Martín Zubimendi

Porque

But if we sign Olmo then surely we could have signed Zubi?

To be honest we are a bit light upfront, so if we can only sign one then Olmo is probably the better move.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Naive if think Flick looks at that Barca squad and doesnt want a DM.

Maybe he's convinced he can make it work with the current midfield + Bernal & Casado, perhaps they told him they need to sell someone like Frenkie or Gundogan first, or they could be living in hope they'll convince Nico Williams to make a dramatic last-minute change.

Who knows. Could also want a different type of DM than Zubimendi.

I'm no Zubimendi super fan, but a bit strange we're not in on this if he finally decides to leave Real Sociedad and we have the money to spend as the club keep briefing reporters and journalists. It's a position in need where IMO both Gundogan and Frenkie need to be out of the club within a year.

Messi983

Probably because Sociedad were in CL.

And maybe Zubi just didn't want to move to another La Liga team. Who knows.

Birdy

All that talk about Zubi being 'loyal' to his boyhood club suddenly evaporates, huh?

Another success of Laporta Deco and Xavi

Reactions: BJJ

BJJ

From what I've seen of Zubimendi, I don't rate him much.
It seems strange that he suddenly is joining Liverpool though. I thought this guy was Sociedad till I die.
Liverpool must have offered him good money.

Birdy

From what I've seen of Zubimendi, I don't rate him much.
It seems strange that he suddenly is joining Liverpool though. I thought this guy was Sociedad till I die.
Liverpool must have offered him good money.

Pretty sure Fatporta had offered him more, given the unjustifiably ludicrous wages given to players such as Lewa, Gundo, Raphina, Fati, etc. (and by the likes of hearsay, Nico Williams as well)

On the contrary, Liverpool are notorious for keeping a strict wage structure

Must have been then that their project is many times more appealing ....

ajnotkeith

It's kind of absurd that they managed to get him pretty much as soon as they were interested and we've allegedly been trying for several years.

Maybe he actually just didn't want to join us specifically, which is so strange, he has such a clear role here and he can stay in Spain.

ajnotkeith

Pretty sure Fatporta had offered him more, given the unjustifiably ludicrous wages given to players such as Lewa, Gundo, Raphina, Fati, etc. (and by the likes of hearsay, Nico Williams as well)

On the contrary, Liverpool are notorious for keeping a strict wage structure

Must have been then that their project is many times more appealing ....
Ngl this is very strange if Liverpool managed to convince him that quickly. Perhaps it's a personal preference of wanting to go abroad? Who knows.

But the Barca move on paper makes so much sense, we have no real DM so he will play basically every single game, he fits the style perfectly, can stay in La Liga, play with Spanish NT teammates etc. Bizarre that he was so adamant of not wanting to join us then... or were we ever really in for him?

Home of Barca Fans