, Martinez, Gotze, Muller, Alaba, etc. all under the guidance of Guardiola. This means the Bundesliga will definitely be a monopoly for many years to come with no competitive title race. It's even possible that they could go on to dominate in Europe continuously with all the funds they get.

5. Gotze looks set to be the focal point of a 2nd false 9 experiment at Bayern and Germany. Will he ever reach the levels of Messi? No. He doesn't have that level of brilliance and the sheer talent of a once in a century player. He'll have his own style (I presume he'll be more on the playmaking side of a false 9) and no doubt he has the potential to become a truly world class player.

6. He will always be remembered for this move. It's quite a memorable thing to do and the only way it'll be played down in the future is if Dortmund stoop low enough for people to forget that he transferred from rivals on an equal level, not just a small club.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Bayern will lose so much of their power if they try Gotze at false 9. It seems like the total anti-thesis to the Bayern style of play

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bayern will lose so much of their power if they try Gotze at false 9. It seems like the total anti-thesis to the Bayern style of play

Remember that Pep is gonna reconstruct the team. He might not change the formation, but he'll adapt the system to fit around Gotze. That has to be the main reason that Gotze was convinced to leave Dortmund. He was told he would spearhead Guardiola's new project at Bayern and he couldn't resist that.

Home of Barca Fans