Mason Greenwood

Rory

tbf, it seems she won't press charges, deleted the posts immediately, and her dad is defending him (sort of).
If she is ok in keeping him out of trouble for financial gain, which seems to be the case, which could allow him to do damage to other girls.
Isn't it fair to call her a gold digger? She will be practically helping him to damage other girls for money.

I get what you’re saying but it’s not her duty to do right by other people. She’s a victim and she can choose how to deal with this as she pleases. If she takes some money so she can build a life away from all of this then power to her. It’s not on her to stop this happening to other girls. It’s up to him and everyone around him to stop him being this kind of person.

khaled_a_d

I get what you’re saying but it’s not her duty to do right by other people. She’s a victim and she can choose how to deal with this as she pleases. If she takes some money so she can build a life away from all of this then power to her. It’s not on her to stop this happening to other girls. It’s up to him and everyone around him to stop him being this kind of person.

This is a fair point, although I am not sure if it is as simple as that.
Anyway, too early since it could be just the father being an asshole, maybe she will do the right thing and help in putting his ass in jail

KingLeo10

In situations like these, it's hard to draw full conclusions without all of this already unfolding in the legal system (Obviously).

From what we do know so far, there is convincing evidence that Mason is a scumbag and should face legal action and jail time.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I get what you?re saying but it?s not her duty to do right by other people. She?s a victim and she can choose how to deal with this as she pleases. If she takes some money so she can build a life away from all of this then power to her. It?s not on her to stop this happening to other girls. It?s up to him and everyone around him to stop him being this kind of person.

Of course she can decide for herself which path she chooses, but it would be morally the bottom drawer, since it lowers the credibility of women who were/are actually beaten. Because it will appear to the media that she lied.

Rory

Of course she can decide for herself which path she chooses, but it would be morally the bottom drawer, since it lowers the credibility of women who were/are actually beaten. Because it will appear to the media that she lied.

Not really, the evidence is out there. She’s not denying that what has been put out is real. Therefore that very act alone is already saying something.

Anyway this is all assumption, no one knows if this is being swept under the rug for money reasons. Even if it was I wouldn’t blame her at all.

Imagine having to have a trial against someone who is a millionaire, who is a golden boy of the next England football generation and a Man United player adored by millions worldwide. Defence lawyers will use horrible tactics against her, make her out to be the villain, the aggressor. The money behind Greenwood means he could launch a whole public campaign against her for the next 2 years. Her life will be hell for years until this is resolved at court. And even then she probably wouldn’t win. And even if she does win, the trauma of the abuse and the trauma of the process of the trial would be horrific.

So no it’s not bottom drawer, it would suck IF this is what happens, but it’s also about protecting herself from more harm.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Not really, the evidence is out there. She’s not denying that what has been put out is real. Therefore that very act alone is already saying something.

Anyway this is all assumption, no one knows if this is being swept under the rug for money reasons. Even if it was I wouldn’t blame her at all.

Imagine having to have a trial against someone who is a millionaire, who is a golden boy of the next England football generation and a Man United player adored by millions worldwide. Defence lawyers will use horrible tactics against her, make her out to be the villain, the aggressor. The money behind Greenwood means he could launch a whole public campaign against her for the next 2 years. Her life will be hell for years until this is resolved at court. And even then she probably wouldn’t win. And even if she does win, the trauma of the abuse and the trauma of the process of the trial would be horrific.

So no it’s not bottom drawer, it would suck IF this is what happens, but it’s also about protecting herself from more harm.

If she chooses money over justice then the act can't have been that bad. Mason was the golden boy adored by all of England before he did it, look how much hate he's getting now, all social media berates him. If that had happened to me, I wouldn't be able to rest until he's the one behind bars. In addition, footballers should not be given special treatment based on their money and power status. Anyways, lets see what happens.

Rory

If she chooses money over justice then the act can't have been that bad. Mason was the golden boy adored by all of England before he did it, look how much hate he's getting now, all social media berates him. If that had happened to me, I wouldn't be able to rest until he's the one behind bars. In addition, footballers should not be given special treatment based on their money and power status. Anyways, lets see what happens.

If she chooses money over justice then what happened can still be bad. I’ve explained why she might not want to go to court that you’ve completely overlooked. If you don’t understand those reasons then fair enough but I think I explained quite clearly.

Golden boy until now absolutely. But all he needs to do is sprinkle a bit of doubt, paint her out to be the bad one and he’ll have plenty of support. Support that a millionaire can weaponise very easily.

Agree footballers shouldn’t be given special treatment, never said that so I’m assuming you’re just saying that to make a point.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

If she chooses money over justice then what happened can still be bad. I’ve explained why she might not want to go to court that you’ve completely overlooked. If you don’t understand those reasons then fair enough but I think I explained quite clearly.

Golden boy until now absolutely. But all he needs to do is sprinkle a bit of doubt, paint her out to be the bad one and he’ll have plenty of support. Support that a millionaire can weaponise very easily.

Agree footballers shouldn’t be given special treatment, never said that so I’m assuming you’re just saying that to make a point.

Not saying the reasons youre mentioned are wrong but even if i would lose the process after two years and having nightmare dreams from his campaign i would still try to get him into jail. The whole world is against him atm i don't think he can turn it around just with money.

Just accepting the money and letting him to leave without even trying would rather damage me mentally.

But in such cases, everyone thinks differently, so you might be right Rory dude.

iniestaGOAT

Lots of people choose money over justice does not mean act wasnt bad. Its just life changing money being offered by the sick cunts.

Devils

Nike suspended relations with him and United removed all merchandise associated with him from their stores.

feggydinho

Not really, the evidence is out there. She?s not denying that what has been put out is real. Therefore that very act alone is already saying something.

Anyway this is all assumption, no one knows if this is being swept under the rug for money reasons. Even if it was I wouldn?t blame her at all.

Imagine having to have a trial against someone who is a millionaire, who is a golden boy of the next England football generation and a Man United player adored by millions worldwide. Defence lawyers will use horrible tactics against her, make her out to be the villain, the aggressor. The money behind Greenwood means he could launch a whole public campaign against her for the next 2 years. Her life will be hell for years until this is resolved at court. And even then she probably wouldn?t win. And even if she does win, the trauma of the abuse and the trauma of the process of the trial would be horrific.

So no it?s not bottom drawer, it would suck IF this is what happens, but it?s also about protecting herself from more harm.

On the contrary, I think she'll easily get help if she wants to chose justice and go after Mason. Many people online would be willing to help and make sure he's behind bars but I don't know if she'll want that. Still possible that she even likes the guy, we'll see how the case goes

MTL_Barca

Even law aside she'd just need to release more to get him slaughtered by the public, like it's already happening. That's just as devastating, no club would dare to touch the guy anymore because of the social media shitstorm.

But honestly if it's between going through all that or taking a huge amount of money and disappear i could understand going for that. Still the stuff is out there, don't think people will just forgot about it. His career will take a nosedive either way hopefully.

Home of Barca Fans