Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Next season we are OK, not expecting to win anything in Valverde's last season anyway. After next season we will need to have a replacement for Pique, even if Umtiti managed to get back to his normal level, both health and performance wise. Not sure if Todibo will be able to step up to the plate by then.

abbbs97

We're looking to sell Umtiti though, which if we do, that means we're serious in getting de Ligt.
I dont trust Todibo in big games yet which is why de Ligt should be a priority along with a striker and an LB.

xxxxxx

Going to Utd at this point in time is a horrible move for him. He won't progress with that current squad or manager. Man Utd are so far behind Liverpool and City.

I highly doubt Utd can finish top 4 next season. If you look at their squad, it's literally full of average to shit players. They would need to spend at least 300m to 400m to even compete.... and even then it's going to take time for the new signings to settle in. And do the board trust giving Ole like 400m to spend? I doubt they do, especially when he did horrible for the last 7 weeks of the season.

It's entirely up to him..... but if does end up at Utd, we all know it won't be for football reasons.

Givenchy

Going to Utd at this point in time is a horrible move for him. He won't progress with that current squad or manager. Man Utd are so far behind Liverpool and City.

I highly doubt Utd can finish top 4 next season. If you look at their squad, it's literally full of average to shit players. They would need to spend at least 300m to 400m to even compete.... and even then it's going to take time for the new signings to settle in. And do the board trust giving Ole like 400m to spend? I doubt they do, especially when he did horrible for the last 7 weeks of the season.

It's entirely up to him..... but if does end up at Utd, we all know it won't be for football reasons.

United isn't that bad of a move, its a perfect stepping stone to a bigger club after 2-3 seasons + HUGE wages. Raiola will also know this, so theres potential for another big agents fee in the future

I saw earlier City pulled out of the De Ligt race, not sure how reliable/credible their interest was but as usual it was being reported Raiola as the problem

mia7007

Is it confirmed Umtiti injury is permenant. This guy was a beast so we should not lose him unless we are sure he will not be back to form

George_Costanza

A few years ago, players would die to move to Barcelona and offer a pay cut to join us because of the way we play football and how we go and challenge the biggest trophies. Now we no longer hold that edge and I don't blame players like De Ligt looking for money. He is even ok that United isn't playing UCL next season knowing that Barcelona is no longer considered one of the favorites to win it.

Magyarkhan

A few years ago, players would die to move to Barcelona and offer a pay cut to join us because of the way we play football and how we go and challenge the biggest trophies. Now we no longer hold that edge and I don't blame players like De Ligt looking for money. He is even ok that United isn't playing UCL next season knowing that Barcelona is no longer considered one of the favorites to win it.

He isnt going for money, its playtime, Frenkie Barca and ambition....

XaviV

Who doesn't consider Barca one of the top contenders for the CL? Moreso compared to Man Utd.

We need a change, but we are still a top side.

George_Costanza

Who doesn't consider Barca one of the top contenders for the CL? Moreso compared to Man Utd.

We need a change, but we are still a top side.

I don't consider Barca one of the top contenders for the UCL, not even close! We are a top side in La Liga, not Europe. So playing for United or playing for Barca would result in the same outcome which is not winning the UCL for some times, and for us until at least 2021-2022. I would take the team that pays more.

Givenchy

'play time' is what De Ligt will try to spin it as but i thought the kid was a tough captain, a 'fighter' who wants competition to improve himself, who wants to fight for his CB spot... yeah a guaranteed starting spot at 6th placed United at 19 on bigger wages than Pique is really showing that fighter ambition :facepalm:

very disappointed in De Ligt if he does choose money>football but i guess thats todays world

ebc_99

I don't consider Barca one of the top contenders for the UCL, not even close! We are a top side in La Liga, not Europe. So playing for United or playing for Barca would result in the same outcome which is not winning the UCL for some times, and for us until at least 2021-2022. I would take the team that pays more.

Barca are one of the 4 or 5 best teams, of course they are one of the favourites and rightly so. If we can add De Jong, De Ligt & Griezmann to our first 11 then even with Valverde we will be much stronger.

Home of Barca Fans