Matthijs de Ligt

Raketa10

Calma calma, he is coming here. No one sane would choose PSG or MUN over us and he is a smart kid. Can't wait to see De Jong and De Ligt in Barca shirt.

clemente

Extra 6m per year is better than a "barca pride" or whatever we pretend to offer, he would be stupid to come here, Messi is literally the only attractive thing about this club.

BarçaBarça

Extra 6m per year is better than a "barca pride" or whatever we pretend to offer, he would be stupid to come here, Messi is literally the only attractive thing about this club.

The doom and gloom is too strong in this forum. We are talking about the next 5-6 seasons of his career. Valverde won't be here that long. A consistent run in CL each year, possible wins, and very likely some league titles in the best league in the world, in a team which is suited to his qualities, with his BF, in a club with a historic connection to his beloved Ajax, which he identifies very strongly with.. It's not only Messi in our favour.

I bet he is more concerned with "playing full time almost certainly" elsewhere contra "being eased in slowly + earn his spot" here with us next season than money, in the end. That is a fine concern, because it is a big step for him. But Lenglet should prove that you will be given your change even when we have WC-options in your spot (Umtiti not starting, even though he was fresh again).

clemente

The doom and gloom is too strong in this forum. We are talking about the next 5-6 seasons of his career. Valverde won't be here that long. A consistent run in CL each year, possible wins, and very likely some league titles in the best league in the world, in a team which is suited to his qualities, with his BF, in a club with a historic connection to his beloved Ajax, which he identifies very strongly with.. It's not only Messi in our favour.

I bet he is more concerned with "playing full time almost certainly" elsewhere contra "being eased in slowly + earn his spot" here with us next season than money, in the end. That is a fine concern, because it is a big step for him. But Lenglet should prove that you will be given your change even when we have WC-options in your spot (Umtiti not starting, even though he was fresh again).

Valverde will be here next season.
He will go to a ~top 7 team anyway, which will have a consistent runs either way, most likely even more successful than us.
He can win league anywhere.
We aren't best league in the world anymore.
We are suited for his qualities? That's what I was talking about, its all gone now, we are Simeone/Mourinho, forget the Cryuff/Pep days.
He will find friends anywhere, that's a life of a footballer.
Ajax connection is just history now, we have no Ajax vibes at all since 4 years ago.
Should not have mentioned Lenglet, he played because Umtiti was injured, and when Umtiti came back from injury, it would be a spit into Lenglets face to start Umtiti over him again, this sounds like some EV excusers nonsense.

Zidane82

I’m still not sure we will get him ... we are supposedly unwilling to guarantee him decent playing time ( unlike the other interested clubs)

Koeman on De Ligt ..

The former Everton coach underlined that his future team's style should fit that of the 19-year-old international, who is set to depart the Eredivisie champions this summer.

"I spoke to Matthijs one week ago about his future, and that's a secret," Koeman said.

"What I told all the young players maybe thinking about making a step [up] is that the most important thing is to keep playing, keep getting minutes to develop your football.

Tackle

Down to only us and PSG again it seems according to most reports.

The same scenario played out with De Jong, but we caved in the end to his ridiculous wage demands. We are paying De Jong 16m pre-tax. De Ligt wants the same amount. There is no way PSG are willing to pay him 16m net because even Mbappe is only on 10m net. 16m net is Neymar/CR7 category. All the numbers being reported right now are pre-tax.

Let's see what happens. Will De Ligt show his "love for Barca" and take a lot less money or will he go to PSG like De Jong was planning to unless we increase our offer last minute again?

So much for the narrative of "De Jong came here because he deeply loves the club." De Jong only came here because we matched the 16m offer, we must do the same for De Ligt if we want him. I'm sure both prefer/preferred Barca over PSG, but don't be daft, money comes before all else.

abbbs97

Down to only us and PSG again it seems according to most reports.

The same scenario played out with De Jong, but we caved in the end to his ridiculous wage demands. We are paying De Jong 16m pre-tax. De Ligt wants the same amount. There is no way PSG are willing to pay him 16m net because even Mbappe is only on 10m net. 16m net is Neymar/CR7 category. All the numbers being reported right now are pre-tax.

Let's see what happens. Will De Ligt show his "love for Barca" and take a lot less money or will he go to PSG like De Jong was planning to unless we increase our offer last minute again?

So much for the narrative of "De Jong came here because he deeply loves the club." De Jong only came here because we matched the 16m offer, we must do the same for De Ligt if we want him. I'm sure both prefer/preferred Barca over PSG, but don't be daft, money comes before all else.

We are not paying De Jong 16m. It’s more in the range of 8-10m.
I feel like this will play out like the De Jong scenario. If de Ligt chooses PSG, it will be a huge waste of his talent. And lol at them wanting to pay him 16m along with them paying Mbappe and Neymar’s huge huge wages. Where is FFP in this issue?

Tackle

We are not paying De Jong 16m. It’s more in the range of 8-10m.
I feel like this will play out like the De Jong scenario. If de Ligt chooses PSG, it will be a huge waste of his talent. And lol at them wanting to pay him 16m along with them paying Mbappe and Neymar’s huge huge wages. Where is FFP in this issue?

De Jong is getting paid a 10m fixed salary + a 6m bonus salary, which includes a lot of easily achievable goals like winning titles and playing matches. He will be easily walking away with 12-14m gross a year at the very least. De Ligt's 16m would also be structured in a similar way. Most contracts have large bonus incentives, but the media tend to lump the entire sum together as a fixed amount.

Dembele is on 12m fixed per year pre-tax + an 8m bonus salary which could see his annual wages rise to as much as 20m. This is according to Der Spiegel's Football Leaks, which is a highly reliable source that leaks information from private official club documents.

De Ligt saw what happened with De Jong and will wait until the last minute to see if Barca increases their offer. If not, PSG it is.

Home of Barca Fans