Martin Montoya

Ron

Old-School
Can someone please give him a f@#king chance? he may not be better than Alves, but he sure as hell not worse, and I prefere a young, home grown, motivated and determined player over a Brazilian has been that doesn't deliver for 2 years now. He's the player that completes Jordi Alba, and he should be our first pick for the right wing next season.

Paganinisrvnge

Can someone please give him a f@#king chance? he may not be better than Alves, but he sure as hell not worse, and I prefere a young, home grown, motivated and determined player over a Brazilian has been that doesn't deliver for 2 years now. He's the player that completes Jordi Alba, and he should be our first pick for the right wing next season.

With Pedro as Right Back? :tito:

Stric

Montoya is very much involved in both defense and attack, it's really funny to see a player be everywhere like that, now that we're used to Alves. Seeing Montoya play only solidifies the negative opinion I've had on Alves lately. He proves my point perfectly.

barcanuck

Montoya is very much involved in both defense and attack, it's really funny to see a player be everywhere like that, now that we're used to Alves. Seeing Montoya play only solidifies the negative opinion I've had on Alves lately. He proves my point perfectly.

Bias much? It takes time to earn your keep. Alves was a super star who has turned into a regular star. Montoya is still a puppy.

BerkeleyBernie

No question Montoya is a better crosser and shooter than Alves, and less of a positional liability. He is also calm and seems to be a good fit in the tiki taka game.

Remains to be seen how effective he is defensively in 1v1 battles against top wingers. But his positional conservatism already makes it less likely for attacks to come down his side.

No question Montoya is a better crosser and shooter than Alves, and less of a positional liability. He is also calm and seems to be a good fit in the tiki taka game.

Remains to be seen how effective he is defensively in 1v1 battles against top wingers. But his positional conservatism already makes it less likely for attacks to come down his side.

It was only one game, but he did pretty well against Ronaldo in the league clasico.

hardyboy

The problem with alves is that he doesn't try to score goal even when he is one on one with the goalkeeper due to his lack of confdence, he always pass the ball even when nobody is marking him, and lately all his crosses were terrible, i would anyday prefer Montoya, He is a young blood with lots of confidence.

USWAY

Alves was a super star who turned into a sub par right back and still gets a lot of playing time

Beat me to it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alves stick around. It's just that I can't see Tito passing the guard slowly but surely to Montoya like he should be, so I'd rather he leave. Same thing with Xavi to Thiago, although Xavi isn't past it like Alves clearly is.

Last edited:

ceefoo

:montoya:I think he has at least demonstrated he is Dani's equal in terms of defending, and as far as I'm concerned, I would start him over :alves:

We should move Alves on now while we can still demand a reasonably high price. I rate him between 11-15m.

We already have Adriano as backup for both FB positions and if we get this Marquinhos fella from Roma that everyone is raving about (I haven't seen him). Then we can move Dani on and get some cash back.

Great strike yesterday btw.:thumbsup2:

JonM

I'm really excited about his future. He's the total package. As much as I like Dani, I think Martin is ready to take over.

Home of Barca Fans