Mario Gotze

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I can totally see Goetze thriving under Ancelotti if we judge the latter by his Real Madrid tenure.

Ancelotti loves playing 4-3-3 or a slightly different 4-2-3-1, Goetze could play directly behind Lewandowski with Thiago and Vidal/Alonso/Martinez/Kimmich behind him. Or he could be like the Isco of Bayern and venture slightly toward the left.

I can totally see Goetze thriving under Ancelotti if we judge the latter by his Real Madrid tenure.

Ancelotti loves playing 4-3-3 or a slightly different 4-2-3-1, Goetze could play directly behind Lewandowski with Thiago and Vidal/Alonso/Martinez/Kimmich behind him. Or he could be like the Isco of Bayern and venture slightly toward the left.

A little problem... Where do you put Müller then - he is no winger. And there is enough great players for the wing in the team with Robbery, Costa, Coman

This "he could" is discussed everywhere...

The reality is that if Sportbild is believed Bayern did not even give him an offer for a renewal - less than 18 months prior to the end of his contract. And that in a club that takes care of contracts early - especially with players that are important for them (all other 2017 endings already have new contracts - and most of 2018 contracts, too).

Götze came to Bayern with a superstar wage - the exact number is not known but that does not really matter. As he was the hyped next German superstar.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A little problem... Where do you put Müller then - he is no winger. And there is enough great players for the wing in the team with Robbery, Costa, Coman

This "he could" is discussed everywhere...

The reality is that if Sportbild is believed Bayern did not even give him an offer for a renewal - less than 18 months prior to the end of his contract. And that in a club that takes care of contracts early - especially with players that are important for them (all other 2017 endings already have new contracts - and most of 2018 contracts, too).

Götze came to Bayern with a superstar wage - the exact number is not known but that does not really matter. As he was the hyped next German superstar.

Yeah, that is a good point, Bayern's midfield is so stacked that you will struggle to find a place to accommodate everybody no matter what formation you deploy. Mueller certainly should not and will not be dropped. He could either play the CAM or false 9 behind Lewandowski or he could play the RW position as he has done many times in the past. Robben will be phased out in 2 years, I think. Perhaps Coman will need to bide his time then.

Do you seriously think Bayern will be putting Goetze up for sale?

Yeah, that is a good point, Bayern's midfield is so stacked that you will struggle to find a place to accommodate everybody no matter what formation you deploy. Mueller certainly should not and will not be dropped. He could either play the CAM or false 9 behind Lewandowski or he could play the RW position as he has done many times in the past. Robben will be phased out in 2 years, I think. Perhaps Coman will need to bide his time then.

Do you seriously think Bayern will be putting Goetze up for sale?

It already looked in summer like they would not mind if Götze would come with a good offer and go. In all the transfer talk about Müller that was exactly that what Killer-Kalle said about Götze. And as it is told now of de Bruyne's agent Bayern already had an agreement with de Bruyne.

Until now the Götze transfer was the total desaster for Bayern. Even if nobody knows the figures - he came with a superstar wage but his performances were that of a bench player. You could argue that he had some goals and assists - but if you look deeper into them none of that even was really decisive. He is not an Iniesta or comparable - he is not a build up player and has about 30 passes each match. A player for the final third - and them you have to judge with the end product.

It looks right now that they have not even offered him a new contract - but if you would do that today, what wage would you offer him? The equivalent to his performance right now - what would get him in a wage category with players like e.g. Rafinha or Badstuber, probably less than what he earns today. Still on the scale of today hoping that somewhen the hype he produced years ago will bear fruit? A raise?

Fair and economically right would be a wage of about half of that what he earns right now - and that is probably the reason why Bayern did not offer him a new contract - Götze and his agent would not accept that. And there is still the EPL and clubs that might think that he will develop as hyped before who might pay what he earns today or even more.

If there is no new contract after 2017 there is just two options - let him leave with a transfer sum in 2016 - or without any in 2017. So yes, if he comes with a club who is willing to pay a decent transfer sum that is about the sum Bayern got him - and the 37 million from 3 years ago aren't that high today anymore - they will let him go.

-----------

No. Müller's position for sure is not in question - and as he is best behind a striker - if there is no big injuries he will work there, too. Even Pep the control freak prefers him there and recently seems to have found out that you have to leave him more freedom. The wings - there is Costa, there is still Robben and Ribery for the next two years and there is Coman. And two years are a long time, too - you do not know what possibilities arise in that time. Some think that Ribery's time is over - I have the feeling he will offer a lot in the next two years.

