Matthijs de Ligt

FinBarcelonafan

To be fair, De Ligt never proclaimed that he loves Barca. He is NOT a Barca fan like De Jong. He is attracted by us primarily because of business reasons (the fact that we are one of the biggest and best clubs and the fact we pay handsomely) and perhaps because his best friend is going to play here.

He doesn’t love Barca.

However in general I agree with BBZ’s sentiment. The fact that De Ligt did not accept our offer (which is reportedly the same as what we offered De Jong) says a lot about him and how he sees himself.

Well, I do think he is more highly rated than DeJong. DeJong is great and all, but Delight is on a different level. We are talking about maybe generational defenseman potential. DeJong is not on the same level.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, I do think he is more highly rated than DeJong. DeJong is great and all, but Delight is on a different level. We are talking about maybe generational defenseman potential. DeJong is not on the same level.

I am not sure about that. The label "generational talent" is being thrown too carelessly these days and it has got a bad omen to it. De Ligt needs to establish himself in the big leagues and further grow in my opinion. Either way I think he shouldn't be paid THAT much.

M

Medz

I just fucking hope that the board dont budge and stick to their offer. He can fuck off if him or his agent want more money

Messigician

No business with fatty Mino, and people on here were deluded enough to say " oh he's not his agent he is just out there to look out for poor De Ligt"

Behave will you.

I want no business with his entourage even if we do sign him he will be looking to move every year for the usual new challenge bs give my client a new contract and a fat agent fee for renewing.

Sorin

Good midfielders and forwards are more important to a team than defenders. Will always generate more buzz, will always cost more, will always collect better paychecks, because in the end, they are the difference makers. It's completely reasonable that we won't offer a better wage to De Ligt than to De Jong. We won CL with Sylvinho and Yaya as a make shift pair. Oleguer, Belleti and Giovanni Van Bronckhorst were our full backs in 2006. Good players, don't get me wrong, but none of them "generational". Oleguer was trash even.

The only generational defenders we had during these past decades are Puyol, and maybe Pique. Many would argue that not even them are generational. Well, Alves too but he was much more than a defender so don't really know if he qualifies.

It's simply way more important to get the midfield and attack spot on than the defense. Even if we don't have a "generational" talent like De Ligt, we could always buy one of the top 5 CB in the world and dominate all the same.

So no, De Ligt is not more justified to get a bigger salary offer than Frenkie. If, in the future, he proves himself to be the best thing since sliced bread then by all means he should get a nice pay increase. I would honestly be disappointed if we offer more than 5-8m net. Our wage structure is already stretched paper thin as it is, now here comes a 19 yo who is not even as good as Pique, being the third best paid player in our team. It's fucked up.

Last edited:

FC433

^
and FDJ will probably get a new and better contract within two seasons. And that should happen to MDL too if we sign him. I hope that we do not change our offer. His interviews irritate me.

Zidane82

De Ligt odds changing slightly since last week ., United now just 11:4

Barca were 1:3

Today we’re 1:2

Last edited:

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matthijs de Ligt’s agent, Mino Raiola, is prioritizing a move to PSG over Barcelona for his client. [canal+] <a href="https://t.co/lW82YiB9RV">pic.twitter.com/lW82YiB9RV</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1134223063770206208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">30. Mai 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FinBarcelonafan

I don't believe it. He is going to Spain or England. He is too start to go France.

Raiola might be pushing him to France but.. I doubt he goes there. They use PSG to milk others .

Givenchy

PSG or United i think, purely cause Raiola is involved. the 2 options will be; join United for huge wages and then leave after 2 seasons for a bigger club and more agent fee (probably Raiolas favourite) OR a huge deal at PSG with Raiola making even more than he would from United

if he wanted Barca i think he'd already be here or at the very least, stay quiet while we shift a CB to make room for him

FinBarcelonafan

PSG or United i think, purely cause Raiola is involved. the 2 options will be; join United for huge wages and then leave after 2 seasons for a bigger club and more agent fee (probably Raiolas favourite) OR a huge deal at PSG with Raiola making even more than he would from United

if he wanted Barca i think he'd already be here or at the very least, stay quiet while we shift a CB to make room for him

Why is he taking so long to decide? DeJong signed long time ago.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why is he taking so long to decide? DeJong signed long time ago.

Because he is either waiting for us to budge and offer higher wages and commissions (which we won't) to match those from probably Manchester United and PSG or he is mulling picking one of those clubs. Raiola wants him to pick PSG or Manchester United because they pay more, we will see what De Ligt's decision is. I personally think the longer we wait, the more there is an increasingly chance that he will sign with one of those.

Home of Barca Fans