Martin Montoya

Galning

Well it doesn't matter if you are loaded, people still steal either for the rush or they have kleptomania or other reasons. Winona Ryder probably had millions in the bank but it didn't stop her from shoplifting stuff. Still word against word but there is probably some truth to it, a cab driver wouldn't say something like that out of the blue, either Montoya insulted him or they got into an argument or something else.

.. or he just wants to get some money out off a young guy who's loaded.

Arachnid

Well it doesn't matter if you are loaded, people still steal either for the rush or they have kleptomania or other reasons. Winona Ryder probably had millions in the bank but it didn't stop her from shoplifting stuff. Still word against word but there is probably some truth to it, a cab driver wouldn't say something like that out of the blue, either Montoya insulted him or they got into an argument or something else.

Tensions between Catalonia and the Central Spanish government are at an all-time high. Cabbies are well-known for their right wing-ish tendencies. He has a Barcelona player sitting there, a wallet disappears, he gets paranoid... bound to happen.

Probably forgot it in a bar or something.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that the cab driver's story was full of inconsistencies and justice decided to archive the case for lack of evidence, so everything turned out ok... Now Montoya is going to sue the idiot for acting like an idiot, hahaha...

karthik

No comments on Montoya's performance? A very good performance for a youngster plying his trade for the first time ever in First division. The spanish team door would soon be knocked by this young Catalan.

Theconomist

What an excellent revelation he has been this season. Just pure class, words cant describe how amazed i am.

He hasn't been a revelation the same way unknown players like Tello and Cuenca have been revelations last season. People who follow barca's youth teams have always known Montoya was going to bench Alves eventually.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He hasn't been a revelation the same way unknown players like Tello and Cuenca have been revelations last season. People who follow barca's youth teams have always known Montoya was going to bench Alves eventually.

Absolutely...A bit like Grimaldo really, although now I'm not sure what will become of him with Alba in tow

Barcilliant

Grimaldo is right now almost the equal of Alba... at 17. Alba is the one who need to start worrying.

Grimaldo needs another 2 years at least. He will probably be loaned out to some side. A stint in the EPL would probably do him some good. He is nowhere near Alba and I'm not a big fan of Alba either. People get massive expectations of a young player and then he ends up like Bojan or GDS which is a shame.

Arachnid

Grimaldo needs another 2 years at least. He will probably be loaned out to some side. A stint in the EPL would probably do him some good. He is nowhere near Alba and I'm not a big fan of Alba either. People get massive expectations of a young player and then he ends up like Bojan or GDS which is a shame.

Not really the same... Grimaldo is succeeding now in the second division, against many clubs who have been recently in the first... Bojan and GDS were pulled too soon from either youth sides or fourth tier division.

X

xaviniesta

reliable, consistent and confident. you can't use those words too often to describe a youth player. he has really stepped up since the copa final last season. i have to eat my own words here because couple of years ago i actually didn't think he could made it in barca.

Grimaldo is right now almost the equal of Alba... at 17. Alba is the one who need to start worrying.

oh dear god....whats next? deulofeu is almost as good as pedro who should be worried. some dudes here :lol:

i mean grimaldo is super amazing and will definately succeed in barca but he just got 17. let him be for a while. he is in his first year for barca b and segunda and not even there a regular. theres no need to rush with those kids. montoya had to earn his place in first team. but you already think dongou, deulo, grimaldo etc are almost certain regulars in 2-3 years...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans