Matthijs de Ligt

Sorin

I'll wait and see if this isn't just another ploy by Raiola to get us to cough up more money. I must say though that I wouldn't be too bothered by him going to PSG. So what if De Ligt is going to be the best CB in the world for the next 10 years? Let's just focus on more pressing needs like building a great midfield and great attack and in due time let's buy the second or third best CB in the world. Won't miss De Ligt in the slightest.

The only thing that will be hard to find are his leadership qualities. To be frank, that's the main reason why I want him but as a defender there's plenty of CB that'll be just as good or slightly worse so good luck to him to PSG if he thinks that's the best decision for his career.

Now let's put these money into replacing Suarez and buying a goddamn specialized left winger for once.

Last edited:

Tackle

I dislike Valverde as much as any of you but the talk of him choosing PSG over us was because he realized how bad Valverde is and somehow shifted the blame on us, is just ludicrous.

De Ligt is not well versed in everything Barca as much as we are, not at all. He might have some reservations about Valverde but he doesn't know about all the ills of Valverde. De Ligt is not a fool, he knows Valverde will not be here forever. He is choosing money and playing time over us, with or without Valverde, period. Ultimately he cares about money, that's why he hired Raiola in the first place; and he is concerned about playing time (legitimately) but I can also spin it that he is afraid of competition.

I am just a little disappointed about the decision he made. He is a great talent but he is just a CB. We can find good CBs elsewhere.

Rubbish.

De Jong also chose the money and was off to PSG until we gave him the same 10m + bonuses salary De Ligt is asking for. Frenkie may have been a bigger Barca fan than De Ligt, but don't take the piss, he too only came here because the money was right. There were also rumours floating around we promised him we'd sell two midfielders to lighten up the competition.

Footballers are not the heroes of some fairytale where they will bend over backwards sacrificing their wages and playing time to go to a club regardless of how big fans they are. The last and one of the only players who actually sacrificed his monetary gains to come here was Paulinho.

Players are not fans. Football is a job at the end of the day and like most rational people they would choose to work in company they like a little less if it meant having a bigger role and higher wages.

It is only fans that are caught up in the "magic" of their club. In the real world for people that play football as a profession their perspective is much different.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Rubbish.

De Jong also chose the money and was off to PSG until we gave him the same 10m + bonuses salary De Ligt is asking for. Frenkie may have been a bigger Barca fan than De Ligt, but don't take the piss, he too only came here because the money was right. There were also rumours floating around we promised him we'd sell two midfielders to lighten up the competition.

Footballers are not the heroes of some fairytale where they will bend over backwards sacrificing their wages and playing time to go to a club regardless of how big fans they are. The last and one of the only players who actually sacrificed his monetary gains to come here was Paulinho.

Players are not fans. Football is a job at the end of the day and like most rational people they would choose to work in company they like a little less if it meant having a bigger role and higher wages.

It is only fans that are caught up in the "magic" of their club. In the real world for people that play football as a profession their perspective is much different.

You like being rude, don't you? Twice you responded to my post with stuff like "bollocks" or "rubbish". When you disagree with someone's opinion you don't have to sound so cocky and condescending.

To a certain degree I agree with the points you made. However, we don't know for sure how much we are offering De Jong and we don't know if money was the only thing that persuaded him.

To make you happy, let's assume you are completely right, I am going to say, OK they are all money whores but I have no regrets signing De Jong and if De Ligt doesn't want to come simply over 2.5m a year RIGHT NOW (he will make a lot more in the future if he comes here since we do pay the highest average wage in the industry), so be it.

Givenchy

You like being rude, don't you? Twice you responded to my post with stuff like "bollocks" or "rubbish". When you disagree with someone's opinion you don't have to sound so cocky and condescending.

To a certain degree I agree with the points you made. However, we don't know for sure how much we are offering De Jong and we don't know if money was the only thing that persuaded him.

To make you happy, let's assume you are completely right, I am going to say, OK they are all money whores but I have no regrets signing De Jong and if De Ligt doesn't want to come simply over 2.5m a year RIGHT NOW (he will make a lot more in the future if he comes here since we do pay the highest average wage in the industry), so be it.

I don't think its all about the money in so much as De Ligt probably had the idea of parity with De Jong on wages. i'm not sure why we wouldn't offer the same either, seems like a fuck up from Barto. i get the feeling we weren't really 100% invested in this deal as we have decent depth at CB - Pique will be fine for another season, Lenglet is progressing even under Fraudverde, Umtiti is an unknown but still solid enough and Todibo deserves a chance

PSG no doubt will see this as some type of weird revenge for Frenkie, they also got Herrera from United and were hella petty after losing to them in the CL. they could end up in hot water with FFP again and they still need midfielders afaik, very strange decision

D10S_JC

I don't understand why he vows to leave Ajax if he really does care about the playing time.

He is still young and can contribute much more for his beloved club.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Fucking 19 year old kid and 7.5 million isn't enough for him?! 😃

Lmao at these pricks. Talk about not living in the real world.

Please go to Pag. Please.

Honesty I think I am sick of football. The money is killing the game. I hope there comes a time when the stands are empty and no one gives a fuck.

M

Medz

Im praying he goes to United or PSG so I can laugh at him when his career goes downhill

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[tw]1138623112109596674[/tw]

If this (waiting for Barca and others to match PSG's offer) is true then De Ligt is looking for more money, pure and simple. Playing time my ass. More money is what he is after.

He doesn't appear to be genuinely wanting to join PSG. Either using PSG to get better offers from other clubs or joining PSG because they offer the most. If I were a PSG fan I wouldn't be very thrilled. But hey, De Jong went to Barca because of money too, so I was told by some. What do I know. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Newcomer

[tw]1138623112109596674[/tw]

If this (waiting for Barca and others to match PSG's offer) is true then De Ligt is looking for more money, pure and simple. Playing time my ass. More money is what he is after.

He doesn't appear to be genuinely wanting to join PSG. Either using PSG to get better offers from other clubs or joining PSG because they offer the most. If I were a PSG fan I wouldn't be very thrilled. But hey, De Jong went to Barca because of money too, so I was told by some. What do I know. :rolleyes:

Ding, ding ding !

De Jong 2.0, anybody ?

All according to plan as predicted.

Well, i don't see why PSG fan would have any problem with that. Barça had to cough up 10 + 6 to get de Jong. For PSG, it is a win win. Either Barça coughs up the cash, either the player comes to PSG.

Of course, the better would be the latter outcome. Once the player has a contract, it doesn't matter if he wants to go to Barça afterwards. He will serve his years unless PSG want to sell. And during those years, PSG will get (hopefully) a quality player and maybe a profit like Chelsea did with Hazard.

In the end, i see what de Jong was really talking about when he said "de Ligt knows what he has to do". He is just following the steps of his buddy and is receiving so much hatred from Barça fanbase.

Home of Barca Fans