Martin Montoya

Paganinisrvnge

he was horrible in the Euro...

No he wasn't. I watched every single Spain match. Just because he isn't a world class RB doesn't mean he was horrible. I think you guys have a distorted definition of horrible because of all the quality at Barcelona and Spain. A horrible player is someone who does not do their job and just fails at everything. The fact that Spain won the Euros speaks that he at least didn't give up a ton of goals or got Spain eliminated on his own. He did his job which was to make sure he didn't get completely torn to shreds and he served the purpose of an outlet pass on the right. Even hit in a couple decent crosses. If he played for Croatia then people would say "oh he's decent." but since he plays for a loaded Spain team he's "horrible".

M

mitkoa7x

He may be considered good in some mediocre side but not in Spain. He's supposed to be on the same level as the others.

Stric

I love seeing Montoya play. He was solid tonight. A more than worthy replacement for Alves. At times even more reliable, frankly. I'm looking forward to him wearing Barca's #2 for a long time. He's got crazy potential.

BTW Does anyone remember which game it was when Montoya made a long-range shot and hit the crossbar? It was early this season, final minutes, I even believe it was a draw... maybe one of the games against RM in the Supercopa?

KacaK

I love seeing Montoya play. He was solid tonight. A more than worthy replacement for Alves. At times even more reliable, frankly. I'm looking forward to him wearing Barca's #2 for a long time. He's got crazy potential.

BTW Does anyone remember which game it was when Montoya made a long-range shot and hit the crossbar? It was early this season, final minutes, I even believe it was a draw... maybe one of the games against RM in the Supercopa?
it was against RM in La Liga this season.....

Stric

Anyhow, I love how he has the balls to play like that even against RM, considering he's so young and inexperienced in the Primera. He looks like he has no problems coping with the pressure, yet without being irritatingly self-confident.

Mes que un club

He's probably not better than Alves (yet!), but he been better so far this season and in general i find we are more balanced, more solid with him. Two outright attacking full-backs like Alba and Alves can be too much; and if it comes down to a choice between those two i'd have to pick Alba as he has been brilliant all season while Alves hasn't really been on top for a year or so now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Anyhow, I love how he has the balls to play like that even against RM, considering he's so young and inexperienced in the Primera. He looks like he has no problems coping with the pressure, yet without being irritatingly self-confident.

La Masia :wave:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Poor poor effort against Alaves.

Despite of looking good during the first 15mins, something went off and he made a whole lot of mistakes out of which the most crucial one led to a goal. He obviously had some communication problems with Pinto.

He should pick up from this, and improve on those aspects.

P

PhilS

Not surprising that he has games like yesterday, given that this is his first season at this level. He did show some great flashes yesterday, to go along with the mistakes.

Home of Barca Fans