Matthijs de Ligt

xxxxxx

As far as i know PSG is far from having the biggest wages in the world. Even MU pays more in average wages.
MU is known for spending something like 50% of their turnover compared to Barça 70/80+ %.
If they really want they can afford it.

And when i say, de Ligt stature, i don't mean salary wise. They are hot on talent like Sancho or Felix that will cost a lot on fee but not necessarily on wages.

The problem with that is Man Utd are so far behind with having a quality squad. They literally need to spend around £500m just to compete..... and even that's going to take years. Their squad is awful.

Besides, there isn't much talent out there that's going to be cheap. Also, do the top players want to go to a club that's not even in the Champs League? Yeah... I'm sure Man Utd can spend a lot money on wages and so on. But they still need to watch what they spend. And are they actually willing to trust Solskjær who struggled like hell in the last 2 months of the season with a big budget? I doubt they will.

Givenchy

As far as i know PSG is far from having the biggest wages in the world. Even MU pays more in average wages.
MU is known for spending something like 50% of their turnover compared to Barça 70/80+ %.
If they really want they can afford it.

And when i say, de Ligt stature, i don't mean salary wise. They are hot on talent like Sancho or Felix that will cost a lot on fee but not necessarily on wages.

Sancho? Felix? and how much do you think they will ask for in wages once they see De Ligt is getting 250k+ per week at 19? :lol:

edit: just seen a Di Marzio tweet.. seems like its really happening! insane

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Yeah if it is true, I wont blame the board. We did everything we can to sign him and us giving 14m a year to a 19 year old is insanity.

I'll wait till its official though. I still hope we can get him on lower wages.

I don't blame our board if we don't get him. This is all on de Ligt at this point. If he has any IQ he'll choose a club who is actually going to win trophies next season. Despite us having an aging squad and a poor coach, we can still win trophies and attract the top names. Plus, we're guaranteed top 4 every year..... Man Utd cannot guarantee top 4 every year, never mind winning trophies.

Newcomer

The problem with that is Man Utd are so far behind with having a quality squad. They literally need to spend around £500m just to compete..... and even that's going to take years. Their squad is awful.

Besides, there isn't much talent out there that's going to be cheap. Also, do the top players want to go to a club that's not even in the Champs League? Yeah... I'm sure Man Utd can spend a lot money on wages and so on. But they still need to watch what they spend. And are they actually willing to trust Solskjær who struggled like hell in the last 2 months of the season with a big budget? I doubt they will.

I agree with everything you said.
But signing de Ligt is a "safe" bet. Whoever is your coach, who wouldn't buy him if you urgently need a quality CB ?

I agree that MU is not the most attractive destination (reason why i think he will end up in Barça) but they still have a decent project if they start investing in the right personnel. Everything can go fast in football. Where was Liverpool 3 years ago ? They did consecutive right decisions in the market and are doing their second consecutive CL final.

MU has vastly more ressources than Liverpool. 4 great buys this year to get back in CL and another great summer market next year and they are good to go.

Raketa10

But signing de Ligt is a "safe" bet. Whoever is your coach, who wouldn't buy him if you urgently need a quality CB ?

I agree that MU is not the most attractive destination (reason why i think he will end up in Barça) but they still have a decent project if they start investing in the right personnel. Everything can go fast in football. Where was Liverpool 3 years ago ? They did consecutive right decisions in the market and are doing their second consecutive CL final.

MU has vastly more ressources than Liverpool. 4 great buys this year to get back in CL and another great summer market next year and they are good to go.

Signing a 19y old CB on a 14 mil wages is everything except a safe bet. :lol: You have to be fucking crazy or desperate for that.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

It just feels like choosing Man Utd now is not a good choice. He's not going to develop at Utd. They have no leaders there.... they barely have any top players for him to play around. And the top players they have, they look like they're on their way out.

Newcomer

Sancho? Felix? and how much do you think they will ask for in wages once they see De Ligt is getting 250k+ per week at 19? :lol:

edit: just seen a Di Marzio tweet.. seems like its really happening! insane
Not anyone has Raiola to negociate great deals.
MU knows they will have to overpay if they want the most wanted CB on the market.

But we are just discussing about a fake tweet, so why bother with the sum quoted ?

I'm just saying that MU is still loaded, a big name in football and there are playing time and money waiting for good players.

Home of Barca Fans