Mario Gotze

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't think they have the players for the system. Bayern's major strengths are physicality and fast vertical runs with the ball by wingers and overlapping full-backs who cross into the centre. No place for midgets.

It would be stupid IMO. Here's a team that's probably gonna win the treble destroying every team in the process. And Pep comes and messes around the system with his false 9. It's a total lose-lose situation for him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Valid points. I'd say Gotze will be given a free roaming role as a #10 behind the striker, but either way a focal point in attack as players make runs for him to link on with or play through balls to.

Although Gotze has played as a false 9 for Germany if I'm not mistaken. I'm not a follower of their NT but does anyone know if the experiment with him playing there was successful? If it worked for Germany than it'll work even better for Bayern with Pep there as a seasoned tactician and avid user of false 9 football.

Barca8

I'm just as horrified as DonAndres.
This is on par with a Barca/RM player switching sides... with the exception that both Barcelona & Madrid wouldn't have a lot of trouble finding success after the loss of a player. Dortmund on the other hand will suffer dearly and won't be able to reach the heights they have this season.

Gotze leaving will sadly leave the door open for others like Lewandowski, Hummels, Subotic, Reus to leave as well.
I do hope Bayern choke in the final yet again... I can't stand Mourinho so I hope Dortmund win the final.

Dinho

They should just play a 4-2-3-1 like this:

Mandžukić

Ribéry---------Kroos---------Götze

Martínez Schweinsteiger

I have a feeling that Robben and Gómez will leave. Shaqiri has a great future ahead of him, so he can replace Robben in the long term. Højbjerg is coming through the ranks as well and I'm sure they'll sign a centre back to partner Dante, although Badstuber and Boateng are competent defenders and still have room for improvement.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
They should just play a 4-2-3-1 like this:

Mandžukić

Ribéry---------Kroos---------Götze

Martínez Schweinsteiger

I have a feeling that Robben and Gómez will leave. Shaqiri has a great future ahead of him, so he can replace Robben in the long term. Højbjerg is coming through the ranks as well and I'm sure they'll sign a centre back to partner Dante, although Badstuber and Boateng are competent defenders and still have room for improvement.

Where'd Müller go?

E

El Messiah 10

Neuer
Lahm - Badstuber - J.Boateng - Alaba
Schweinsteiger - J.Martinez - Kroos
Lewandowski - T.Muller - Gotze​

Others:

Starke, Riedmuller, Contento, Rafinha, Dante, van Buyten , Tymoschuk, L.Gustavo, E.Can, Shaqiri, Ribery , Mandzukic , C.Pizarro

Sell:

Robben, M.Gomez.

Last edited:

ryuken

Who do guys think suggest this bloodsucking project?

1st step to secure the Bundesliga Crown Next season.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think he's going to play a false nine with Ribery/Muller on the left and Robben/Shaqiri on the right. That would be awesome!

Home of Barca Fans