Mateu Alemany

Porque

I have heard good things about Cordon too. But to your point, it doesn't matter any more, whoever is foolish enough to come will have to suck up to Laporta and let him dictate. What's the point of really having a SD when Laporta is still here? Him and his friends (Yuste, Enric Masip etc.) will run the show and make anybody their stooge essentially.

This club.

Yep. Sometimes you do need to be led by a headstrong leader like Laporta. But we are bleeding talent and alot of the decisions this time around have been questionable to say the least.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yep. Sometimes you do need to be led by a headstrong leader like Laporta. But we are bleeding talent and alot of the decisions this time around have been questionable to say the least.

People used to say about Laporta in the past, that one thing he was good at was hiring good people and let them run things. His second stint with the club has been nothing but the opposite. He drove many existing folks away, and even some of the folks he hired himself (Ferran Reveter, now Alemany) ended up leaving because they don't subscribe to his way of running the club. Truly tragic for the club to be led by somewhat of a dictator now who fills positions with his friends and relatives.

The next election can't come sooner.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Antonio Cordón was Monaco's Director of Football during their 2016/17 fairytale season. He assembled the squad.

Devils

Of course he's gonna leave. Why the hell would he stay?

If I was a Sporting Director, who had a track record of success, and I see the manager given the freedom to sign a bunch of 30+ year olds and renew the likes of Roberto and Busi, then why the hell would I not want to leave?

Not to mention any fool can see the writing in the cards for next season with Xavi's torrid football and the likelihood of going trophyless. Xavi has been school in all cup competitions he's played in and rode his luck in La Liga. The latter of which wont happen next season lol.

feggydinho

All too many minutes and Pique had to chose to retire himself.

Nothing changes and too much given to amigos.

Should have been out long ago.
You can't just sell them without quality replacements, and Alba plus Busquets has been needed sometimes this season. Alba has still created the second most chances in Barca in La Liga even with the fewer minutes and Busquets still makes De Jong better so I don't think it's really about Amigos this time.

jamrock

Barca forum going Barca forum things.

Time will again in all likelihood have barcaforum, looking like Barcaforum always does in the end.

All of sudden, he never wanted to sign the majority of the players he helped to sign and didn't want to renew all the players he renewed 😂.

The man is just a professional doing is job and he's realizing all the shit that Barcelona is currently in isn't worth the stress, because each time we come up with a solution, la Liga fucks us over, so he's leaving to join a club that's clearly on the up, that also doesn't have to deal with all this shit.

I'd do the same thing it's business.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The key to this board & the club’s revival from Bartomeu‘s decimation is Laporta. Yes Alemany has been excellent and he will be missed even as Planes has been but fundamental is Joan. Just as in his first term as President, board members were replaced when they could not align with the leader and I trust no one more than Laporta to run our club

Mateu is a gentleman and has handled himself with great professionalism, we thank him for his work and put trust in whomever Laporta appoints. Critics went nuts when Reverter and Giro dropped out but nothing tragic came about

ajnotkeith

Barca forum going Barca forum things.

Time will again in all likelihood have barcaforum, looking like Barcaforum always does in the end.

All of sudden, he never wanted to sign the majority of the players he helped to sign and didn't want to renew all the players he renewed 😂.

The man is just a professional doing is job and he's realizing all the shit that Barcelona is currently in isn't worth the stress, because each time we come up with a solution, la Liga fucks us over, so he's leaving to join a club that's clearly on the up, that also doesn't have to deal with all this shit.

I'd do the same thing it's business.
It seems a bit more sudden to have been that.

He was aware of the FFP troubles since the first summer. Even then he was telling us a couple weeks ago how it will be a great window and to look forward to it, now all of a sudden, bang.

It is worth noting that him and Xavi have been in disagreement on a significant amount since they have been here. Dembele, Morata, Busi, Alba, Messi, Pablo Torre, Araujo, let's say that they seem to have disagreed on more than they actually agreed on. Clearly one of them had to be picked to lead the club in some direction in the market and Laporta picked Xavi. Their thinking was too at odds to keep both.

Porque

Xavi brother Alex Hernandez has emerged as a candidate to replace Alemany. Alex Hernandez recently met with Messi brother Rodrigo in Barcelona to discuss the Coup D'etat of Alemany, and the action plan for Leo Messi to destroy PSG from the inside backed by a Saudi-Catalan-Rosario coalition.

JamDav1982

You can't just sell them without quality replacements, and Alba plus Busquets has been needed sometimes this season. Alba has still created the second most chances in Barca in La Liga even with the fewer minutes and Busquets still makes De Jong better so I don't think it's really about Amigos this time.
Busquets doesnt 'make FDJ better' at all.

FDJ again yesterday was best player on park after Barca went off and FDJ has been best player on park multple times without Busquets.

Folk make out Barca misses Busquets v Rayo but ignore how awful he was as Real won with highest score line in 15 years at Camp Nou and in the 0-0 draws v Girona and Getafe.

FDJ is Barcas best mid who Busquets needs more than other way round.

FDJ gets into any team top team.. Busquets gets into none of them.

Home of Barca Fans