You know - Bayern had a lot of players that were the stars at their teams or seemed to be the new messias before they came to Munich - the most time that did not work out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It already looked in summer like they would not mind if Götze would come with a good offer and go. In all the transfer talk about Müller that was exactly that what Killer-Kalle said about Götze. And as it is told now of de Bruyne's agent Bayern already had an agreement with de Bruyne.

Until now the Götze transfer was the total desaster for Bayern. Even if nobody knows the figures - he came with a superstar wage but his performances were that of a bench player. You could argue that he had some goals and assists - but if you look deeper into them none of that even was really decisive. He is not an Iniesta or comparable - he is not a build up player and has about 30 passes each match. A player for the final third - and them you have to judge with the end product.

It looks right now that they have not even offered him a new contract - but if you would do that today, what wage would you offer him? The equivalent to his performance right now - what would get him in a wage category with players like e.g. Rafinha or Badstuber, probably less than what he earns today. Still on the scale of today hoping that somewhen the hype he produced years ago will bear fruit? A raise?

Fair and economically right would be a wage of about half of that what he earns right now - and that is probably the reason why Bayern did not offer him a new contract - Götze and his agent would not accept that. And there is still the EPL and clubs that might think that he will develop as hyped before who might pay what he earns today or even more.

If there is no new contract after 2017 there is just two options - let him leave with a transfer sum in 2016 - or without any in 2017. So yes, if he comes with a club who is willing to pay a decent transfer sum that is about the sum Bayern got him - and the 37 million from 3 years ago aren't that high today anymore - they will let him go.

-----------

No. Müller's position for sure is not in question - and as he is best behind a striker - if there is no big injuries he will work there, too. Even Pep the control freak prefers him there and recently seems to have found out that you have to leave him more freedom. The wings - there is Costa, there is still Robben and Ribery for the next two years and there is Coman. And two years are a long time, too - you do not know what possibilities arise in that time. Some think that Ribery's time is over - I have the feeling he will offer a lot in the next two years.

You know - Bayern had a lot of players that were the stars at their teams or seemed to be the new messias before they came to Munich - the most time that did not work out.

In my opinion, Bayern absolutely will not sell Goetze this coming summer, not before they have a chance to see how he performs under Ancelotti. If it works out, great, they will surely extend his contract but if it doesn't (I still think he will as Ancelotti's style suits his. Whether he will be a starter or a rotation player will be the question) they might extend with him anyway to prevent him from walking out for free.

You brought up a good point, his wage. I think rumor has it that Goetze is making 10m a year, which is on par with Lahm, Ribery and Schweinsteiger before he left, more than Mueller before they gave him a raise, and much more than Robben and the rest of the squad? If they do extend with him, they might not offer a raise at all.

Douglas Costa and Coman, two great finds, perfect replacement for Robbery. I too believe Robbery has a lot left to offer in the next 2 years, that's why I think you guys will have a hard time trying to accommodate everybody. Mueller even commented yesterday on the morale in Bayern's dressing room, to which he allegedly said that players are more in harmony when you only have 11 fit players and when you have a lot of fit and healthy players it is less so, something to that effect.

A total desaster? :facepalm: What an absolute exaggeration and nonsense of course. It didnt look at all like Bayern were open to offers last summer. That was just BS in the media..like these days the reports about an interest in Higuain..just cos Rummenigge being in Italy with his buddies and making some compliments resulting in countless reports about Bayern wanting to buy him and wanna sell Lewandowski :lol: Their stand has always been the same, that this season ll decide the future of Götze. Thats also the reason, why Bayern havent opened talks about an extension yet. Problem was/is, that Götze got injured after a good start of the season, where he played regularly. Bayern r trying to use this situation as a motivation for Götze to prove his worth, as u have mentioned, he is already earning good money and they want to see Götze justifying that wage. They just think its time to show some balls and not blowing sugar into his a**. Nothing indicates, that Bayern would be open to offers and the case is still open with an extension absolutely possible. Its a risky game though and I wouldnt be surprised to see him leaving.

Midfield is stacked? Seriously? Lets take a look:

There r Alonso and Kimmich for CDM and that is ok (Martinez could play there too), but the CM? There is Thiago and he is amazing, but he also has been very injury prone. Who else is there being creative and able to structure the game? There is Vidal, who is very versatile and the light version of him with Rode..both more runners without being exeptional passers. Then u have Götze, who is more an AM and not ZM. So there is only an injury prone Thiago and I m very sure, that Bayern r going to buy another midfielder to be not totally dependent on him anymore. Players, that would fit that profile r for example Gündogan, Pjanic and Dahoud and the player ll take over the place of Rode.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Midfield is stacked? Seriously? Lets take a look:

There r Alonso and Kimmich for CDM and that is ok (Martinez could play there too), but the CM? There is Thiago and he is amazing, but he also has been very injury prone. Who else is there being creative and able to structure the game? There is Vidal, who is very versatile and the light version of him with Rode..both more runners without being exeptional passers. Then u have Götze, who is more an AM and not ZM. So there is only an injury prone Thiago and I m very sure, that Bayern r going to buy another midfielder to be not totally dependent on him anymore. Players, that would fit that profile r for example Gündogan, Pjanic and Dahoud and the player ll take over the place of Rode.

