Matthijs de Ligt

Sidewinder

he should absolutely start for barca too. he's already better than lenglet and umtiti. the lcb don't need to be a leftie. pique and puyol, both right footed.

Newcomer

if we did really offer him the same as Frenkie then i cant really fault the board this time. i find it odd that Raiola would want him to join PSG though, especially since theres no way he'll be allowed to leave no matter what fuss he kicks up

I have no doubt he will sign for Barça and has taken his decision long ago but was just holding out for more money, better conditions (playing time). I remember seeing a guy taking a picture with him and congratulating him for his departure to his new club with a spanish flag.

However, Raiola has no problem with PSG. Matuidi, a Raiola client, was allowed to leave for Juve for a small price. Maxwell, the vice sporting director, was and is still a Raiola guy. Areola who renewed with PSG is a Raiola client. When Di Campli tried to force a move for Verratti to Barca, PSG forced Verratti to change agent and take Raiola.

The mistake people are doing is believing Raiola just want to send his player abroad. Raiola is working for his clients and is loved by them because he takes all the bad press while they are seen like little angels manipulated by his own personal greed.
As you can see, those particular players of PSG are his clients and there has been no problem whatsoever when the player themselves were not pushing for a move or for more money. PSG pays well, his clients are happy and so is he.

As for playing time, he would definitely play at PSG. Kehrer was bought last year and ended up the year with catastrophic performances after a very good start. Kimpembe has had a surgery because of pubalgia. TS is getting old and he still the best CB of the club.
But it raises some question. What does it mean about Marquinhos ? Will he go back to the midfield ? Will Kehrer still play on the right side of the defence ? De Ligt is very expensive and PSG has limited money and PSG needs to reinforce the midfield, the goalkeeper and the fullback positions.

Last edited:

Tackle

Right, I know PSG definitely offered more money than us (and De Ligt can rein in Raiola if he wants to), but I am questioning if he will get more minutes there. We have 4 CBs and PSG has 4 too. Here he can compete for the second CB spot, or even the first in a year or so.

Pique will still start 80-90% of the matches at RCB (De Ligt's preferred position) for the next few years. Lenglet and Umiti will split the duties at LCB, with the one in better form playing the big matches. De Ligt won't get many minutes there either and it's not like centrebacks need a load of rest or anything.

Look at PSG on the other hand:

1. A half dead 35 year old Thiago Silva
2. Another youngster Kimpembe who is not half as talented
3. An undersized Marquinhos that mostly plays midfield these days

The competition is not comparable, he would walk into the PSG starting XI, whereas he'd have very little playing time here for the first 2-3 years.

Tackle

Also, what a blunder. :lol::lol::lol:

Cost Ajax a trip to the CL final and has now possibly cost Holland a Nations League final appearance.

Twitter and YouTube will still laud him as a generational CB that our club absolutely cannot miss out on and chat shite about how not signing him would set us back a decade.

Young lad needs a reality check.

he's a complete train wreck this match, what's going on with him

He is always like this in big matches, looking good against midtable Dutch sides is not difficult.

Home of Barca Fans