Matthijs de Ligt

gregorrin10

Just like that BBZ disappeared from this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's the biggest fucking poison and clown on here there is...when he's on it, he's posting shit every 2 minutes, then after he's proven an idiot pretty much every single time, he's gone for days or even weeks, then rinse and repeat. If he's ever banned from here, I'm gonna celebrate it more than a treble.

mc_lovin

What I like about him is that he grows into games and just throws himself into every tackle. We lacked a defender like that since Puyol (maybe Umtiti at his best). Lenglet and Pique are both more positional and "clean".

Campos

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="nl"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matthijs de Ligt has now scored in:<br><br>✓ Champion League quarter-final<br>✓ Champions League semi-final<br>✓ Nations League semi-final<br><br>That's how you make up for a mistake. &#55357;&#56490; <a href="https://t.co/vGqFVTJx4n">pic.twitter.com/vGqFVTJx4n</a></p>— Squawka Football (@Squawka) <a href="https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1136729933735243777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">6 juni 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BBZ8800

He's the biggest fucking poison and clown on here there is...when he's on it, he's posting shit every 2 minutes, then after he's proven an idiot pretty much every single time, he's gone for days or even weeks, then rinse and repeat. If he's ever banned from here, I'm gonna celebrate it more than a treble.

Wait:
De Ligt makes a mistake as a defender, which is his job.
And then he scores a goal, which is not his main job.
Was he a good or bad defender tonight, since we are buying him to strengthen our defense.

And I am proven as an idiot for questioning whether De Ligt is worth 85 or more Millions, 10m for his agent, Pique's wages and asking for a starting spot.
Which again means that probably Lenglet needs to be benched.
Lenglet, who is also young, needs a playing time to grow.
And who is on lower wages, without Raiola and won't make a fuss about a guaranteed starting spot.

Zidane82

Was he good or bad tonight?
Or both?

Was he better tonight than a current Pique and Lenglet?

He made one silly error when the ball went under his foot .. very unlike him to miscontrol the ball like that though .
Stones , Maguire , Barkley and Walker made equally bad mistakes in defence

He played well after that .., great saving tackle on Kane , great equalising goal as well plus he links up brilliantly with FDJ

mc_lovin

Mistakes are part of the game - especially for aggressive defenders (Puyol, Mascherano...).

Look at Ramos: hes a headless chicken, but in 1 out of 10 games hes incredible and can carry the team (vs Ajax for example). Neither Pique nor Lenglet have that. For league campaigns I would take Pique over Ramos any day of the week. But in a one off champions league game I would prefer Ramos. And I see some of that in De Ligt.

Regarding the price I agree. He shouldnt earn more than Frenkie. He has our offer, I hope we dont increase it. If he wants to come great, if not I wouldnt be mad.

Home of Barca Fans