Martin Montoya

USWAY

i mean grimaldo is super amazing and will definately succeed in barca but he just got 17. let him be for a while. he is in his first year for barca b and segunda and not even there a regular. theres no need to rush with those kids. montoya had to earn his place in first team. but you already think dongou, deulo, grimaldo etc are almost certain regulars in 2-3 years...
Not adding to the Grimaldo propoganda, but if he's not a regular for Barca B, what do you constitue as "regular" :lol: He's played every match, only coming on as a sub once. And is only second in minutes to Rafinha in the whole squad.

I think it's impressive how he immediately takes over the starting spot at every level he is promoted to. Even caused Eubesio to play Planas at CB.

P

PhilS

It's big for Montoya that Del Bosque is calling him up for this game, this could well be a tryout for the regular RB job. Right now, I'm not sure who I would pick to start between Arbeloa and Montoya, I think they would both be fine but Montoya has significant upside potential.

Alik

Arbeloa is definitely better at the moment even if simply because of getting more game time. I'm sure Montoya will develop a lot more though.

E

estranged

Arbeloa better than Montoya :lol: Arbeloa is the definition of mediocre, mechanical and one dimensional, yes, the definition to all those. And I'm not even saying it cuz he plays for Real.

Trickykid

Oh come on, I'm no fan of Arbeloa at all, but he's not THAT bad. His huge experience alone does wonders for him, and all in all he's just a fairly solid, decent player who won't exactly go into the history books as anything remotely remarkable. I believe Montoya has a far, far higher ceiling, but as of now, he's not better than Arbeloa.

Paganinisrvnge

Arbeloa is not as bad as you guys make him out to be. He did a decent job at the Euros. Montoya will replace him, though. Montoya-Pique-Ramos-Alba is the Spain back four of the foreseeable future.

M

mitkoa7x

Arbeloa is not as bad as you guys make him out to be. He did a decent job at the Euros. Montoya will replace him, though. Montoya-Pique-Ramos-Alba is the Spain back four of the foreseeable future.

he was horrible in the Euro...

Home of Barca Fans