Mario Gotze

Morten

Putting hatred aside, its not really the position Liverpool need to strengthen. Coutinho is cam, one of/if not their best player. Gøtze is cam too.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Putting hatred aside, its not really the position Liverpool need to strengthen. Coutinho is cam, one of/if not their best player. Gøtze is cam too.

Coutinho is so overrated, though. Gets into a good position, takes a long shot 9/10 times.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Be careful what you wish for, Gøtze is the type of person to take the first best offer from city, united, chelski when he start playing well for you.

Sammer already dismissed the BS and said no way.

Of course he is not going to leave next summer. He is going to see how he fares under Ancelotti first.

Yannik

He kinda convinces me as a striker, much more than as a playmaker. Has also been on the false 9 numerous times at Bayern and Germany. I think a move to the PL to Liverpool or Arsenal as a striker could really actually fire up his career. Small strikers are simply barely edging it in the Bundesliga. At Liverpool he'd be comfortably the best finisher after Sturridge

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He is a central attacking midfielder and that is where he should play. Inverted winger would work also. Certainly no winger and also no striker imo.

Yannik

A lot of people say that, but he doesnt convince me as a playmaker. He was good there in his Dortmund days, but he just isnt the player he was anymore, he changed a lot and has lost his quickness, also his vision just isnt comparable to other high ranked international playmakers. Maybe he convinced at CAM, because Dortmunds football was extraordinary quick under Klopp and there wasnt really a lot of creativity needed because the spaces were wide enough to make the passing options easy. At Bayern he played CAM a couple of times, and he just couldnt get his passes through the stacked defense lines.

The only thing he really excells at is his finishing, aswell as his positioning. Even his heading ability looks quite good, he looks much of a striker than a CAM and I think that's why Löw and Guardiola used him there often.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To me his best position is a false 9. He can't be a truly No.9 obviously. CAM works but under Guardiola Bayern hardly has a CAM.

Speaking of Goetze there are rumors from Spanish media (AS to be specific, I believe) allegedly quoting Bild which I have not seen at all saying that both we and Real Madrid are interested in signing him next summer. I call it BS. I do agree that moving to the likes of Liverpool will be good for him.

Yannik

To me his best position is a false 9. He can't be a truly No.9 obviously. CAM works but under Guardiola Bayern hardly has a CAM.

Speaking of Goetze there are rumors from Spanish media (AS to be specific, I believe) allegedly quoting Bild which I have not seen at all saying that both we and Real Madrid are interested in signing him next summer. I call it BS. I do agree that moving to the likes of Liverpool will be good for him.

RM would be absolutely retarded, no need to explain why. At this point of his career he needs to take a step back to move forward.

Yeah Bayern doesnt really have a CAM, but I dont see him succeeding in that role anyway, at least not for Bayern. People are vastly overrating his creator-abilitys, any team reliant on him as their main playmaker would comfortably starve. I also think that a false 9 or a shadow striker really seems to suit his strengths the most, he's quite effective inside the penalty area and he has end-product. Preferably a team that is fast on the ball would suit him. Especially a reunion with Klopp sounds very interesting as I have to say.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
RM would be absolutely retarded, no need to explain why. At this point of his career he needs to take a step back to move forward.

Yeah Bayern doesnt really have a CAM, but I dont see him succeeding in that role anyway, at least not for Bayern. People are vastly overrating his creator-abilitys, any team reliant on him as their main playmaker would comfortably starve. I also think that a false 9 or a shadow striker really seems to suit his strengths the most, he's quite effective inside the penalty area and he has end-product. Preferably a team that is fast on the ball would suit him. Especially a reunion with Klopp sounds very interesting as I have to say.

Yeah, to me Goetze is more like Hazard than a true CAM like Oezil.

We don't have a place for him either, I do not think he can play Iniesta's position. Reuniting with Klopp would be the best. But anyways, he is staying with Bayern and it all depends on how Ancelotti plans to use him.

Yannik

haha i dont know so much about the Hazard conparison, for some reason they both look like total paradoxes. Hazard has phenomenal ability, but is lacking end product, while Götze is lacking in almost all departments and still ends up on the statboard surprisingly often. He's like the player that scores 2 goals and assists one in actually the worst match he had all season. Although my knowledge about Götze is far greater than about Hazard since I dont watch Chelsea matches as oftena s Bayern. At least whenever I saw Hazard he looked like a constant threat, who is always failing on the finish line for all sorts of ridiculous reasons, sometimes when he couldnt even be blamed for it or was jsut unlucky.

Maybe Ancelotti can revitalize Götze's career a bit. I'm already talking of him worse than he actually is, he has been alright before his injury. I just cant see him getting past a fit Bayern offense line. But yeah lets see what plans Ancelotti has with Götze.

Home of Barca Fans