Mario Gotze

Micah

There's no place for him at our club. We don't need any midfielders and we probably won't need any in the next 10 years.

I think he would be excellent down either wings. He's got the pace, flair, dribbling and creativity in abundance to thrive in either positions. Would have been a top siging for us.

Kerrybai

Go to hell Gotze banner
bjb5fw8cmaadugm.jpg

Galning

Go to hell Gotze banner
bjb5fw8cmaadugm.jpg

First three banners: The pursuit of money shows how much heart a man really has, fuck off Götze.

Must be hard for the fans to deal with. Homegrown talent, arguably the brightest talent in Germany, leaves for your rivals..

loozy

Just a random something I'd like to say, as you mention the rivalry:

This thing with Bayern is pissing me off a bit, I have to admit. Until two seasons ago, nobody gave a flying heap about when BVB played Bayern and all of a sudden it is made up to be this huge rivarly that is bigger than Schalke vs Dortmund or Hamburg vs Bremen, in regards to history and everything. It is nowhere near something like a clasico and it will take some years until it is close to it (they don't call it a clasico without a reason and so far, there is a distinct lack of great derbies and stuff). If Dortmund can keep it up, then yes, in a couple of years we will have something like a big rivalry but for now it is, at least to me, just the two best clubs playing against each other. Overhyping at its best.

That being said: I maintain that Dortmund does not have the best fans in the world, otherwise they wouldn't do stuff like that.

Kerrybai

I know, I haven't been to match a since, but boy, it was worth it :D

Poor Bale :lol:

First three banners: The pursuit of money shows how much heart a man really has, fuck off Götze.

Must be hard for the fans to deal with. Homegrown talent, arguably the brightest talent in Germany, leaves for your rivals..
I wouldn't mind so much if he had stayed at Dortmund for another 3-4 years, but leaving so young is disappointing.

Galning

This thing with Bayern is pissing me off a bit, I have to admit. Until two seasons ago, nobody gave a flying heap about when BVB played Bayern and all of a sudden it is made up to be this huge rivarly that is bigger than Schalke vs Dortmund or Hamburg vs Bremen, in regards to history and everything. It is nowhere near something like a clasico and it will take some years until it is close to it (they don't call it a clasico without a reason and so far, there is a distinct lack of great derbies and stuff). If Dortmund can keep it up, then yes, in a couple of years we will have something like a big rivalry but for now it is, at least to me, just the two best clubs playing against each other. Overhyping at its best.

That being said: I maintain that Dortmund does not have the best fans in the world, otherwise they wouldn't do stuff like that.

I probably should've used another word than "rivals". What I mean is that at the moment they are their biggest competitors for the league title. Maybe "leaving for their adversary" :p

Kerrybai

It's just like Chesea - United. That rivalry has never gotten anywhere near the level of Arsenal-United from a decade ago, it's just a case of 2 of the biggest teams going head to head.

I like Gotze and understand why he is leaving but I think the fans have every right to vent their anger.

loozy

I probably should've used another word than "rivals". What I mean is that at the moment they are their biggest competitors for the league title. Maybe "leaving for their adversary" :p

Hehe; it is a rivalry at the moment, yes, but it is not something big yet, which is what I am having the beef with; yesterday at the German version of MotD they actually asked for a name for the match, for something akin to el clasico. Epic facepalming was epic.

It's just like Chesea - United. That rivalry has never gotten anywhere near the level of Arsenal-United from a decade ago, it's just a case of 2 of the biggest teams going head to head.

I like Gotze and understand why he is leaving but I think the fans have every right to vent their anger.

:beer2:

Ursegor

World Champion
It's the most fucked up transfer of all time tbh. There are some transfers like the RvP to United one and that's not ok but you can at least understand the reasoning behind it. RvP was never going to win anything at Arsenal and he was already 29 years old. It can be justified. Götze is only 20. He's a Dortmund youth product since age 9. More than half of his life he's spent with Dortmund. He is only playing in the first division for 3 seasons now and in that time he has won 2 championships (over Bayern), 1 domestic cup (over Bayern) and they are in the CL final which they can win (over Bayern). Furthermore his team clearly shows ambitions by buying players like Reus. There is absolutely no justification for him leaving for Bayern.

Home of Barca Fans