Marquinhos

Rival

It is a shame. He would have been a great addition to our defense, however [in my opinion] he is definitely not worth 35M in total. He is just 19 years old and has had one good season at Roma. I will keep an eye on him though, as he's a potential future world class CB.

Bertus

What people need to see is if there are clubs willing to pay such a high price.

If no one wanted to buy him 35m, his club would have lowered its price.

It's not fair to other clubs who can't spend that much. But there are always clubs who can't spend more than those just above them.

Now i don't say it's a good deal. But if a rich person or company wants to buy an overpriced item or pay the service of an overrated person, It's not my problem because it's not my money.

same as the case with Hulk and Monaco, really.

Last edited:

Tomchin

I can understand you dislike PSG but you can still show some respect. PSG is not ruining anything, football was already fucked since a long time.
Thx to clubs like City, PSG and Monaco, who pay ridiculous transfer-prices/wages for players, and therefore make it impossible for their competitors to sign players at a normal (decent) price. You honestly can't claim that 35M for a 19-year old is a normal price. Or 64M for a player like Cavani. It's a sad thing when paying the release-clause for players seems to become the new trend.

I see people complaining about the TS 's price tag (42M+7 bonus) but Rio Ferdinand cost more to United (long time ago).
The price for Thiago Silva was a reasonable price I think (I didn't know about the 7M bonus btw), the best CB in the world is worth that price; Marquinhos however...

To speak about FFP: i see a lot of people hoping for the FFP to apply to kick PSG out. But i wonder how clubs can have huge debts if before they were spending what they were earning. And i'm not speaking about MU whose debt was due to Glazer investment.
Doesn't matter what the situation was like before. The fact is that the FFP is in effect now, and that the clubs should respect the rules. Apparently for clubs like PSG and Monaco those rules simply don't apply, I guess you can thank your compatriot Platini for that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
60 Million for Cavani, 35 Million for Marquinhos.. and this is w/o the HUGE salary's they are getting paid..
This is ridiculous

Where is Platini now and his Financial Fair Play?

On the other note, PSG signing Marquinhos and Digne makes me more confident about Thiago Silva.

Bertus

Where is Platini now and his Financial Fair Play?

On the other note, PSG signing Marquinhos and Digne makes me more confident about Thiago Silva.

Digne is not a CB.

Marquinhos can't be seen as a replacement to the current best CB of the world, the current captain of the team of a club where everyone wants to keep him.

If marquinhos is recruited, it's mainly because :

- Sahko showed how he can't compete with some of the best CB around. He also showed bad mentality because he hates to be in competition with other CB players.

- Alex is becoming old. Has only one year left and already said he'll be back to brasil if not this year, then next year after his last year here in France.

So instead of waiting for sahko transfer or alex departure, Nasser just wants to be prepared.

It's like verratti really. Buying him didn't mean that we want to kick Thiago Motta out.

AsRoma1927

The Sheik of PSG makes a statement shock:
'' If Barcelona Thiago Silva tries to take by paying the buy-out clause, I'll do the same with Messi''

The statement has been left because tired of hearing rumors about the departure of Thiago Silva. PSG will NOT want to sell it and says that if Barcelona takes him away by paying the clause, then he will pay 250m Messi to take it away.

is crazy and rich. The worst coupled, especially for football.

Bertus

The Sheik of PSG makes a statement shock:
'' If Barcelona Thiago Silva tries to take by paying the buy-out clause, I'll do the same with Messi''

The statement has been left because tired of hearing rumors about the departure of Thiago Silva. PSG will NOT want to sell it and says that if Barcelona takes him away by paying the clause, then he will pay 250m Messi to take it away.

is crazy and rich. The worst coupled, especially for football.

Read the previous pages in the TS thread please. That statement is confirmed to be a fake from an amateur french football website.

Plus, buyout clauses are forbidden in France. There isn't any in TS contract as said many times here in France these past weeks.

jairzinho

You've gotta love PSG's transfer strategy. If another bug club wants a player. They offer cashloads and sign him, whether or not that player fits their team. They basically leach off the big clubs, because they obviously can't scout or spot talent fr themselves.

Home of Barca Fans