Does Bayern really need a true CM though? They let Kroos go after all. Thank you, I completely forgot about Rode, Bayern's midfield has 8 players (10 if we count Lahm and Alaba) competing for 3 spots (whether it is 4-3-3, 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-3-1) so it will require rotation. 1 out of the 3 will be taken by DMs or quasi-DMs, and 1 likely be taken by Thiago, your closest to a CM, and that leaves just one spot for the AM/CAM. The point is, Goetze's starting position is not guaranteed.

EdmondDantes

Bayern are stacked whichever way one looks at their squad. Perhaps Gotze is seeing how easily De Bruyne has made the transition to the PL and might be tempted to try pastures new himself.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern is almost injury-free at this point

488959617-sport-leistungssport-sportart-fussball-fuball-soccer-football-uefa-championsleague-fussballchampions-MqWPwqMwsa6.jpg

Yannik

That depth is sick. If you had shown me that graphic 3-4 years ago and I saw Robben, Ribery and Vidal's name in smaller font, I would've laughed at you

Does Bayern really need a true CM though? They let Kroos go after all. Thank you, I completely forgot about Rode, Bayern's midfield has 8 players (10 if we count Lahm and Alaba) competing for 3 spots (whether it is 4-3-3, 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-3-1) so it will require rotation. 1 out of the 3 will be taken by DMs or quasi-DMs, and 1 likely be taken by Thiago, your closest to a CM, and that leaves just one spot for the AM/CAM. The point is, Goetze's starting position is not guaranteed.

It is for sure not guaranteed. Costa looks good on a 8/10, too. Rode has better scorer/assists values when he plays than Götze has and is badly underused.

The problem with Götze in the past is not just his performance. He came in with a wage that was over the edge - was injured often - and did not show the performance. Others like e.g. Kroos thought like this there higher wages wishes were justified - he did not get it but it sure had influence on new contracts of others...

It would be Götze's time now to fight for a new contract. But as he is injured and on the way back - and he for sure will miss all of February - that is very difficult. And - if the injury situation stays like this - and there is others Pep needs to keep happy as an unsatisfied Robben or Ribery are ticking time bombs - he even will get less chances for it like before.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is for sure not guaranteed. Costa looks good on a 8/10, too. Rode has better scorer/assists values when he plays than Götze has and is badly underused.

The problem with Götze in the past is not just his performance. He came in with a wage that was over the edge - was injured often - and did not show the performance. Others like e.g. Kroos thought like this there higher wages wishes were justified - he did not get it but it sure had influence on new contracts of others...

It would be Götze's time now to fight for a new contract. But as he is injured and on the way back - and he for sure will miss all of February - that is very difficult. And - if the injury situation stays like this - and there is others Pep needs to keep happy as an unsatisfied Robben or Ribery are ticking time bombs - he even will get less chances for it like before.

Are you sure about that? I thought Goetze was very close to being fully recovered? I thought Rafinha and Ullreich were the only ones who are still somewhat injured?

Also, Goetze HASN'T been injured that often since he joined Bayern. If I am not mistaken, this was his first major injury after the last one that put him out of the CL final against Bayern in 2013. Anyway, I think the key is the next season.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
How reliable is that source? I really like Juventus and there are so many uncertainties around them. Will they let Pogba and/or Dybala leave for huge money? Will RM recall Morata? Also the possibility of signing Benatia,Gotze,Isco. I have a feeling that we'll sell Isco and/or James and go for Gotze...

El Flaco

Götze rumour heats up even further (Süddeutsche Zeitung - german)

According to Röckenhaus, he claims that friends of Götze say, that he not only lost hope for a turnaround of his Bayern career, Götze was also ready to return in 2015, but Bayern asked for too much money.

The bosses of both clubs discussed Götze for the first time at the banquet which was held when Bayern played in Dortmund a couple of weeks ago.
Foreign clubs might be able to pay more money, but the biggest clubs aren't after Götze anymore. Liverpool might be a theoretical contender, but can't offer Champions League football (as of now, they could if the win the EL). Röckenhaus concludes: only Dortmund would make sense for him.

The only risk for Götze might be the opposition of part of the BVB-supporters, but "pro Götze"-factions already began to voice their opinion and Watzke also tries everything to emphasize on Götze's qualities, both as a player and as a human being.

Home of Barca Fans